Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection (Town win!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection (reserves welcome)

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 02:42

Eh, she did let the end of Main Event just ride. Granted she was in a very strong position there, but if I'd been more successful in convincing those who were present that Nanook/Telleo should be the wagons for that day, she could have found her team in real trouble, but wouldn't have been present regardless. I think she's a teacher, so if she's busy with students. . . that's it. Mafia doesn't take precedence.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 02:53

I will agree that not even having a vote down seems wildly out of character. Overall though, I have to say that over-worked stressed Telleo actually makes me feel better about my vote here, because it could explain some things I would otherwise have trouble with. Like, not having time to micromanage EM's choice of Infection target, for instance.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Zoomzip » 09 May 2018, 03:02

Keirador wrote:I will agree that not even having a vote down seems wildly out of character. Overall though, I have to say that over-worked stressed Telleo actually makes me feel better about my vote here, because it could explain some things I would otherwise have trouble with. Like, not having time to micromanage EM's choice of Infection target, for instance.

I suppose? But I think that discussion should almost be cursory n0. Like, it shouldn’t take that much time.

Also, I reread EM’s answers to my questions, and he comes out in favor of survival as a trait for infected. Which makes his Nook targeting even weirder. I mean, EM is telling me there “yeah, this occurred to the scum team, but lol”
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 03:09

WIFOM's a hell of a drug?
Keirador

Postby Zoomzip » 09 May 2018, 03:12

Keirador wrote:WIFOM's a hell of a drug?

Yeah. Somewhere there is a mini Ugluk on my shoulder singing “wifom the night away, wifom the night away...”

Not sure if he’s angel or devil side.

Zoomzip

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 03:22

Like, given EM is demonstrating he personally understands the strategy, and chose Nanook anyway, does condude even make better sense there? This is obviously something that's occurred to them. Condude does chaotic things not because he's dumb (I hear he just got some great grades ;) ), it's because he often thinks a given gambit has a payoff for his VC. He's often wrong, but it's not really just random. And he's also well aware of his reputation for off-the-wall play. The scumchat in Internal Affairs has him explicitly avoiding doing something bold and unusual because he was concerned that players would cotton on that of all the players in the game, only condude himself might be so wacky as to attempt the play in question.

So. . . if Nanook wasn't a random choice, maybe in the scumteam's estimation Nanook's survivability was better than our estimation? It's not as if he's always a D1 mislynch.
Keirador

Postby Zoomzip » 09 May 2018, 03:31

I mean, my vote is where it is because I kinda have adapted your theory of nook-Telleo was faked to just “Telleo faked it” so that she could control
Momentum on him. So that kinda makes sense if Telleo was basically babysitting nook?

Zoomzip

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 03:54

Well that was weird.
Keirador

Postby kimpossible » 09 May 2018, 03:54

All: Not sure what just happened, but the thread seems to have been locked for about 20 minutes. Accordingly, the day is extended until 10:30 EDT.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 03:55

Zoomzip wrote:I mean, my vote is where it is because I kinda have adapted your theory of nook-Telleo was faked to just “Telleo faked it” so that she could control
Momentum on him. So that kinda makes sense if Telleo was basically babysitting nook?

Huh. And here I was convinced you saw no merit in any of my theories whatsoever, and I'd simply got lucky (again). ;)
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads