Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection (Town win!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection (reserves welcome)

Postby Zoomzip » 08 May 2018, 23:52

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:What potential scum slip by SJG. Although right now I am underwhelmed by your ability to identify a scum slip I mean, did I say I had been chosen or targeted? No. I said I knew I aaant infected yet clearly within a context of I could be chosen and Infected later. So... you know, this better be a better slip than that.

it was what I was referring to I somehow say that sjg wrote it that's my bad

Link?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 08 May 2018, 23:56

Napoleon Hitler wrote:@ dwilt:

My point about Telleo's "mistake" wasn't that she was a dumb scum for it, but in fact the opposite. She made the decision knowing that all experienced players would both quickly see how problematic her vote was, but also that she's too smart of a player to make that mistake as scum. That's why she deliberately chose to do it. So I'm not saying Telleo is a dumb player, I'm saying she's so smart that she made what looks like the dumbest move actually be one of the smartest moves.

As for me just going with the town, that's just not true here. I provided my reasons for why I'm voting Telleo. If you think me going with town makes me scum, then vote me off. If you think me voting with town makes the town worse/less likely to win, then vote for me if you're also town. But if you're going to bitch about me voting with the town but then not do anything about it and put me in an even bigger position to do more damage in the future, then that seems pretty scummy.

im aware but she has played with me before and the game we played in I made it clear that a dumb decision is a scummy decision I never think scum is to dumb (or as you are saying brilliant) to pull off a dumb move especially telleo id be the first one to call that out if I thought that were a chance...
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby UFO Fever » 09 May 2018, 00:00

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
Napoleon Hitler wrote:@ dwilt:

My point about Telleo's "mistake" wasn't that she was a dumb scum for it, but in fact the opposite. She made the decision knowing that all experienced players would both quickly see how problematic her vote was, but also that she's too smart of a player to make that mistake as scum. That's why she deliberately chose to do it. So I'm not saying Telleo is a dumb player, I'm saying she's so smart that she made what looks like the dumbest move actually be one of the smartest moves.

As for me just going with the town, that's just not true here. I provided my reasons for why I'm voting Telleo. If you think me going with town makes me scum, then vote me off. If you think me voting with town makes the town worse/less likely to win, then vote for me if you're also town. But if you're going to bitch about me voting with the town but then not do anything about it and put me in an even bigger position to do more damage in the future, then that seems pretty scummy.

im aware but she has played with me before and the game we played in I made it clear that a dumb decision is a scummy decision I never think scum is to dumb (or as you are saying brilliant) to pull off a dumb move especially telleo id be the first one to call that out if I thought that were a chance...

I still don't get why you're not voting against me though.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 00:16

sjg11 wrote:
Keirador wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:I mean maybe? Like, can we talk about you not switching to EM at the end of day? You were real concerned about the health of the vote, but as EM starts to gain momentum that's when you double down that perhaps your slot needs to be eliminated.

Like, did you town read EM that strongly? I have an issue there. I mean, I get that self-preservation is overrated, but only when there is a comparable town read on the board. I never got the sense you town read EM, you certainly didn;t defend him, and yet as he became plausible you seems to want to throw yourself on the fire. That seems, and I realize that this is ZoomZip who notoriously doesn't self-defend as town saying this, that seem weird dude.

I actually had EM as 50% likely to be scum. Called one scum in EM/RS but not both. Two things concerned me. First, the actual votes against EM, apart from dwilt, were low-conviction and soft. In that environment it seemed like scum had a lot of slack to push the lynch they wanted. Second, if EM was indeed town (which I still figured to be about 50% likely), then it looked to me like we were looking at an auto-loss: with EM's flip not prompting much in the way of re-examination because it was such a low-conviction lynch in the first place, Telleo would continue howling for my blood and I figured I looked super likely to go down next after a townie EM flip. My flip would also push us closer to the edge, but I figured it would both shed more clarity on the game-state and also be far more likely to push the remaining town into a hard re-set. Basically if I were going to be mislynched anyway, I thought it best that that be done while it wasn't the town's last chance.

But would our chances of winning on Day Three be higher or lower than 50/50 in your view after an EM lynch?

If EM flipped town? I was looking at that prospect as basically an auto-loss. So, lower. Perhaps I'm not following you?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby sjg11 » 09 May 2018, 00:33

Keirador wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Keirador wrote:I actually had EM as 50% likely to be scum. Called one scum in EM/RS but not both. Two things concerned me. First, the actual votes against EM, apart from dwilt, were low-conviction and soft. In that environment it seemed like scum had a lot of slack to push the lynch they wanted. Second, if EM was indeed town (which I still figured to be about 50% likely), then it looked to me like we were looking at an auto-loss: with EM's flip not prompting much in the way of re-examination because it was such a low-conviction lynch in the first place, Telleo would continue howling for my blood and I figured I looked super likely to go down next after a townie EM flip. My flip would also push us closer to the edge, but I figured it would both shed more clarity on the game-state and also be far more likely to push the remaining town into a hard re-set. Basically if I were going to be mislynched anyway, I thought it best that that be done while it wasn't the town's last chance.

But would our chances of winning on Day Three be higher or lower than 50/50 in your view after an EM lynch?

If EM flipped town? I was looking at that prospect as basically an auto-loss. So, lower. Perhaps I'm not following you?

No, if you flipped town would the town's chances of winning be better than the 50/50 of taking out EM there and then?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 01:18

So two things on that. First, the 50/50 thing comes from a stated read much earlier in the day that I believed there was scum in EM and Red Sun, but almost certainly not both. Toward EOD, with half-hearted votes against EM piling up, EM looked better to me simply by merit of the case against him looking weak and rushed.

Second, EM flipping scum is also not an equivalent measurement to a win or a loss. It's good and gets us partway there, but town can still lose after EM flipping scum.

Taken together, if I was going to be next on the docket anyway, yeah I think the best outcome for the town is mislynching me while there's a margin of error in which to do so.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Zoomzip » 09 May 2018, 02:24

I hate Telleo not being here. And not even indicating she was Peacing out. I am sad about this.

Zoomzip

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 02:31

90 minutes to deadline.

Telleo (4): Keirador, Napoleon Hitler, sjg11, Zoomzip
sjg11 (1): Dwiltse1114
Not voting (1): Telleo
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 02:35

Zoomzip wrote:I hate Telleo not being here. And not even indicating she was Peacing out. I am sad about this.

Yeah. This isn't normally the time of day she posts, though, so I wasn't really expecting her to come back before deadline, which is why I speculated on that. Might see a burst of activity right before deadline, so I'm trying to keep an eye out for that?
Keirador

Postby Zoomzip » 09 May 2018, 02:39

Keirador wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:I hate Telleo not being here. And not even indicating she was Peacing out. I am sad about this.

Yeah. This isn't normally the time of day she posts, though, so I wasn't really expecting her to come back before deadline, which is why I speculated on that. Might see a burst of activity right before deadline, so I'm trying to keep an eye out for that?

I’m gonna try and monitor as I pack.

Just, if she’s scum I expect her to go down spitting nails. And if town I definitely expect righteous fire, even if misguided. But this is the way the Telleo ends,
This is the way the telleo ends,
This is the way the telleo ends?

Zoomzip

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads