Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (GAME OVER N3)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Day 3)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 00:46

JoeHoya06 wrote:
Keirador wrote:
JoeHoya06 wrote:So if RedSun and I are a team, he would have faked his claim, and then I would have put into the thread that his claim seemed constructed by someone who isn't RedSun, and then brought to his and everyone else's attention how 3pRS is not playing to his claimed win condition in an attempt to...what?

#WouldntIJustNot

More pertinently, what Nanook is arguing here is, per GM clarification, impossible. Now, the scumteam might not have known this when they devised the ploy, but yes, in this moment Nanook's response to the RS claim looks wolfy and your response looks villagery. So here I am deciding whether this moment outweighs a rest of the games' worth of my reads on you and Nanook, or whether I just want to watch the world burn and vote Telleo.

Is it common for third parties to just leave the game when their VC is reached? That surprised me to hear you say that's what would happen.

1) I'm verifying this, and

2) It doesn't fucking matter, he never counted for either side's VC. GM already told me this was true and it's in the rules.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 00:47

kimbyrle wrote:2) It doesn't fucking matter, he never counted for either side's VC. GM already told me this was true and it's in the rules.

It DOES matter because it means his claim can be falsified without having to lynch him. If he's still here tomorrow, he lied. But. . . 1) scum might not have known that when they decided on the ploy, and 2) if they can win on a mislynch right now, it doesn't matter.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 00:48

Keirador wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:2) It doesn't fucking matter, he never counted for either side's VC. GM already told me this was true and it's in the rules.

It DOES matter because it means his claim can be falsified without having to lynch him. If he's still here tomorrow, he lied. But. . . 1) scum might not have known that when they decided on the ploy, and 2) if they can win on a mislynch right now, it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter only in the sense of "Would he actually be removed from the game?" Sorry, that was unclear.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby JoeHoya06 » 27 Feb 2018, 00:48

kimbyrle wrote:
JoeHoya06 wrote:Is it common for third parties to just leave the game when their VC is reached? That surprised me to hear you say that's what would happen.

1) I'm verifying this, and

2) It doesn't fucking matter, he never counted for either side's VC. GM already told me this was true and it's in the rules.

It DOES "fucking matter" when Keir is saying that Nanook's theory is impossible if RS is actually a 3P. The town wouldn't have the option to consider/not consider lynching the 3P because the 3P wouldn't be here.

(And also, when I'm trying to figure out which one of you lot is lying, I feel like everything matters.)
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1094
All-game rating: 1151

Postby Nanook » 27 Feb 2018, 00:50

Keirador wrote:@Nanook, that last is particularly relevant to your views. If RS is lying, he cannot ride the claim through to a solo victory in LYLO; he'll be outed. So if we kill his partner tonight, it's auto-loss for the scumbolistas.

Did not know that at time of posting. Ok. I still think it's RS/Joe, and I wanted more time to evaluate Joe tomorrow when I had time to do it properly, but: JOE.

So yeah, if RS' claimed wc isn't mutually exclusive to ours and he'd be outed as lying scum tomorrow and thus not able to ride a fake claim to victory...yeah, makes sense to go with my second scum read.

I still think he's scum, but im not as positive about it as before.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 00:53

ZZ says it depends on the exact VC, but if it doesn't coincide with game end then they would probably be removed so as to avoid kingmaking; also implies he would remove a 3P whose VC had become impossible to achieve.
kimpossible

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 00:53

So I would need to toss out the window the WouldntHeJustNot read on Nanook's blocker reveal, which doesn't seem perfect to me but nothing does right now. My bigger problem is Joe's immediate reaction to RS's reveal. If he's scum, he knows I'm town. I am poking at RS's reveal, I think pretty obviously with hostile intent. Joe is poking at me, wondering why I'm bothering, what I hope to gain, why I thought to demand it in the first place. Yes, he eventually gets over to "yeah, this could be really fake," but it's not his initial instinct. If he understands that the best, and maybe only, path for a scumteam win is lynching RS, then he's practicing some incredible restraint and patience in granting the RS reveal credibility. Could be resignation because he knows the claim is likely true and will stand up eventually, reversed when he sees I'm willing to tear it down? Could be, "oh, they just gave up" is almost never the right answer. Unless he reckons he has to go down and it's on Nanook to win it, but then Nanookk's the one who argues the reveal ain't real. Did they not coordinate here? Purposeful misdirection?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 00:55

Current standings:

JoeHoya06 (5): Keirador, kimbyrle(+1), RedSun, nanooktheeskimo
RedSun (4): Telleo, UpsideDownChuck, JoeHoya06(+1)

If Joe is scum and RS really is 3P, this game hinges on who wins the championship.
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 27 Feb 2018, 00:56

kimbyrle wrote:Current standings:

JoeHoya06 (5): Keirador, kimbyrle(+1), RedSun, nanooktheeskimo
RedSun (4): Telleo, UpsideDownChuck, JoeHoya06(+1)

If Joe is scum and RS really is 3P, this game hinges on who wins the championship.

(Because I didn't include the additional votes for the champion)
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 27 Feb 2018, 00:57

viewtopic.php?f=306&t=57101&start=1080#p937532

Last paragraph: it's only weird if you don't believe 1) that I thought RS had scumslipped (and you of all people should be able to accept this), and 2) you don't believe I was actually at a FtF tournament this week, and thus had no time to devote to making sure my case on joe was rock solid.

Like...as scum, I want to lynch RS over Joe because it's more defensible, and as town I want to lynch RS first because I think I have a scumslip there over the guy I just have a solid case on. I don't really see how your point is AI, unless you're saying I was lying about being at a tournament, which is a really shitty thing to accuse me of if that's the case.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads