Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (GAME OVER N3)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Day 3)

Postby RedSun » 27 Feb 2018, 01:22

Keirador wrote:
JoeHoya06 (5): Keirador, kimbyrle(+1), RedSun, nanooktheeskimo
RedSun (4): Telleo, UpsideDownChuck, JoeHoya06(+1)

It deeply sucks that Tellers' vote is where it is without commentary on Red Sun's reveal. I think on principle I want to be on the other side of it.

Plus it feels right to let it all come down to the wrasslin'.

Has me and Joe's fight happened yet?
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:22

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Keir, I'm kind of struggling to understand your 180 on me here--is it solely because I didn't react to RS' reveal the way you think I should have?* or is it more POE (you buy RS' reveal, Kim is tonally town, therefore it's down to me/Telleo/Joe, although I'm not certain I understand why you flipped your position on me/Joe other than Joe being here today and me not)?

*I would argue that without the knowledge of RS being removed from play tomorrow if his VC is met, it was entirely reasonable to see an essentially last minute 3p claim as quite possibly being a scum low risk high reward play. I see where you're coming from on that, but I don't think it's nearly as indicative either way--as scum, I'm probably agreeing with it and letting it pass, because either Joe is town and I don't care, or Joe is scum and I want credit for helping kill him. But that's easier for me to know how I'd play it than you.

Guessing you haven't read everything I wrote in the last 48 hours. I've been on a Joe lynch since yesterday. I'm simply examining the combinations in hopes of finding whatever seems the most likely. You and Joe could make sense, but it has a lot of holes in it. Joe and Telleo could make sense. And I continually come back to "I don't understand the shit you've done if you're scum."
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:22

RedSun wrote:
Keirador wrote:
JoeHoya06 (5): Keirador, kimbyrle(+1), RedSun, nanooktheeskimo
RedSun (4): Telleo, UpsideDownChuck, JoeHoya06(+1)

It deeply sucks that Tellers' vote is where it is without commentary on Red Sun's reveal. I think on principle I want to be on the other side of it.

Plus it feels right to let it all come down to the wrasslin'.

Has me and Joe's fight happened yet?

Yep. You lost. He has 3 votes now.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:23

kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Keir, I'm kind of struggling to understand your 180 on me here--is it solely because I didn't react to RS' reveal the way you think I should have?* or is it more POE (you buy RS' reveal, Kim is tonally town, therefore it's down to me/Telleo/Joe, although I'm not certain I understand why you flipped your position on me/Joe other than Joe being here today and me not)?

*I would argue that without the knowledge of RS being removed from play tomorrow if his VC is met, it was entirely reasonable to see an essentially last minute 3p claim as quite possibly being a scum low risk high reward play. I see where you're coming from on that, but I don't think it's nearly as indicative either way--as scum, I'm probably agreeing with it and letting it pass, because either Joe is town and I don't care, or Joe is scum and I want credit for helping kill him. But that's easier for me to know how I'd play it than you.

Guessing you haven't read everything I wrote in the last 48 hours. I've been on a Joe lynch since yesterday. I'm simply examining the combinations in hopes of finding whatever seems the most likely. You and Joe could make sense, but it has a lot of holes in it. Joe and Telleo could make sense. And I continually come back to "I don't understand the shit you've done if you're scum."

Shit, you weren't talking to me. I saw "K name" and responded.
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 27 Feb 2018, 01:24

kimbyrle wrote:

I'm guessing you haven't read everything I wrote either ;)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 01:24

kimbyrle wrote:But think about this. If it's Nook we're back to "Why would he reveal these things?" Does a Joe/Telleo team make sense? It could, right? Like, they've avoided each other all game, I think? I'm not in a position to dive back through it now, maybe you have time Keir.

If Red's 3P and I'm reading both you and Nook right for the stuff you've done that makes no sense as scum, then we have our dipole scumteam.

Yeah, maybe also explains Joe's sangfroid in the face of Red Sun revealing in a way that probably kills him. He doesn't see his own survival as that awfully essential to his VC.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:26

Keirador wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:But think about this. If it's Nook we're back to "Why would he reveal these things?" Does a Joe/Telleo team make sense? It could, right? Like, they've avoided each other all game, I think? I'm not in a position to dive back through it now, maybe you have time Keir.

If Red's 3P and I'm reading both you and Nook right for the stuff you've done that makes no sense as scum, then we have our dipole scumteam.

Yeah, maybe also explains Joe's sangfroid in the face of Red Sun revealing in a way that probably kills him. He doesn't see his own survival as that awfully essential to his VC.

kimpossible

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 01:26

It's not Joe being here, it's how he reacted to RS's reveal vs. how you reacted to RS's reveal. But, it's not enough for me to toss my reads from the rest of the game.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:32

Gotta run. Godspeed all.

kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:32

I don't know why my video didn't embed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zGkqAWsWE
kimpossible

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads