Tribal Mafia Thread D3

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Tribal Mafia Thread D3

Postby kimpossible » 29 Jun 2018, 15:38

And if you meant that MY response has been "how dare you"... I don't think it has been? I spent well over a day explaining my thought processes to you as patiently as I know how. I'm at a point of frustration now because you've pretty clearly displayed your own scorn and derision for everyone else's efforts, and I have put in my own effort to explain what I'm thinking and why, and if that isn't good enough then yeah, I'm tired of the game.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 29 Jun 2018, 15:43

kimbyrle wrote:I think Damon is the only one giving you the "HOW DARE YOU" response and that's... that's just Damon, as far as I can tell. Dwiltse's has been more "Maybe but seems less likely and definitely not today," while UFO has gone from "This doesn't seem likely" to "Maybe you're right."

And I bring up the meta defense because you should be the one thinking about it. Damon doesn't know my history. Neither does UFO. And you are in a better position than even Dwiltse to know what my level of acceptable risk tolerance is, and what I would have had to accept as "tolerable risk" at the point in the game when I claimed cop, under the game conditions that I would have.

I'm also legit surprised to hear "other people are putting in the work there" in reference to considering UFO as scum, since your theory of the game lately has seemed to be "nobody is looking at the cases."

You and Damon have both done solid work on UFO. I have doubts about you, but obviously I’m sure Damon is town. If PD flips scum, that brings us to a coin flip in my mind.

And yeah, I get it with the meta thing. The thing is...if I think you’re scum, and I think you might be, I think you’ve played an exceptional game, right? So the question is really whether I think you’re capable of playing an exceptional scum game or not. Your past attempts say probably not. However, your play in live games and our conversations make me think yeah, maybe you are capable of this sort of game. I don’t know for sure if you are or not, but when it comes to someone like yourself that’s smart and talented and driven and highly competitive, I tend to err on the side of believing you’re capable rather than believing you’re not.

Possibly I’m just paranoid that someone must be tricking town for it to be this lackadaisical, and it can’t be Damon so it must be you. I could very well be falling into the trap of thinking that poor town play must be due to good scum play rather than just being poor town play. It’s certainly possible.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Nanook » 29 Jun 2018, 15:46

kimbyrle wrote:And if you meant that MY response has been "how dare you"... I don't think it has been? I spent well over a day explaining my thought processes to you as patiently as I know how. I'm at a point of frustration now because you've pretty clearly displayed your own scorn and derision for everyone else's efforts, and I have put in my own effort to explain what I'm thinking and why, and if that isn't good enough then yeah, I'm tired of the game.

Not everyone individually. Everyone collectively. You, regardless of alignment have played well. Damon has played a decent individual game. Collectively, town has been poor.

I singled you and Damon out for that criticism in part because it doesn’t help someone that’s already half invested in the game to get berated more, but sometimes if they see someone else getting a kick in the ass it can help motivate them to pick it up a notch too.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby UFO Fever » 29 Jun 2018, 16:22

Nanook I don't think town has been lackadaisical today. I think it can more he explained that 2/3 of the group found a lynch candidate within 24 hours.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby UFO Fever » 29 Jun 2018, 16:28

Kim I get why you proposed your give me the Idol plan, but you're trying to construe every scenario for how it could end as proof that I must be scum. But the only way I could definitively be scum in this scenario is if I kill Nanook and Damon. Everything else either sets up a town win be me killing the last scum, or a WIFOM with Nanook or Damon trying to determine who the last scum is.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby kimpossible » 29 Jun 2018, 16:41

UFO Fever wrote:Kim I get why you proposed your give me the Idol plan, but you're trying to construe every scenario for how it could end as proof that I must be scum. But the only way I could definitively be scum in this scenario is if I kill Nanook and Damon. Everything else either sets up a town win be me killing the last scum, or a WIFOM with Nanook or Damon trying to determine who the last scum is.

No I didn't. There are two where they are proof: you kill Nook and Damon, or you kill Dwiltse and me.

Read the others. They all say that Nanook or Damon would have only you and one of me or Dwiltse to evaluate on the final day. They are not presented as proof that you are scum.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby RedSun » 29 Jun 2018, 18:07

STOP!

Sorry guys, I completely lost connection yesterday so there was no way I could End Day. I have it as:
PD (4): UFO, Damon, Kim, Dwilt
Kim (1): Nanook
Damon (1): PD

Is that correct?

I'm also going to make night longer to make up for lost time

Can people verify or contest
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby RedSun » 29 Jun 2018, 19:48

I dont have time to post a story right now sorry but I got confirmation and PassionatelyDispassionate was a negatively aligned Guardian
Groups:
RedSun

Postby RedSun » 01 Jul 2018, 01:44

Damon was headed home at night. Suddenly a shadow descended upon him. He turned around and looked face to face with a fellow Guardian. "Boo" the corrupted spirit whispered as he plunged his talons into Damon Huntington who was a positively aligned Guardian
Groups:
RedSun

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 01 Jul 2018, 01:49

RedSun wrote:Damon was headed home at night. Suddenly a shadow descended upon him. He turned around and looked face to face with a fellow Guardian. "Boo" the corrupted spirit whispered as he plunged his talons into Damon Huntington who was a positively aligned Guardian

boo shadow get out of the game your dead lol jk

I didn't get the idol my vote was for ufo to get the idol and to use my power on ufo
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads