Look at the Animals Mafia: Game Over, Scum Win

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Look at the Animals Mafia: Game Over, Scum Win

Postby Nanook » 19 Sep 2018, 05:02

Game setup:

The Kangaroo
You’re the Kangaroo! Once a night, you must pick somebody to put in your pouch, and somebody to punch. If you pick a player that *isn’t* Goddamn Steve Irwin, you’ll steal their power by putting it in your pouch, and use it on the player you punch. You won’t know what the power does until the start of the following day. If you target GSI, he’ll soothe you with his witchy ways and put you to sleep, removing you from the game.

Goddamn Steve Irwin
You’re the man! Why are you the man? Cause you’re Goddamn Steve Irwin, that’s why! You’re immune to every animal’s abilities except the Sting Ray of Doom, who can kill you. Sad face. You don’t count towards either sides win condition.

The Sting Ray of Doom
You’re The Sting Ray of Doom! Your ability only works against Goddamn Steve Irwin. If you target GSI at night, you’ll kill him. If you target anyone else, they’ll feel a light brush against their cossacks and nothing else will happen. You must target somebody each night, and you cannot target the same person multiple nights.

The Thlithery Thnake
[if town] You’re a thlithery little thnake. Every night you bite one person, poisoning them and resulting in their death at the end of the following day. GSI and The Mongoose are also immune to this ability.

[if scum]: something different

The Mongoose
You’re The Mongoose! If you successfully target The Thlithery Thnake at night, you’ll kill him. Just cause. In addition, any ability the Thlithery Thnake possesses is useless against you.

The Badger
You’re so freaking stubborn that you just refuse to die. If you’re lynched, your thick neck will let you survive an extra day (note that this only applies the first time you are lynched). If someone tries to kill you at night, you’ll grow an extra head and devour their souls! (Just kidding—if someone tries to kill you at night, they’ll catch you by surprise while you nap and you’ll be killed.)

Important Information
Steve Irwin does not count towards either sides win condition, but he will have a side he wins with. Every role has been randomly aligned, meaning any role can be scum. In addition, GSI has had his alignment randomized. Player with the most votes at the end of the day dies. Scum win at parity (not including GSI). Town wins if the scum are dead (not including GSI if he's town aligned).

Game map:
Start of D1
End of D1 (no successful lynch)
Start of D2 (ZZ dead at night)
End of D2 (sjg lynched—town aligned GSI)
Start of D3 (no night deaths)
End of D3 and game (dwilts is lynched--town Thnake). Scum wins with NK of Telleo (town Kangaroo).

Roster:
UFO Fever bkbkbk
Sjg11
Dwiltse1114
Zoomzip
Telleo
Keirador

Reserve: bkbkbk
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Look at the Animals Mafia: Day 1

Postby Nanook » 19 Sep 2018, 05:03

Kangaroo were hopping mad at this sort of talk; She thought herself far superior in intelligence to the others; She was their leader, their gu-ru.

The day dawns on the forest/meadow/ocean/australian outback. There are six of you alive. Who will survive, who will be eaten by rabid hyenas? Only time will tell!

Day one will end at 7am EDT/12pm BST, September 21.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Zoomzip » 19 Sep 2018, 05:16

Hey all—

Just got my role PM. I’m town. Been thinking about reveals (specifically pre game about GSI) revealing, decided that if GSI wins with town then its town positive to have it stay hidden.

If GSI reveals, it should be a late under pressure reveal with enough time to counter claim. Town should not vote a GSI, I think.

Um... ratios.

So 5:0:1 is silly
4:1:1 is possible.
3:2:1 feels punitive as one bad vote = game over.

So... 1 player picked as scum, and a GSI that could win with scum. Whew. Ok then.

Baseline feel is that full infosec is the right way. At least, pregame those were my feelings.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 19 Sep 2018, 05:27

So Yolo I'm here I'm town its a little lAte here currently so I'm not going to deep at all righr now (plus nothing to really to go deep on)...

Not gonna lie I didn't give the game to much thought pregame primarily cuz the last couple weeks have been a little hectic for me...

Out of the ratios (primarily the ones as named) I feel 4:1:1 is the most obvious and even with a Steve scum side that still gives us 2 lynch 1 of them being able to be a mislynch assuming everything at night goes ok... That said there are a bunch of variables clearly...

However seeing as the roles themselves arnt necessarily alignment indicative I'm just gonna mark I'm very much pro reveal that way at least we know and can discuss what people will be doing and targeting with their night abilities which will also be an aid in catching scum... Probably...
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Dwiltse1114

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby UFO Fever » 19 Sep 2018, 05:31

Actually I feel like a GSI reveal helps town if he is town alligned. GSI can only be killed by Stingray or Kangaroo using Stingray's power. So a town stingray could just purposely avoid targeting GSI for the full game, and if a scum Kangaroo really wanted to kill GSI they'd still have to guess correctly about which of us is the stingray. And GSI doesn't technically count as a townie, so his death by NK doesn't help scum.

I guess the drawback to a GSI reveal is that scum knows who to avoid targeting with the NK, so I guess we have to determine what's more valuable: scum not having a wasted NK or town getting a revealed GSI's vote info.

Do we know if a scum alligned GSI knows who is scum?
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Zoomzip » 19 Sep 2018, 05:42

UFO is town

Reveals are bad. Because scum do not I believe have a guaranteed kill u less their animal can kill. GSI revealing means, for instance, if scum snake can kill then scum snake knows not to target GSI. Similarly scum kangaroo knows not to try and get a killing power by targeting GSI.

The down side is a town snake. That sucks. So... should a town snake reveal? Probably not. Unless we wanted a NL+big type thing. Which I don’t think we need to do. Can we NL? Maybe. File on my list of Qs to give nook once I’m not on a phone.

Zoomzip

Postby Zoomzip » 19 Sep 2018, 05:44

Ok. Thinking it through. Not admitting to what my role is or is not. GSI revealing does offer mitigation for town snake. Hmmmmm. UFO has a point there. Seems like snake does not have to change target. Hmmmmn.

Zoomzip

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 19 Sep 2018, 06:06

On the snake portion that eouldnt necessarily be true in the instance the snake was scum the snakes ability would be "something different" says it right under the snakes ability definition
Dwiltse1114

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 19 Sep 2018, 06:07

Which also btw would be the only role with potentially different abilities based on the role descriptions...
Dwiltse1114

Postby Zoomzip » 19 Sep 2018, 06:32

Ok. Good point. Snake could have a sc M redirect or something. But even then, with full disclosure, it might work. Coming around to full reveal but if and only if we get a full set of night orders in advance of reveals.

Something like:

Goose and Snake target GSI
Roo puches goose and punches GSI
Ray stings goose
Badger and GSI do nothing.

That seems like a start. Hack at it. Figure out what the dipoles mean if someone dies. Maybe there’s better.

Gonna go to bed now.

Zoomzip

Next

Return to Game Threads