Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:18

I fear our chance of convincing Stallion of anything is gone, since he's at dinner.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:20

Really if he's town and UA/NP is the scum pair, the second they saw that he was at dinner the rest of the phase, they knew they had won. They don't have to work for it anymore. Sorry if I was only able to post right after Stallion checked out.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby NewPhoneWhoDis » 03 Sep 2018, 02:21

I attempted to engage you regarding your behavior towards sjaggro. I laid out my case as clearly as I could manage and prompted you multiple times for a response. You focused in on justy's retraction of one of his lines of reasoning and then raged out for the rest of the day.

I was entirely prepared to change my mind after laying out my case on you. I wanted to gain a better understanding of your thought process so that I could either get more of a town read on you or get more of a scum read on you. I tried to give you sufficient time to respond before jumping to the conclusion that I was moving towards (i.e. that you're scum). You didn't engage.

Ranting on about how dumb/scum I am because of this doesn't really help in any way. If you're a townie, you need to engage me directly and demonstrate that you thought process was sincere. I gave you the benefit of the doubt earlier on in the game. I thought, "pfft, there's no way that it's THAT simple. A few things here are working in his favor. Let's find someone else." However, your behavior is beyond my threshold for scumminess. Even if I'm wrong, it is an entirely valid vote based on the evidence I have pointed out.

For the record, I don't find your behavior post-bandwagon to be personally offensive. I understand why you would be frustrated either way, and I will not hold a grudge outside of the game. I like you.

PPE:
If the bolded is true that means you are admitting to being scum, because you'd KNOW I'm town so that would leave a you/sjg scumteam. Either that, or you're wrong. There are no other alternatives.

Uh, no? I'm not working with the assumption that you are town here because I do not know your alignment. I am saying that based on the information I have available to me, it is entirely possible that the two other people voting for you (Stallion and UAcro) are town. There is nothing inconsistent here.

MoUFOsMoProblems wrote:
NewPhoneWhoDis wrote:https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=58420&start=1050#p960604

I would appreciate a response, UFO.


Tell me who my partner is and why.

I already laid that out at length. In fact, it has been sitting in this thread for quite awhile. You didn't engage it. You just followed my link, cherrypicked one thing and completely misconstrued what I was saying. So you've seen the post, but you haven't engaged it. I'm not wasting my time rehashing it when you have actively avoided responding to it up to this point.

I'm trying to maintain composure and remain engaged, but I might end up stepping away. My normal disposition is to avoid this sort of heated conflict (I know, odd for someone who plays mafia). As much as I want to ensure I have made the right decision, I can't help but feel a bit uncomfortable about how tense things are. Sorry, it's just sort of how I am.
User avatar
NewPhoneWhoDis
 
Posts: 116
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 07:49

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:23

NewPhoneWhoDis wrote:I attempted to engage you regarding your behavior towards sjaggro. I laid out my case as clearly as I could manage and prompted you multiple times for a response. You focused in on justy's retraction of one of his lines of reasoning and then raged out for the rest of the day.

I was entirely prepared to change my mind after laying out my case on you. I wanted to gain a better understanding of your thought process so that I could either get more of a town read on you or get more of a scum read on you. I tried to give you sufficient time to respond before jumping to the conclusion that I was moving towards (i.e. that you're scum). You didn't engage.

Ranting on about how dumb/scum I am because of this doesn't really help in any way. If you're a townie, you need to engage me directly and demonstrate that you thought process was sincere. I gave you the benefit of the doubt earlier on in the game. I thought, "pfft, there's no way that it's THAT simple. A few things here are working in his favor. Let's find someone else." However, your behavior is beyond my threshold for scumminess. Even if I'm wrong, it is an entirely valid vote based on the evidence I have pointed out.

For the record, I don't find your behavior post-bandwagon to be personally offensive. I understand why you would be frustrated either way, and I will not hold a grudge outside of the game. I like you.

PPE:
If the bolded is true that means you are admitting to being scum, because you'd KNOW I'm town so that would leave a you/sjg scumteam. Either that, or you're wrong. There are no other alternatives.

Uh, no? I'm not working with the assumption that you are town here because I do not know your alignment. I am saying that based on the information I have available to me, it is entirely possible that the two other people voting for you (Stallion and UAcro) are town. There is nothing inconsistent here.

MoUFOsMoProblems wrote:
NewPhoneWhoDis wrote:https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=58420&start=1050#p960604

I would appreciate a response, UFO.


Tell me who my partner is and why.

I already laid that out at length. In fact, it has been sitting in this thread for quite awhile. You didn't engage it. You just followed my link, cherrypicked one thing and completely misconstrued what I was saying. So you've seen the post, but you haven't engaged it. I'm not wasting my time rehashing it when you have actively avoided responding to it up to this point.

I'm trying to maintain composure and remain engaged, but I might end up stepping away. My normal disposition is to avoid this sort of heated conflict (I know, odd for someone who plays mafia). As much as I want to ensure I have made the right decision, I can't help but feel a bit uncomfortable about how tense things are. Sorry, it's just sort of how I am.


Yeah I'm not arguing with scum over why I'm not scum. Fatmo can if he wants. This is pointless.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:25

It makes no sense for me to be SJG's partner. Why would I have voted him multiple times day 1, especially towards the EOD vote when ZZ was clearly coming around to an SJG lynch. Scum UFO doesn't do that.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby NewPhoneWhoDis » 03 Sep 2018, 02:25

No, this isn't Fatmo's responsibility. It's yours. Your behavior is what has struck me as scummy. You answer or you die.

PPE: what is distancing?
User avatar
NewPhoneWhoDis
 
Posts: 116
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 07:49

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:27

I really don't know what else to say. Seems that NewPhone is ditching as well. I feel kinda bad for them if they are actually town, because they are going to be kicking themselves in half an hour. Lol no one left to try to reason with. Everyone is checking out. Seems pretty much done.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:28

MoUFOsMoProblems wrote:It makes no sense for me to be SJG's partner. Why would I have voted him multiple times day 1, especially towards the EOD vote when ZZ was clearly coming around to an SJG lynch. Scum UFO doesn't do that.


I've already laid out how stupid it would be for me to be teamed with UA, and for me to be teamed with Stallion makes no sense either, for the same reasons. Obviously you and I aren't scum partners. The ONLY WAY I CAN BE SCUM IS IF I'M PARTNERED WITH SJG/TELLEO. SJG on the other hand could be partnered with more than just me.

IF YOU ARE TOWN AND THINK I'M SCUM, IT MAKES INFINITELY MORE SENSE TO VOTE SJG THAN MYSELF.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:29

NewPhoneWhoDis wrote:No, this isn't Fatmo's responsibility. It's yours. Your behavior is what has struck me as scummy. You answer or you die.

PPE: what is distancing?


The whole town universally reading Fatmo as town yet still voting for us is a complete insult to Fatmo as a player.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby MoUFOsMoProblems » 03 Sep 2018, 02:44

Lol they will see soon enough that their reads on me were right. Only 17 minutes.
User avatar
MoUFOsMoProblems
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Aug 2018, 08:26

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests