Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game over (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (D4)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 19 Mar 2018, 18:49

kimbyrle wrote:
sjg11 wrote:WE'VE WON!

I'm a Sane Cop and I got a dirty on Chuck last night. Game, set, match.

Okay, I'm just gonna ask the question: does it bother anyone just a little that sjg opened with this when only smith and I were talking results yet? The way it set off alarm bells in my own head when Smith decided to vote me first post without waiting for the rest of it?

I know we're down to a mechanical victory either way, though I'm meticulously recombing the thread juuuuuuuuust to verify. But this pings me. Just a little.

So, if Sjg is town, his IR results are pretty compellingly Sane. He could pretty reasonably assume he'd IRd scum at that point, independent of the remaining IR claims.

Much like if I'd gotten back a Blue check on Smith, indicating I'm Insane, I'd vote Smith at that point.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 18:49

Subject: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (D4)

thewysecat wrote:Internal Affairs 2.0 Rules

Welcome to Internal Affairs 2.0

Basics/Overview

Internal Affairs is the story of the Doobieville police force rocked by the realization that some of their number are dirty when Chief Constable Rolan A Doobie is found murdered. It is clearly an inside job!

There will be 9 Honest Cops who want to clean up Doobieville, and 3 Dirty Cops who want to murder them and skip town.

{Note this larger version is not the original design by Rolan and so it will play very differently with different strategy given the increased duplication of roles.]

For the Dirty Cops - they just have a night kill. They can speak privately via PM during the day and night phase

For the Honest Cops - There are 5 different flavours of Honest Cop.
#1 Sane Cop = results are always correct
#2 Insane Cop = results are always reversed
#3 Paranoid Cop = results are always "Dirty"
#4 Naive Cop = results are always "Honest"
#5 Random Cop = results are always random

Given that there are 9 Honest Cops each flavor will appear twice except one which will be held by only one Honest Cop. This role will be randomly selected from those 5 flavours, putting one single in the game. There could be two Sane Cops, or two Random Cops, or two of any other type (but not three). And only one role will be singular.

Cops are NOT told their own flavour, and that flavor is NOT revealed upon their death.

Role assignment PMs

They will essentially look like this:

Alignment : Honest Cop
Role: Cop

- Each Night, you may investigate one of your colleagues.
- The results you get are the results you get. They come without explanation or guarantee.

Alignment : Dirty Cop
Role: Killer

- Each Night, you and your partner (_______________) can KILL another player of your choosing. Submit this name to me via PM during the Night Phase.
- You may speak privately during the Day and Night Phase.

When will this run?
N0 will begin on Saturday 3 March, 2018

D1 will begin on Monday 5 March, 2018

Statement about the rules
Unless directly specified otherwise as a unique ability of your role all of the following applies to all players

The game will be played in two phases – day and night.

Night Orders
All players will have night orders. They will be executed (if in game) in this sequence:
1. Investigative Phase
2. Kill Phase

I will do my best to prompt night orders, but you will have approximately 24 hours RL from the GM’s end of day message. Prompt or even early (submitted during the game day) orders are much appreciated.

I will try to avoid NMRs so I will not be dick about orders a few minutes late – the first time it happens! Everyone gets one strike. Second strike and it will be tough luck. That said, this grace only applies if I have yet to process the night orders, send out dawn messages or post the GM’s dawn message. If any of those have happened then obviously it is too late.

As long as they are received within the deadline I will accept changed orders – the first set are not necessarily final. That said, keep in mind that I might be trying to run speed deadlines so if I have received all orders you may miss your chance to change your orders even if the 24 hours have not expired….

Death/Internal Affairs (What's the difference? Am I right?)
There are only two ways to die: day lynch; and night kill by the Dirty Cops

In all cases only the faction of any dead player will be revealed upon death, not any role abilities.

Death reveal for day lynches will be posted 'immediately' - i.e. as part of the GM post for the start of the following night phase

I will generally make it a habit to have a brief delay between the final lynch count and posting death reveal. This will allow for players to spot any GM errors in the lynch vote count and warn me...

At dawn any night deaths will be reported and death reveals will be done for them.

Role and Alignment Allocation & other random events
All random events/allocations will be handled using random.org

Any questions or comments please post or PM particularly if you spot oversights, contradictions, ambiguities etc.

There are actually a few thingsin here which might vaguely suggest wolves have some OTHER ability besides the night kill and perpetual chat, except...

1) That's ridiculously lame in general (framer/reverse results/other BS are crappy roles in general)
2) Given how the LAST version went (lolwillage collapsing even with [i think?] mech lock or near lock), I'd be shocked if wyse made it HARDER on town
3)
For the Dirty Cops - they just have a night kill.

Yeah we're done here
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 18:53

End Day

I'm satisfied that it's a legit dipole, with like 95% of the time it being just chuck

If that's wrong, remember not to vote end day tomorrow BEFORE sjg is the inescapable vote leader

But we're probably just heading to AAR (unless wyse doens't take end day votes in which case we're just waiting)
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Postby ExiledAtHome » 19 Mar 2018, 18:59

kimbyrle wrote:Set a designated target for tonight just in case? sjg just across the board? I don't see how investigating anyone else does anything besides possibly catch an errant random.

Sjg is already in a dipole with UDC, so we're voting him unless we find an IR reason not to. And that reason needs to be more than "oh crap, Sjg is actually town as well" because that leaves us guessing on who to actually lynch.

So, I'm actually IRing you. I get Red, and no one else shows up anything compelling, I'm voting Sjg. I get Blue, and I'm voting you.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 19:00

across the board kim checks would probably be optimal I guess. If there's trolling BS going on, that might actually catch it.
mhsmith0

Postby Harb » 19 Mar 2018, 19:01

sjg11 wrote:We could always lynch Harb. That's always fun...

SJG with the long memory back to... Royale With Cheese in 2015 I think?
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 19 Mar 2018, 19:01

End Day
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 19:06

Actually I guess if chuck actually flips town it shoudl be:

everyone who hasn't checked sjg checks sjg
everyone who has (plus sjg) checks kim
mhsmith0

Postby kimpossible » 19 Mar 2018, 19:07

mhsmith0 wrote:across the board kim checks would probably be optimal I guess. If there's trolling BS going on, that might actually catch it.

I... I... I finally get all of your undivided attention?

Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby mhsmith0 » 19 Mar 2018, 19:08

kimbyrle wrote:
mhsmith0 wrote:across the board kim checks would probably be optimal I guess. If there's trolling BS going on, that might actually catch it.

I... I... I finally get all of your undivided attention?

clearly kim has scumslipped that chuck is flipping town :P
mhsmith0

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads