Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection (Town win!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection (reserves welcome)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 08 May 2018, 22:02

Napoleon Hitler wrote:Now for the part that I'm way more likely to be wrong on, why I'm leaning toward Tellio on being scum.

Look at the votes for each day. Assume I'm correct on Keir being town, and both scum see that both main lynch candidates are town, and they decide to split their votes on the lynch because it really doesn't matter which of the two dies. The next day EM gets targeted. Tellio is able to avoid voting for EM but also not come off as suspicious by instead voting for Keir and claiming a self preservation vote. Tell is the only one to vote opposite EM day 1 to also not vote against him on day 2.

Now I know what you're thinking, "NH, if Tellio and EM were both scum together then why would they be the only ones that vote against Keir Day 2 especially at the end when EM was clearly going to be lynched? Surely only an idiot would do something so obviously suspicious." And to that I say, exactly! It was so dumb it was brilliant, because everyone here is a smart player that would see how obviously paired they were, but they also know that Tellio is a smart player that wouldn't make that mistake. Her fatal flaw was not being clairvoyant enough to know that I, a real idiot at this, would not be able to see the brilliance it in the move and call it out.

2 important caveats for my thought process:
1) Since I have no background knowledge on player tendencies for this game, I am basing the moves scum would make on what I would do if I were them, so that's probably not a great idea by me.

2) I feel waaaaayyyy more comfortable in knowing that Keir is town than accusing Tellio of being scum. Right now I feel like Tellio is simply the least worst option for me to consider voting for.

Now somebody that's smarter than me at this should tell me why I'm definitely wrong about Tellio.

hey NH while I deeply respect the bolded part (I always try to make people see that doing something dumb as scum doesn't indicate towniness if they do something dumb they should be seen as scummy for that) that said telleo is as far as im aware on her scum game not a player that would do something dumb at all shes probably one of the best scum players on this site (if not the best) and she would never do something dumb in order to forward her scum game she would forward her scum game in lies and deceit in a townly manner... (again as far as im aware of her gameplay)
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 08 May 2018, 22:09

sjg11 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:
But—- telleo let EM Run the first minion? Telleo also signed off on Nook as the choice? What was the line Telleo had after.Nkrmal 2– if zoomzip is Alive D3 it’s a towntell on Telleo. And, well, here I am. I thibk Telleo infecta me. And runs me herself, not Via Em. The Em running Nook play feels more RS or Condude1.

SJG— second opinion on the paragraph above?

I'll admit I hadn't really considered the infection target in a lot of detail... honestly I've never really had the opportunity to work closely with scum Telleo before so I'm not sure I know how her decision making would work for NKs particularly well.

Definitely some validity there though. Picking nook is a bit of a left-field choice. But then again EM has never played with nook before. So the choice likely came from EM's partner. Like you say, it definitely fits a condude move...

@ZZ: Snap.

100% I think scum may have infected me cuz as far as im aware everyone is town reading me and at this point scum wants infected alive
Dwiltse1114

Postby Zoomzip » 08 May 2018, 22:21

That’s not the issue we are discussion dwiltse. The issue is why does a scum team with Telleo in it infect Nook? Although— you are the person who thought scum should infect the easily mislynchable right? So the noook infection would make sense for your team to run...

Hah! Deal with that mudslinging while I go look something up.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 08 May 2018, 22:27

So, the thing is, right now I know I'm not infected.

But.

It does seem like I might have been preserved as an infection target, which I was idling paranoid over D2 (only I was wrong. Nook was infected). And it seems pretty clear to me who my infected buddy will be (assuming they are town) come N4.

wait wait wait hold up view the bolded how would you KNOW your no infected? it states in the rules that the town member being infected or one that has become infected will NOT know weather they are or arnt infected... that shows a scum slip to me right there js...
Dwiltse1114

Postby Zoomzip » 08 May 2018, 22:30

kimbyrle wrote:

And for today, nobody is infected. Yet.

Zoomzip

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 08 May 2018, 22:41

Zoomzip wrote:That’s not the issue we are discussion dwiltse. The issue is why does a scum team with Telleo in it infect Nook? Although— you are the person who thought scum should infect the easily mislynchable right? So the noook infection would make sense for your team to run...

Hah! Deal with that mudslinging while I go look something up.

sorry was trying to catch up and posting as I go... that said I highly highly doubt a player like telleo who is a brilliant scum player from my understanding and generally places her faith in lies and townly deceit to win makes 0 sense for her to encourage or even allow a scum EM to infect nanook

not only that but as it was pointed out telleo was actually pretty decent on a nook lynch and I believe had she continued to go after nook instead of being persuaded to vote elsewhere (like I was mainly voting based on others reads) that again don't make sense as a scum telleo narrative...

a 3rd point towards this is im pretty sure I remember telleo being either the first or second to actually state that scum would most likely pick an experienced player a scummy player I think would wait to see what everyone else thinks on this no?

also we have 4 votes on telleo (NH just going with the group which is irriating to be but w.e.) besides myself and telleo everyone else is good with lynching her which going on the assumption telleo is town scum are perfectly ok with getting out yet another town member and today has been way to complacent on a telleo is scum outlook...

also a last pointer I don't think scum telleo just gives up when people start reading her as scum... from me I could see it but not someone as skilled or experience as scum telleo...

so no I still don't believe (at all) that telleo was scum with EM...

id actually strongly advise a vote on sjg (based on my gut I really wish I had time to go back and make a solid case on him but I don't... and if by some chance yall give me the benefit of the doubt on this one and telleo happens to vote here and sjg is lynched and flips town it shouldn't be a point against telleo but against me instead... refer to my potential "scum slip" point out that sjg made that literally no one else even noticed or bothered to mention...
Dwiltse1114

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 08 May 2018, 22:42

Zoomzip wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:

And for today, nobody is infected. Yet.

yes however based on rules a person has been choosen to become infected already which we also don't know who
Dwiltse1114

Postby Zoomzip » 08 May 2018, 22:46

What potential scum slip by SJG. Although right now I am underwhelmed by your ability to identify a scum slip I mean, did I say I had been chosen or targeted? No. I said I knew I aaant infected yet clearly within a context of I could be chosen and Infected later. So... you know, this better be a better slip than that.

Zoomzip

Postby Zoomzip » 08 May 2018, 23:01

Yo SJG, if I vote you are you going to yell timezone ambush?

Zoomzip

Postby Keirador » 08 May 2018, 23:05

Anything else from me? I'll be in and out before deadline, have some errands but should be generally around.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads