Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (GAME OVER N3)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Day 1)

Postby Nanook » 13 Feb 2018, 00:21

Could see that re: SJG. Could also see scumSJG trying to convince us there isn't a NK. Washes out FMPOV.

Shouldn't be that hard to set up a spreadsheet to make sure we don't eliminate anyone via injury, right? Winners today lose tomorrow, losers today win tomorrow. We just need to make sure that we've got it set in the last 24 hours of the day after the matches are resolved, so that we can organize who challenges whom.

Basically just an every other day set up: one group wins on odds, one wins on evens. The downside is that it could potentially box us in a bit with regard to lynches, but it does keep voting power even or relatively even at least. So I'm not positive if that tradeoff is worth it or not, but my gut says it might be.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 13 Feb 2018, 00:21

And now I'm really off to class. See ya'll later!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby sjg11 » 13 Feb 2018, 00:31

Alright guys:
1. Kim, nanook, you've been talking about my alignment so far and... haven't mentioned the fact that I'm injured currently? Injured as in I'm one step closer to being night-killed here? Surely that's like the most relevant thing to talk about all game so far? Certainly far more interesting than sjg misinterpreting the rules for like the umpteenth time in a game of Mafia?
2. In other news, the Mafia actually picked a bad target. I'm a third-party here. I have a designated player who I need to get lynched here as I have a grudge against them. I think the player I was meant to kill is based on the answers to my questions and it's Telleo. I guess it's my job to hope that Telleo is scum here and hope that I can persuade you guys to lynch her at some point...
3. More later, sjg needs sleep now.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby JoeHoya06 » 13 Feb 2018, 00:36

It's good that we've taken all the fun out of the variant even BEFORE Day 1, so good job, guys!

• This is ZoomZip's game, so I feel like I should throw down a vote in my first D1 post as an homage. It's going to SJG11, for two reasons. One, I did not like the low-key shading of the "note that Kim, Joe, and DWilt used their promos for flavor instead of how I am using it" comment. The flavor is the entire reason I'm playing the game, so yeah, I'm gonna embrace that. That's also a borderline shitty reason for a vote, though, so...

...two, your discussion of the championship is the scummiest thing that happened on N0. The rules even explicitly say that there may be methods of killing players overnight. And your claim that the championship is an immunity idol seems to neglect the fact that there's a lynch vote, and that the paragraph describing it says nothing about the champion not being eligible for a lynch. You seem to know a lot about the championship for someone who doesn't have the belt.

• I'm not entirely sure I buy Telleo's "hidden rule" claim on its surface simply from the standpoint that it seems like the kind of thing there's no need to have a rule for. What "penalty" would there be for not accepting a challenge? What would happen if the challenged player cut their promo first, then received challenges (like when Nanook challenged me)? They couldn't accept ANY of them at that point.

At the same time, it makes even less sense that she would make something like that up, so, I guess it's probably real. Kinda want to vote her anyway for accepting SJG's challenge over mine when I CLEARLY deserve the title shot more than he does. :)

• Along those lines...SJG and Dwilt: why did you challenge Telleo? I know why I did, but I want to know why you did.

• Although, I wish ZZ would have booked the four-way match because it's therefore a given that SJG would have finished fourth. #soccerjoke

• I get why you guys want to pre-script the outcomes – hey, maybe you're embracing the flavor more than I thought – but there's really no point in doing it D1, unless someone moves way ahead of the pack in regards to who looks the heel-iest, right? We're all at one vote – allegedly – so we can't fall below, and someone is going to win every match unless we drew a matching token to our opponent. Over half the...uh...town? promotion? league?...has about 24 hours to submit a token, and I doubt we're going to get anywhere before then in regards to how to decide who beats who.

As a face, my instinct is to play to win today to give myself a voting boost and prevent my opponent of undetermined alignment from getting one. I'M COMIN' FOR YA, CHUCK!

::keeps "foreign object" hidden from view while he waits for someone to explain why he's wrong::
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1094
All-game rating: 1151

Postby sjg11 » 13 Feb 2018, 00:40

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO READ THE POST WHERE I WAS THE NIGHT-KILL TARGET?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby JoeHoya06 » 13 Feb 2018, 00:40

sjg11 wrote:Alright guys:
1. Kim, nanook, you've been talking about my alignment so far and... haven't mentioned the fact that I'm injured currently? Injured as in I'm one step closer to being night-killed here? Surely that's like the most relevant thing to talk about all game so far? Certainly far more interesting than sjg misinterpreting the rules for like the umpteenth time in a game of Mafia?
2. In other news, the Mafia actually picked a bad target. I'm a third-party here. I have a designated player who I need to get lynched here as I have a grudge against them. I think the player I was meant to kill is based on the answers to my questions and it's Telleo. I guess it's my job to hope that Telleo is scum here and hope that I can persuade you guys to lynch her at some point...
3. More later, sjg needs sleep now.

Well, this is interesting!

I didn't make the connection between a pre-match beating leading to an "injury," but it makes sense. I was just thinking of in-match things. I'd be willing to venture a guess that the heels can pick someone to attack overnight, which leaves them injured and probably affects their voting power/their power token value in their match.

(Although it seems SJG already made a similar assumption in his post...SJG, were you notified of your injured status at the start of the day? Or did you find out about it when we did?)

JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Postby kimpossible » 13 Feb 2018, 00:41

sjg11 wrote:Alright guys:

So Lord sjg is the most pressing thing to discuss, but not if we're addressing shade thrown at you during the night phase?

How injured are you? Do you know? I don't even know "how injured" you have to be to be eliminated, the rules seem nonspecific on that point.

For all I know you could be using an ability that lets you fake an injury. That would seem entirely in keeping with the spirit of wrestling.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby JoeHoya06 » 13 Feb 2018, 00:45

Forgot to mention my relationship answers, since it seems like a thing others have done:

• I picked ASU to give me advice because I imagine he's seen some shit, you know?
• Kim went on the record as liking my nickname of "The Vanilla Thrilla," so that's why she's my tag team partner.
• Nanook and I being former partners would explain a lot.

JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Postby kimpossible » 13 Feb 2018, 00:48

JoeHoya06 wrote:• I'm not entirely sure I buy Telleo's "hidden rule" claim on its surface simply from the standpoint that it seems like the kind of thing there's no need to have a rule for. What "penalty" would there be for not accepting a challenge? What would happen if the challenged player cut their promo first, then received challenges (like when Nanook challenged me)? They couldn't accept ANY of them at that point.

ZZ posted earlier that matches are accepted by default if they are not refused.

I also can't seem to find anything suggesting a penalty for refusing matches, but... it seems like a very strange special ability to invent from whole cloth. Maybe someone has their own special that can injure someone who refuses their challenge? This is a crazy game, nothing seems entirely out of the question.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 13 Feb 2018, 02:17

sup goobers
UpsideDownChuck

Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads