Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (GAME OVER N3)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Day 1)

Postby kimpossible » 13 Feb 2018, 04:32

Telleo wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:
I am super pro card reveals. We should be gaming the match outcomes.

I hate this. I hate this doubly because it's probably right. Info-sec me doesn't want to show my hand (heh heh) but I agree with sjg/nook/kim idea that we want low vote totals, and that gaming the matches seems like a good way to achieve this. I don't really see any way around revealing cards, although I suggest we wait till everyone's in thread, in case there's something not match-related that we might want to keep cards secret for.

Ah, crap. I jumped the gun on this before seeing what you wrote here. I beg forgiveness.

And this all brings me to this:

Sjg11

THIRD PARTY IS NOT TOWN. This is doubly true in Sjg's case, where he doesn't have any interest in helping the town through the first few days only to betray them later. He literally just wants me dead. This is highly damaging to the town's ability to function, not least of which because it means that if I ever become a lynch target (even if we're approaching or at LYLO), I can't be lynched while Sjg is still in the game. He should be removed, ASAP. There's literally no reason to not kill him tonight, unless we get caught scum. Really, even then there's an argument to make that unless/until I'm cleared town, Sjg's a permanent threat to our ability to freely control our lynches.

I really actually hate that I have to vote him so early, because it means I can't make a joke about not voting Sjg because the cop will invariably tell us if he's scum tomorrow morning.

Hang on. Why are you saying you can't be lynched while he's in the game? Sounds like he wants you lynched, so if you ever do become a target, it'll be that much easier. Are you saying he needs to be killed now so that he can't fill his win condition later? I'm lost on your reasoning here.

And this is assuming you're even the person he needs deadified. Which also confuses me: why is he guessing at who his grudge is against? Shouldn't he, like, know his own win condition? This smells funny.

Joe wrote:• I get why you guys want to pre-script the outcomes – hey, maybe you're embracing the flavor more than I thought – but there's really no point in doing it D1, unless someone moves way ahead of the pack in regards to who looks the heel-iest, right? We're all at one vote – allegedly – so we can't fall below, and someone is going to win every match unless we drew a matching token to our opponent. Over half the...uh...town? promotion? league?...has about 24 hours to submit a token, and I doubt we're going to get anywhere before then in regards to how to decide who beats who.

True that it doesn't matter who wins today, however, we still need it planned. Else, we don't know who to challenge during the night. So it's not crucial that we make a plan in the next 24 hours, since we can make a plan that includes those results, but we do need to know what we're doing by the end of the day.

Yes, this. And since I apparently misunderstood ZZ's post earlier and nobody can be booked in a match that someone challenges them to after they've cut their promo, we're going to need to organize around 1) what matches we want on the card, and 2) agreeing on who in each of those matches posts their promo first so the other can accept it.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 13 Feb 2018, 04:38

Dwiltse1114 wrote:EVERYONE

Who does everyone want excluding themselves to be seen as champion? Me personally (even though he apparently wants to throw darts at me) if sad UDC coinciding with my relationship web.

Lacking a good mechanical reason to prefer anyone at the moment, I'm going with the flavorful answer that obviously I want my tag-team partner JoeHoya to get that championship belt. *double fist-bump to Joe*
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby Telleo » 13 Feb 2018, 04:43

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
TELLEO

Why only pick sjg? Why pick him at all when Joe made first claim and sjg last?

I went over why I only picked one in my Promo. I want as many possible loser today, for the highest chance of reducing early extra votes. Your four way plan wouldn’t accommodate that. As to why Sjg over you or Joe... Partly because I’m afraid of scum-Sjg and wanted a piece of him early, partly because flavor-Telleo wants a grudge match.

EVERYONE

Who does everyone want excluding themselves to be seen as champion? Me personally (even though he apparently wants to throw darts at me) if sad UDC coinciding with my relationship web.

[/quote]

Meaningless question. See if you can tell me why.

Also concerning the mater of card reveals I am very much pro and as such have 2 jacks and an 8 at my disposal currently obviously will be using a jack for better odds of winning and if needed can fall a lose next day to bring my vote count back to 1

Ugh. Will there ever be a time someone says “Let’s wait for the town to agree” and then we DONT have people just go off on their own?
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby JoeHoya06 » 13 Feb 2018, 04:52

Telleo wrote:Why is it bad that Sjg reminds everyone that our promos don't HAVE to be flavor-only? It shows that he's not just thinking but that he wants others to think. Also, I fail to see how "There's not traditional NK, but there might be other methods of killing" translates to "there's no reason to ever think the scum might not have a kill."

It's not bad for him to remind everyone; I thought it was...I won't say bad, but, like...kind of a little finger-pointy, maybe, for him to say, "look what these folks did, they aren't as good and townish as I am!"

I also didn't say the last part. I said he seems like he knows something about the belt that someone who doesn't hold it probably shouldn't know, i.e., that it conveys immunity. The rules state that it carries one specific type of protection, not over-arching immunity. His post seems to say that whoever holds the belt is safe. It might be a matter of word choice/interpretation, and DWiltse mentioned another possible interpretation as well, but to me, there's a leap that he made there that one doesn't get simply from what's provided in the rules.

Telleo wrote:There's also nothing in his discussion of the championship that you couldn't know by reading the rules. As champion, I can't be eliminated via injury. The rules straight-up say that. If the scum are forced to attempt to kill people by injuring them, the Championship is immunity to NK's. That's what Sjg was referencing, and it's literally what the Immunity Idols did in those games. How much did you understand about what Sjg was saying before you dropped this vote?

My whole point was that his post read as if it was declaring the champion safe from elimination, as opposed to safe from one specific type of elimination because he called it an "immunity idol." I.e., immunity, as in, can't be killed. Sorry, but I shouldn't be expected to know what was a part of a previous game in order to play this one, so if his whole post hinges on a specific definition of a term as opposed to the actual, real-life definition of the word, then isn't that on him to make sure that's understood?

Telleo wrote:Also, how did you miss the OTHER hidden rules that have become evident since then?

Um, like what? What did I miss? The only "hidden rule" I've seen mentioned is your announcement that there would be no penalties for declining a challenge, even though the written rules say that either a challenge must be modified, or in the case of multiple challenges, the GM will make the booking. Something here is weird to me.

Also of note, RedSun hasn't checked in at all. I know it's only a few hours into D1, but 1) he has to prepare for a match in the next 18 hours, and 2) he didn't post at all overnight. Five hours wouldn't normally be worth noting, but it's been, what, 77 now?
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159

Postby JoeHoya06 » 13 Feb 2018, 04:54

kimbyrle wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:EVERYONE

Lacking a good mechanical reason to prefer anyone at the moment, I'm going with the flavorful answer that obviously I want my tag-team partner JoeHoya to get that championship belt. *double fist-bump to Joe*

::raises glass::

::still has head on a swivel, because wrestling::
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159

Postby kimpossible » 13 Feb 2018, 04:58

JoeHoya06 wrote:Also of note, RedSun hasn't checked in at all. I know it's only a few hours into D1, but 1) he has to prepare for a match in the next 18 hours, and 2) he didn't post at all overnight. Five hours wouldn't normally be worth noting, but it's been, what, 77 now?

Given that he was struggling a little with the wrestling flavor in the signup thread, I'm not concerned at his decision not to cut a promo. Though I'll be encouraging him to do so in the next night phase, once he shows up.

In my prior experience with him he's tended to be a later-at-night (in my timezone) player. I'd say give him at least until 12 hours in before we get our pants bunched up.
kimpossible

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Night 0)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 13 Feb 2018, 05:13

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
UpsideDownChuck wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:just as joehuya monitor over the entrance turns on while all the lights dim (anoyher in the dark venture who would have guessed). All of a sudden dwiltse pops up laughing in hysteria.

Who are you joe to demand a title shot when every wrestler here deserves it in their own right. Myself included. I would come out and smack you silly but I don't wanna get my hands dirty I'd much rather take u out in a more formal setting.

Crowd is cheering
viewforum.php?f=306
Calm down crowd nothing for you worthless snobs to be excited about I also don't wanna smell your stink. Just standing out here I smell garbage.

Croad boos

However I digress as to joe as well as Mr telleo I propose a great match for the fans of mine even tho this city don't deserve it here. I propose a fatal 4 way with the fourth person being picked out by out authority Mr zoomzip. Or the next wrestler who steps up to take the championship.

Crowd excited in anticipation hoping the match goes off

There are other matters in wish I get to but that i will have to get to next week as I gotta run and wash the stink of this city off me. I hope Mr zoom approves of my terms and hope we can get this secret event started with a (pause) bang!!!!

Lights shut off with dwiltses insane laughter meeting everyone and their mother

I liked that dwilt proposed a thing in his first post, and wanted to thinly villa read him for it. I'm a little curious though what he meant by 'secret event' in the bolded portion. Dwilt could you explain what that meant?

Certainly Mr. Udc although its a little bit sad considering it was ment to say *sacred* but unfortunately writing off my phone is slightly irritating as it autocorrect even words that are spelled correctly. As such I do apologize for that.

On a side note as I'm doing all of this off my phone I will be posting with several smaller posts rather then 1 huge one.

Ok that makes sense, I'll move you to slight townlean pile. As for why I'm 'throwing darts', it's early in the game and I have not seen anything that feels strongly indicative. To that end, I'm tugging on a bunch of threads and seeing what comes up.
UpsideDownChuck

Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby asudevil » 13 Feb 2018, 05:26

Im here...Im awesome. Im also going to bed. But tomorrow at work all my students are testing so I can troll most of the day pretty hard.

Also, I don't mind saying cards, but I don't know about others. I mean if people are doing big shots and stuff.

As for the night kill...it almost seems like they can attack/injure you at night...which probably hurts your match...and your voting...and then makes it more dangerous for you to do a big shot.

Whether another attack would eliminate someone at night...I don't know.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 13 Feb 2018, 05:30

EVERYONE

In general I'd give this to my top townread, who atm is you. Since it protects against the NK, if a townread develops for one of the more experienced players who is more likely to be NKed I might throw it over to them. All of this with the obvious preface that at least for now I have no control over any of that.
UpsideDownChuck

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 13 Feb 2018, 05:36

I have a secret thought that I'm keeping secret, and am going to point at this post if it comes up later. Cool? Cool.
UpsideDownChuck

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads