Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (GAME OVER N3)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Day 3)

Postby Zoomzip » 27 Feb 2018, 02:01

JoeHoya06(5): Keirador(1), kimbyrle(2), nanooktheeskimo(1), RedSun(1)
RedSun(8): JoeHoya06 (3), Telleo(4), UpsideDownChuck(1)

At this time I believe RedSun is the choice to be voted. Please advise if this is incorrect (or confirm)
Last edited by Zoomzip on 27 Feb 2018, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Zoomzip » 27 Feb 2018, 02:17

Keirador (c) vs. Telleo

The term instant classic is too lightly used. But this match... oh... this match. Somehow from the opening stare-down between the two competitors the fans that had remained could tell something special was happening. Sure, Kimbyrle was flawless, and JoeHoya had dazzled, and RedSun had taken risks... but that was nothing like this match. Even now, in the dying days of the PMWL, it was reminder that sometimes, if you just get very lucky, wrestling is the most amazing thing in the world.

Eschewing the high flying and striking work of the past, instead the opening ten minutes of match was almost a classical wrestling example. Real holds, from amateur wrestling, were broken out. Counters were made. Hand would grapple, seize, looking for a key piece of leverage. Telleo had Keirador. Keirador had Telleo. Both would knot themselves into tortuous configurations, and yet neither was dominant. They would break apart but re-engage before the audience could breathe. And then, after that 10 minutes, they finally separated, two competitors having not just wrestled, but educated, and the crowd rose as one to applaud.

You feel cheated? You're not getting the play-by-play, the move by move description? Because that's not what this match was. This wasn't a match about moves, this was a match with a story. And it's going to be told that way. Because that's what this match will be remembered for. Even those who viewed it on YouTube or DailyMotion later knew that it wasn't one particular spot, or move, it was the gestalt whole. "Start it, then watch."

And what was the story? The PMWL Title had been hot potatoed recently, never staying in one place, but Telleo had come to reclaim it. Indeed the match was almost an accident, a replacement for the intended Keirador vs. UpsideDownChuck. But Telleo was there, and was just one step better. Telleo won the amateur exhibition with a near fall that forced Keirador to be the first to change tactics and try striking. And so they exchanged forearms and slaps and punches and kicks, and each time Keirador would find an advantage Telleo would make one desperate counter and find a way to stay away from a final punch, until Telleo rocked Keirador with a left hand that sent him to the mat. A near fall, but no one expected a pin. Instead they moved to the next section, each trying power move after power move. Swinging neckbreakers, rolling suplexes, double underhook pumphandle slams... And once again, Keirador would hit a move and go for a pin, only to have Telleo kick out and respond with two more power moves of Telleo's own.

And so they fought, and slowly Keirador lost his wind. Not at the twentieth minute. Not the thirtieth. Nor the fortieth. But forty-eight minutes into a classic, Keirador having executed a tope suicide dive and won only a near fall for it, finally was done. He turned to the audience, and threw up his hands? They could read the body language: What more do I have to give?

A lesser booking might have had Keirador go for a cheap DQ, or simply walk away from the ring for the countout to retain the title. But no, Keirador finally threw everything into a desperate series of blows, and Telleo seemed stunned by the renewed vigor of the assault. Seeing Telleo momentarily phased, Keriador threw himself off the ropes and rebounded into a spear, leveling Telleo. Then he pulled Telleo back up, and hit another spear. And he went for a third...

...and Telleo caught him, almost plucking him out of midair, and tucked him into a front chinlock. The audience cheered, but Telleo shook his head, and they all quieted at once. And Telleo leaned his head to Keirador's ear, and the front of the audience could just make out what was said...

There's something you don't know...

And a pause, as this sunk into Keirador's mind, and his eyes suddenly filled with tears even as his mouth seemed to twist into a smile, and Telleo hit the finisher then. One. Two. Three.

New Champion. But what a war.

*** Telleo is credited with a win and is now the PMWL Champion
*** Keirador is credited with a loss.

Zoomzip

Postby Zoomzip » 27 Feb 2018, 02:22

JoeHoya06(5): Keirador(1), kimbyrle(2), nanooktheeskimo(1), RedSun(1)
RedSun(8): JoeHoya06 (3), Telleo(4), UpsideDownChuck(1)

At this time I believe RedSun is the choice to be voted. Please advise if this is incorrect (or confirm)

Zoomzip

Postby Zoomzip » 27 Feb 2018, 02:27

RedSun walks into the office. ZoomZip gives a thin smile, not welcoming, but not as threatening as he hoped. He throws a piece of paper on the table, and hold's RedSun's eyes

"'If there is one competitor who has shown the ability to persevere no matter the odds, and would be a great fit for any promotion, it must be RedSun.' Well, if Dave Seltzer says so for PWNED, it must be true, huh? Or, perhaps you were in business for yourself, looking to just get all the paychecks and titles you could and not giving a damn about the larger promotion."

RedSun doesn't deny it.

"Well, you will do it without my help. You are fired."

*** RedSun has been eliminated. RedSun was a Tweener

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3.

PROMO RULES ARE IN EFFECT

Zoomzip

Re: Main Event Mafia: Game Thread (Night 3)

Postby Zoomzip » 27 Feb 2018, 02:33

Zoomzip

Postby Keirador » 27 Feb 2018, 04:03

SUPER! FUN! PROMO!

So it strikes me that we probably should keep promos brief. The only thing that matters right now is the heels not getting a valid Night Kill. Since we don't know how they do that, or how they're thinking about remaining in-game powers, we probably only help by providing more information.

I will point out something the scum already know: the scumteam is not Telleo + Joe, nor is it Telleo + kim. If I understand the rules and the vote weightings correctly, either team would already have won thanks to having a higher total weighted vote than the town. FMPOV if Telleo is scum, her partner must be Nanook. That makes her a dominated choice as a lynch target for me and for anybody who strongly townreads me.

I challenge Joe.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Telleo » 27 Feb 2018, 04:13

Keirador

Lynching me because I make sense as a team doesn’t matter if I’m town. It’s the same reason RS wasn’t a good lynch just because he could have partnered with Nook or with Joe- if we lose, the info we gains doesn’t matter. You wanna make a case, fine. But don’t just ask your flock to vote me because I can’t be a team with Joe/Kim. OMGUS.

Challenge Kimbyrle.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zoomzip » 27 Feb 2018, 04:14

STOP.

After cutting his promo, Keirador returns to his room, but it has been trashed, and his paycheck stolen. There is a note left for him.

ASUDevil. SJG11. UpsideDownChuck. And you, unless you go...

*** Keirador has been eliminated by Night Action. He was a Face.

Kimbyrle looks at Joe: "You did this."

Joe is confused. "No, I thought it was you."

"It was me."

Nanooktheeskimo smiles.

Kimbyrle and Joe look astonished. "Why? Why ruin us?"

Nook simply smiles, and seems to be quoting something:

"Demand me nothing. What you know, you know.
From this time forth I never will speak word.
"

ZoomZip is cowering in his office, a bottle mostly drunk in one hand. Telleo enters. "Regards from Mr. McMahon" she says.

~FIN~

Having achieved both player number parity and vote supremacy simultaneously, the Heels reveal themselves as the PMWL is gutted for contracts and arbitrage opportunities.

Congratulations to:
Nanooktheeskimo
and
Telleo
and special guest Run-in
Shadowface

The AAR is here.

Zoomzip

Previous

Return to Game Threads