Tribal Mafia Thread D3

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Tribal Mafia Thread D3

Postby RedSun » 18 Jun 2018, 00:58

So I'm moving this to pending.
It'll go either before or after Kim's game.
I'm still open to make changes if anyone thinks this is unbalanced but the issues pointed out in the Development Thread have been resolved.
Comment below if interested in playing or reserving or if you have suggestions.

Tribal Mafia

9-10 players

The Tribe is a peaceful community living together for years and their is an idol which they revere that protects them. This idol is protected by Ten Guardians working together to ensure the security of the idol but unfortunately two of the Guardians have become corrupt. The 8 Guardians who remain must work together to capture the two Corrupt Guardians using the powers of the idol.

There is an idol in which each night sent via PM is a vote on who should receive the idol. The idol makes them immune to NKs and activates a special ability each Guardian has to use that night. The idol may not be received by the same player more than once.

If however in the rare circumstance everyone alive has already received the idol it may continue to be used for NK immunity but not for actions. Everyone alive must possess it twice before one may possess it a third time. Everyone alive must possess it a third time before one may possess it a fourth time. Etc.

The Guardian who possessed the idol shall learn of it upon sunrise. They also will learn of what their action resulted in. They are not required to share with the town what happened or even that they possessed the idol however should they desire too they may share it.

There will be a 3p if there are 10 players and will not be if there are 9 players.

Scum win by having more of them then town. 3p has their own defined VC. Town must lynch all scum.

Day Time: 72 hours
Night Time: 24 hours

Everyday there will be 1 and only 1 lynch. In order to be selected for the lynch you must have more votes than any other voted target.

Everyone at night must submit a vote (no self-voting) for who they want the idol to go to along with who they are targeting with the ability should they receive the idol.
Your night actions must be labeled as following: "Tribal Mafia: Night ? Actions"
Any questions may be sent in any form.

Should there be a tie the vote goes to whoever had the idol holder on their side. The votes are held anonymously. If the idol holder did not vote for either member of the tie then the vote is resolved randomly. This is both for the Idol Vote and the Lynch Vote.

There is no End Day and no Speed Deadlines.

Everyone must vote in Large Red Letters. If the voting tabulator doesn't process it then I won't use it. However if it was a legal vote (size 150-200 and the color red) and the Vote Tabulator glitched I'll use it.
I will use the Tabulator to receive the vote. After that there will be a confirmation phase where players may PM me if there are any errors with the Voting Chart in order for corrections. This phase will last 30 minutes and if there weren't any corrections then the error stands.

If the GM must clarify something in the thread he will use This Color. No one besides the GM may use it.

No PMs outside of the game between other players about the game unless your role specifies you may.
You may not copy the GM's PMs.
Editing posts result in a removal from the game.
GMs word is final.
Use common sense.

Interested Players:
1. Nanooktheeskimo Killed N1
1. Nanooktheeskimo Revived N2
2. sjg11 Lynched D2
3. Vulcanlogician Lynched D1
4. PassionatelyDispassionate Lynched D3
5. UFO Fever
6. Kimbyrle
7. Damon Huntington
8. Willie23 Replaced D2
8. Shadowface Killed N2
9. Dwiltse1114

Reserves:
Last edited by RedSun on 29 Jun 2018, 23:32, edited 13 times in total.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Tribal Mafia Thread D1

Postby RedSun » 18 Jun 2018, 01:19

INITIAL ROLL PMS

Hello!

You are a positively aligned Guardian.

Your idol ability when activated is:

TEXT HERE

or

Hello!

You are a negatively aligned Guardian.

Your idol ability when activated is:

TEXT HERE
Last edited by RedSun on 25 Jun 2018, 05:57, edited 2 times in total.
Groups:
RedSun

Postby RedSun » 18 Jun 2018, 01:20

DAY 1 HAS STARTED YOU MAY NOW DISCUSS

If you have questions on your role PM let me know.

Day 1 ends in 72 hours at 7 pm on June 20th (Eastern Time)
Last edited by RedSun on 21 Jun 2018, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Groups:
RedSun

Postby Nanook » 18 Jun 2018, 01:25

SJG11

Calling it now.

I should get the idol tonight. I have a good power.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Damon Huntington » 18 Jun 2018, 01:35

Hold your horses there, Nanook.

Before we discuss powers and idols, it is far too remiss jumping directly into things with absolutely no indication of alignment/skill whatsoever. This is especially problematic when we don't know the abilities that could be given to Mafia upon receiving the idol, and whether there are abilities that are executed in full power if the idol is received on the first turn.

I propose that we let luck identify who the idol should be given to during Night 1. This puts the prospect highly in favour of Town, given the 7-2 split. Even if we decide to mislynch a Townie today, we have a 75% chance of giving the Idol to a Town member.

What I propose is that everyone randomises a name from the list as his or her own "Idol Vote". The name with the greatest number of votes takes the idol.

Upon randomising my result, I (ironically) got sjg11. I urge all the remaining players to do the same.
Damon Huntington

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1341)
Timezone: GMT-3

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jun 2018, 01:36

Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Damon Huntington » 18 Jun 2018, 01:39

Damon Huntington

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1341)
Timezone: GMT-3

Postby Nanook » 18 Jun 2018, 01:40

That’s stupid. If we can’t finf a better option than random by the end of the day, we don’t deserve to win.

I would also advocate for full reveals. Let it all loose.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jun 2018, 01:40

Damon Huntington wrote:Hold your horses there, Nanook.

Before we discuss powers and idols, it is far too remiss jumping directly into things with absolutely no indication of alignment/skill whatsoever. This is especially problematic when we don't know the abilities that could be given to Mafia upon receiving the idol, and whether there are abilities that are executed in full power if the idol is received on the first turn.

I propose that we let luck identify who the idol should be given to during Night 1. This puts the prospect highly in favour of Town, given the 7-2 split. Even if we decide to mislynch a Townie today, we have a 75% chance of giving the Idol to a Town member.

What I propose is that everyone randomises a name from the list as his or her own "Idol Vote". The name with the greatest number of votes takes the idol.

Upon randomising my result, I (ironically) got sjg11. I urge all the remaining players to do the same.

So, you don't think it might be better to try and decide on a collective townread and give the idol to that person? Because this isn't just about powers, it's about immunity. Do we even know for certain that scum have powers beyond the night kill?
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jun 2018, 01:41

kimpossible

Next

Return to Game Threads