Low Stakes Mafia - Town Wins!

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Low Stakes Mafia - Day 2

Postby UFO Fever » 12 Nov 2018, 05:21

Dwiltse1114 wrote:Also ufo did zoom have your milk?

No milk *cries*
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby UFO Fever » 12 Nov 2018, 05:23

Anyway I can persuade town to give me another day?
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 12 Nov 2018, 05:27

I’m going to shoot you tonight if they go that route
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1409
All-game rating: 1427
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 12 Nov 2018, 05:36

UpsideDownChuck wrote:I’m going to shoot you tonight if they go that route

So mean but I doubt theyd go that route anywho...

So curious udc whyd you choose to kill zoom over myself or ufo?
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby kimpossible » 12 Nov 2018, 05:48

Well, I would not have guessed that one.

UDC

Sorry Chuck, it was a really townsided setup.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby UFO Fever » 12 Nov 2018, 05:50

No Lynch because I gotta play to the wincon.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Re: Low Stakes Mafia - Day 1

Postby UFO Fever » 12 Nov 2018, 05:58

UpsideDownChuck wrote:Checking in. Preferences go SJG11>Nook>Para>Kim. Para’s play has been pretty bleh today irrespective of his alignment t. And I think it’s okiah to eliminate him since he’s done some shady stuff and doesn’t seem capable of posting himself clear.

With that said, I think the quiet thread since he got into the lead is an omen that he is sadly most likely town. I’d encourage whomevers around to consider a cod onto sjg11. He’s currently being voted by two townies. One of whom ZZ should be clear is town, and while I’m not nearly clear in the same sense I do seem to be widely (and correctly) town read for what that’s worth.

I’ll be around and would also accept a wagon on nanook. Given how much I’ve posted and how dead the thread is I’m not going to keep posting reasons why you should vote one or the other, but I’ll be arohnd

I didn't say so at the time yesterday because I was driving and eating but this really gave me pause about UDC. In my experience, the middle paragraph is false, usually once scum is cornered it tends to go quiet, and I remember in Hydra sjg and I were pushing that argument as well. Would I have voted UDC today, probably not. But I'd like to think he would have been my day three vote.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby Nanook » 12 Nov 2018, 06:35

UFO Fever wrote:Anyway I can persuade town to give me another day?

Naw dude, sucks but that’s a crappy thing to do to Chuck after he’s been caught.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Re: Low Stakes Mafia - Day 1

Postby Nanook » 12 Nov 2018, 06:36

UFO Fever wrote:
UpsideDownChuck wrote:Checking in. Preferences go SJG11>Nook>Para>Kim. Para’s play has been pretty bleh today irrespective of his alignment t. And I think it’s okiah to eliminate him since he’s done some shady stuff and doesn’t seem capable of posting himself clear.

With that said, I think the quiet thread since he got into the lead is an omen that he is sadly most likely town. I’d encourage whomevers around to consider a cod onto sjg11. He’s currently being voted by two townies. One of whom ZZ should be clear is town, and while I’m not nearly clear in the same sense I do seem to be widely (and correctly) town read for what that’s worth.

I’ll be around and would also accept a wagon on nanook. Given how much I’ve posted and how dead the thread is I’m not going to keep posting reasons why you should vote one or the other, but I’ll be arohnd

I didn't say so at the time yesterday because I was driving and eating but this really gave me pause about UDC. In my experience, the middle paragraph is false, usually once scum is cornered it tends to go quiet, and I remember in Hydra sjg and I were pushing that argument as well. Would I have voted UDC today, probably not. But I'd like to think he would have been my day three vote.

Naw, dead air dead townie is a real thing. It’s not 100% obviously, but more often than not dead air at the end of a day is cause town is going down (or, sometimes, if scum is bussing).
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Ugluk » 12 Nov 2018, 08:02

UpsideDownChuck wrote:UDC

I think it's fair to call this game, victory for town, loss for nerd and mafia.

Notes:
My intent for today was to kill sjg11, who seemed just as guilty as Parabellum of dodging the game. I was pretty certain that he or Nanook were the mafia. But if it came down to UDC, Kim, and me, there's no way I was voting Kim. UDC's harping on the neg regarding his mechanics and fluff was in my back pocket. I had nothing to gain, and much to lose, with buddying up to Kim over it. My honest opinion was that it was -just enough- effort to be town. And that was the problem. It felt designed and flat.

I feel that an earnest (veteran) townie will hit every player from any angle he can find, and when he's under scrutiny, he'll address it as appropriate, but not let it break his stride.

Nanook became so obsessed with defending his aloofness that every post looked scummy to me, even while I could see my younger, more novice self in them. My taking a political jab at him was still out of line. I apologise.

Thankfully Parabellum made that fateful post. I don't know what he was thinking, but I hope he examines it until he understands the magnitude of that fumble.

I can't really opine on the game of the Town 3, other than it feels like once they had their untouchable status settled, they rested in it. Perhaps I am being unfair, and there was more digging going on, but that seems like the perfect pulpit from which to rain down accusations and demand some answers. I didn't see Parabellum or SJG getting flack for their sporadic posting. I didn't face a ton of scrutiny. My post of the pre-game prepared proposal was taken at face value by ZZ and others. Nobody called me out for parroting a likely plan to get some "great minds, eh?" brownie points.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads