Fable Mafia 11: The Zeppo Day 6

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Fable Mafia 11: The Zeppo Day 6

Postby sjg11 » 25 Jul 2018, 22:00

There's flash of light and you suddenly arrive back in the Vigil's waiting room.

"3-0 to the Good Guys. At this rate, you're gonna rescue sjg sooner rather than later! Still 10 more rounds to go though... I get the feeling that this one's gonna go right down to the wire still!"

There's a noise and suddenly various pizzas appear on the table behind the Vigil. The pizza's are... decent but nothing special. A pleasant surprise but not something you're going to write home about. The definition of mediocrity.

The Vigil then, in his drab voice, calls you to him.

"Ok, now it's time for another challenge. I have a feeling that this one's going to really test you guys! Good luck, and be careful! There's a lot you're gonna need to be dealing with for this one..."

Suddenly there's another flash of light and you materialise... in the centre of Sunnydale again.

"Welcome back! Now, here's the situation. This town, as you know, sits over a Hellmouth, it is a centre of mystical energy. If the Hellmouth is opened... well then it leads to hell on earth. If the Hellmouth remains closed... things survive but remain wacky. Right now, a group known as the Sisterhood of Jhai intend to open the Hellmouth and unleash chaos. But they're not the only fly in this particular ointment. There is also a group of the undead wandering around, looking to set off a bomb somewhere in Sunnydale. Now, these guys don't necessarily want the apocalypse to come... but they intend to do a lot of damage. Some of you are going to want to stop them. Some of you will want to bring about death and destruction to the glorious town of Sunnydale. Good luck!"

Rules:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mmMTjEls8SYC2pFY7zvI7M-CekVgm6Po_uz0ZajPeus/edit?usp=sharing

Countdown Clock:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180820T19&p0=2434&msg=Fable+11-+Day+Six+End&font=cursive&csz=1

Game Map
End of Day One/Start of Day Two
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=58249&p=956876#p956875

End of Day Two/Start of Day Three
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=58249&p=957595#p957595

End of Day Three/Start of Day Four
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=58249&p=958001#p958001

End of Day Four/Start of Day Five
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=58249&start=1360#p958318

End of Day Five/Start of Day Six
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=58249&start=1430#p958675

Roster:
1. Nanook
2. UpsideDownChuck
3. Kim/Firestorm94
4. UFO Fever
5. Telleo
6. Keirador (Depending on timings)
7. condude1/sinnybee
8. RedSun (Depending on timings)
9. Stupidface
10. Dwiltse
11. Conq
12. AKFD/Willie23

Just note this one amendment to the rules which was made recently concerning the Mafia night kill and when a unanimous decision is not needed for a night kill. This is rule number 2.15 for reference.

#COYS
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable Mafia 11: The Zeppo Night 0

Postby sjg11 » 25 Jul 2018, 22:01

Day One will begin on Thursday 26th July 2018 at 21:00 PM GMT.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 26 Jul 2018, 22:36

You are all teleported outside Sunnydale High School.

The Vigil pops up in front of you, "Hello all, currently interesting events are occurring here tonight. The Hellmouth underneath the school is scheduled to er... potentially open fairly soon if the Sisterhood wins. Oh, and it's possible a bomb may go off under the school as well tonight. So... good luck guys. Do me proud."

The doors to Sunnydale High School swing open and you wander inside. They immediately swing shut again. You wander towards the library where you settle down and begin to communicate about how you are going to root out the Sisterhood and deal with this Zombie problem.

Day One will end at 21:30 PM GMT on 29th July 2018.

Here is a sample vanilla town role PM by the way:
You are NAME. You are a Citizen of Sunnydale and a Not Zombie. You win when all of the Sisterhood have been eliminated. To achieve a complete victory you must also eliminate the Bomber Zombie.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Nanook » 26 Jul 2018, 22:48

Hola perples. Super busy today and tomorrow, but will play as I can.

Also: Dwilts
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 26 Jul 2018, 22:52

Hey! A few questions to kick things off:

1. Should we completely ignore the zombies for now? Considering that there's no link between zombification status and being mafia, I think we should probably deal with the faction that has actual power and is more important to our VC first, and THEN worry about zombies. Also, if we do get a leg up on the mafia, the zombs will probably start trying to kill mafs, rather than townies to achieve their secondary VC. Plus, y'know, a partial win's better than no win. Thoughts?

2.Do we lynch the bomberizer zombie if we get the chance? I'd say, despite my above stance, we should. It's impactful enough to our secondary VCs (half of it is in the bag at that point), that if the Zeppo finds him, we should blow his head off (probably). Plus, there's nothing saying he can't also be sisterhood. It's worth losing a bit of accuracy for him and ONLY him.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby UFO Fever » 26 Jul 2018, 23:11

condude1 wrote:Hey! A few questions to kick things off:

1. Should we completely ignore the zombies for now? Considering that there's no link between zombification status and being mafia, I think we should probably deal with the faction that has actual power and is more important to our VC first, and THEN worry about zombies. Also, if we do get a leg up on the mafia, the zombs will probably start trying to kill mafs, rather than townies to achieve their secondary VC. Plus, y'know, a partial win's better than no win. Thoughts?

2.Do we lynch the bomberizer zombie if we get the chance? I'd say, despite my above stance, we should. It's impactful enough to our secondary VCs (half of it is in the bag at that point), that if the Zeppo finds him, we should blow his head off (probably). Plus, there's nothing saying he can't also be sisterhood. It's worth losing a bit of accuracy for him and ONLY him.

1. We pretty much have to ignore the regular zombies for now. They don't affect the game (as far as I know) and there's no way for us to determine who they are.

2. As for the bomber zombie, I generally agree with you, provided it's either early in the game or we have already lyched a scum or two. Otherwise I don't want to waste a lynch on a town (assuming the bomber zombie ends up being town) especially if we have a better scum read to lynch.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

Postby condude1 » 26 Jul 2018, 23:21

UFO Fever wrote:
condude1 wrote:Hey! A few questions to kick things off:

1. We pretty much have to ignore the regular zombies for now. They don't affect the game (as far as I know) and there's no way for us to determine who they are.

2. As for the bomber zombie, I generally agree with you, provided it's either early in the game or we have already lyched a scum or two. Otherwise I don't want to waste a lynch on a town (assuming the bomber zombie ends up being town) especially if we have a better scum read to lynch.

2. I wouldn't recommend policy lynch, but pretty close. LYLO, obviously no holds barred, lynch your best scumread. But apart from that, I can't think of a case we wouldn't want to just execute Mr. Bomberman.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Re: Fable Mafia 11: The Zeppo Day 1

Postby shadowface » 26 Jul 2018, 23:30

Hi everyone! Have to catch a bus really soon and I've only skimmed the rules. But first

search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=nanooktheeskimo
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=UpsideDownChuck
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=kimbyrle
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=Telleo
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=Keirador
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=condude1
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=shadowface
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=RedSun
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=dwitse1114
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=Conq
search.php?f=306&t=58249&author=AKFD

And I have no idea how to make a link for UFO Fever. Good scum strategy having a name that's two words, UFO. Makes you really annoying to ISO. :roll:

Also I'm town this game... not that anyone is going to believe me but I actually am for once :D
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby Nanook » 26 Jul 2018, 23:34

shadowface wrote:Hi everyone! Have to catch a bus really soon and I've only skimmed the rules. But first

And I have no idea how to make a link for UFO Fever. Good scum strategy having a name that's two words, UFO. Makes you really annoying to ISO. :roll:

Also I'm town this game... not that anyone is going to believe me but I actually am for once :D

I believe you.

% instead of a space, I think.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby UFO Fever » 26 Jul 2018, 23:39

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
shadowface wrote:Hi everyone! Have to catch a bus really soon and I've only skimmed the rules. But first

I believe you.

% instead of a space, I think.

Last time it was just a % and it didn't work. I think it's something weird like 20% instead of the space?
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

Next

Return to Game Threads