Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (GAME OVER N3)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Day 3)

Postby JoeHoya06 » 27 Feb 2018, 00:57

This is my worst nightmare. I have to leave, and don't know if I'll be home in time to do anything more.

Since nobody seems interested in entertaining a lynch on anyone other than me or RedSun at the moment – I don't believe for a second that Keirador will vote Telleo – all I can do is leave my vote on RS and hope he's lying.

Good game, scum, whoever you are. Even if it's not over in an hour, you've done a bang-up job.

PPE: I have three votes, Kim.
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1094
All-game rating: 1151
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 00:58

nanooktheeskimo wrote:https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=57101&start=1080#p937532

Last paragraph: it's only weird if you don't believe 1) that I thought RS had scumslipped (and you of all people should be able to accept this), and 2) you don't believe I was actually at a FtF tournament this week, and thus had no time to devote to making sure my case on joe was rock solid.

Like...as scum, I want to lynch RS over Joe because it's more defensible, and as town I want to lynch RS first because I think I have a scumslip there over the guy I just have a solid case on. I don't really see how your point is AI, unless you're saying I was lying about being at a tournament, which is a really shitty thing to accuse me of if that's the case.

And that may be entirely valid, dude. There's no way I'm pushing a Nook lynch right now anyway, it's a problem for tomorrow if we even have one.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 00:59

kimbyrle wrote:ZZ says it depends on the exact VC, but if it doesn't coincide with game end then they would probably be removed so as to avoid kingmaking; also implies he would remove a 3P whose VC had become impossible to achieve.

OK so, this is reading GM tea leaves, which I hate in theory but can never resist in practice. My PMs to the GMs also had verbiage about "exact VC," which implied that I might mean a third party VC OTHER than the one he put into the game. If he put ONE third-party VC in the game, and Red Sun described what it is accurately, why am I having to clarify precisely what kind of VC I'm asking about? The one in this game. The level of pedantry here is necessary if RedSun is lying, and a mere formality if he's telling the truth.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 00:59

Red Sun
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:00

Keirador wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:ZZ says it depends on the exact VC, but if it doesn't coincide with game end then they would probably be removed so as to avoid kingmaking; also implies he would remove a 3P whose VC had become impossible to achieve.

OK so, this is reading GM tea leaves, which I hate in theory but can never resist in practice. My PMs to the GMs also had verbiage about "exact VC," which implied that I might mean a third party VC OTHER than the one he put into the game. If he put ONE third-party VC in the game, and Red Sun described what it is accurately, why am I having to clarify precisely what kind of VC I'm asking about? The one in this game. The level of pedantry here is necessary if RedSun is lying, and a mere formality if he's telling the truth.

This means nothing for me. ZZ has been super careful all game not to reveal anything I can use to try to catch a goddamn scum.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 27 Feb 2018, 01:00

I'll try to post more when I can (highlighting is useful), but don't expect much. I'm really sorry I haven't been around so much today guys, it was unavoidable but it still sucks.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:01

kimbyrle wrote:
Keirador wrote:

This means nothing for me. ZZ has been super careful all game not to reveal anything I can use to try to catch a goddamn scum.

Also he did not actually say exact to me. I was paraphrasing.
kimpossible

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 01:02

I really don't think Joe v. Red Sun is the right dipole right now. I'd be happier with Nook v. Telleo.
Keirador

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 01:03

Keirador wrote:I really don't think Joe v. Red Sun is the right dipole right now. I'd be happier with Nook v. Telleo.

I'm not sure it matters unless Joe can switch and RedSun gets back in here to join in.
kimpossible

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 01:03

Ugh, dammit, given my choices here Joe. Hoping my initial read was good. Worried this is the end.
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads