Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby mhsmith0 » 26 Aug 2018, 09:03

Welcome to Hydra Nightmares Mafia, where the ratio of players to sense may well be even higher than usual :P

something something flavor goes here theoretically :P
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Hydra Nightmares Mafia

Postby mhsmith0 » 26 Aug 2018, 09:10

THE RULES

shadowface wrote:Sure. Obviously you can change any of this if you want, but this is what I wrote for the rules:

General Rules:
- Condude's Generic Mafia Etiquette applies for the rules we all should know: https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/vie ... 89#p945395
- There will be 2 factions, the Vicious Hydra Beasts and the Misunderstood Hydra Fledglings. The ratio of these factions will be announced at the start of the game, but depend on the final number of hydras participating.
-The Vicious Hydra Beasts win when they equal or outnumber the Misunderstood Hydra Fledglings. The Misunderstood Hydra Fledglings win when they have eliminated all of the Vicious Hydra Beasts.
- Each day there will be a regular lynch vote, with each hydra getting one vote. The hydra with the most votes will be lynched. Should there be a tie, one of the tied hydras will randomly be lynched. No lynch is allowed should 'No lynch' receive the most votes. End Day is allowed should every hydra in the game cast a vote in huge and blue for 'End Day' - once unanimously voted for, the day will end regardless of GM availability.
-72 hour days, 48 hour nights.
-The Vicious Hydra Beasts may communicate during night phases only. Please CC the GM on all communications between Vicious Hydra Beasts. Each night the Vicious Hydra Beasts will get a nightkill,

Hydra Rules:
- Members of a hydra have unlimited private communication with each other at all times.
- If one player of a hydra will be busy or absent for a few RL days, that shouldn't require a substitution, as the other head can remain active.
- Do not post anywhere other than the game thread with the hydra accounts, and especially don't go near the diplomacy games on the site! Doing so will not only result in a modkill of the hydra, but is also a crappy thing to do. Let's not make the site moderators regret letting me make a bunch of accounts for this game.

Very very generic playdip game except for the fact everyone's a hydra.

All of the above rules apply (other than what I crossed out). In addition:

Discussing timestamps of host communications (including and especially the time stamp of your role PM) is considered to be quoting host communications and is cheating. Don't do it.

Under normal conditions (i.e. unless I announce otherwise), the day will end at EXACTLY the time posted by the GM in the count-down. Votes after that time WILL NOT be counted. You MAY, however, continue posting until I announce that the thread is closed.

In addition, players may elect to end the day early by voting, in large or huge blue font, “END DAY” (or similar). Players may undo this vote by voting, in large or huge blue font, “KEEP PLAYING” (or similar). When a majority of players who are alive in at least one gamevote for this, the day will end and votes will no longer be counted. The exception is that the day must last at least 24 hours. If players majority vote for “END DAY” at any point before the day reaches 24 hours, then the day will end at EXACTLY 24 hours from the day opening post.

I'm setting up a scum team quicktopic. Scum team is encouraged to use that instead of spamming my inbox. Individual hydras are also encouraged to use quicktopic, discord servers or some other form of communication that doesn't spam my inbox, though this is a preference not a rule.

I reserve the right to revise the rule set at my discretion. Rule changes will be announced.

Announced rule changes

1) “in at least one game” note removed, that was a holdover from triple mafia and lolsmithlazy for missing that :P
2) You cannot copy/paste from hydra topic into game topic.
3) You are expected to post as your hydra account in the game topic. Occasional errors won't be punished, but please don't push it.
4) I consider the players in the game to be the hydra accounts as opposed to the individual heads. Mass communications, role PMs, etc are all delivered to hydra accounts as opposed to individual heads. Responsibility for managing account access, communications between heads, etc lies with the individual heads. My apologies for any issues arising out of this not being clear in the pregame rules.
Last edited by mhsmith0 on 31 Aug 2018, 03:33, edited 4 times in total.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Postby mhsmith0 » 26 Aug 2018, 09:14

Player List:

Unpronounceable Acronym (shadowface + nanooktheeskimo)
Zoomador (Zoomzip + Keirador)
Toplessdwiltsbee (sinnybee + dwiltse1114)
sjaggressive11 (sjg11 + Telleo)
kimbyrshirt (kimbyrle + shirt)
StallionHeadHydra (Damon Huntington + D.Redfield)
MoUFOsMoProblems (UFO Fever + Fatmo)
NewPhoneWhoDis (Firestorm + justy + RedSun?)

I'll throw the ISO links together sometime before day 1 dawns.

Your fearless leader
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=mhsmith0

The players
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=Unpronounceable%20Acronym
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=Zoomador
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=Toplessdwiltsbee
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=sjaggressive11
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=kimbyrshirt
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=StallionHeadHydra
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=MoUFOsMoProblems
search.php?f=306&t=58420&author=NewPhoneWhoDis
Last edited by mhsmith0 on 27 Aug 2018, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
mhsmith0

Postby mhsmith0 » 26 Aug 2018, 09:26

Setup

This is an OPEN setup, 6/2 mountainous (I'm just running it, I didn't balance it :P )

Townies will get the following role PM:
Welcome to Hydra Nightmares Mafia! You are TOWN! You win when the mafia has been eliminated. Good luck!

Mafia will get the following (unredacted) role PMs:
Welcome to Hydra Nightmares Mafia! You are MAFIA! You win when you have reached parity with the town or nothing can prevent this from happening. Your quicktopic link is (REDACTED). Good luck!

After I send out role PMs, the game will start at 6 PM Pacific Time on 8/27 or after all players confirm their role PMs via their hydra account, whichever happens LATER (the reason for this is that it is unfair to start the game if there are any account difficulties).
mhsmith0

Postby mhsmith0 » 26 Aug 2018, 09:27

Role PMs are out. No posting in this topic or in the signup topic. Please confirm your role PM, and I will hopefully be able to announce daystart at the intended time. Good luck everyone!
mhsmith0

Postby mhsmith0 » 27 Aug 2018, 04:37

Bit of a delay. I’m hoping we can start day 1 tonight but we’ll see.
mhsmith0

Postby mhsmith0 » 27 Aug 2018, 06:24

OK all hydras have responded with at least one head, so accounts are able to post and play. Please note that it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that all heads are aware of their role PMs and (where relevant) teammates.

Day one deadline will be 6 PM Pacific time on 8/29. Good luck everyone!

(this means you can start posting now :) )
mhsmith0

Postby Toplessdwiltsbee » 27 Aug 2018, 06:30

not a lot of time cuz I gotta go to bed for work tomorrow... however I would like to say lets have fun (no fighting)... and enjoy me and sinny are town (she woulda come out and said it anywho)... but as for that lets have fun at a good old fashioned vanilla mafia game!!!
Toplessdwiltsbee

Postby Unpronounceable Acronym » 27 Aug 2018, 06:37

Didn’t think this was gonna start before tomorrow, but here we are!

Fight, fight, fight!
WeEitherLookScummyOrWeAreScumSoJustGetItOverWithAlready
Unpronounceable Acronym

Postby Unpronounceable Acronym » 27 Aug 2018, 06:41

Unpronounceable Acronym wrote:Didn’t think this was gonna start before tomorrow, but here we are!

Fight, fight, fight!

I can't believe this bastard beat me to the thread.

Unpronounceable Acronym
WeEitherLookScummyOrWeAreScumSoJustGetItOverWithAlready
Unpronounceable Acronym

Next

Return to Game Threads