Mafia CLXVIII: Normal Mafia - D4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXVIII: Normal Mafia - D4

Postby ExiledAtHome » 29 Jan 2018, 22:54

kimbyrle wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Town Keir did townie things. Scum Keir took huge risks that he didn't even need to.

Strike the word "huge" and I think it's pretty clear here that I meant whatever it is you're defining as "C" instead of "B". He took risks he didn't even need to.

Why would I have any reason to strike the word "huge"? I mean that's kind of a giant assumption on my part to assume you didn't mean huge when you said huge.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby ExiledAtHome » 29 Jan 2018, 22:57

Keirador wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Never underestimate exactly how much I resent the implication that I was incapable of reaching this conclusion through my own interactions with you, my own observations, and my own critical thinking.

I assume Keir was banking on just that. That he did everything in his power to subtly coax that effort along by entrusting you to figure it out on your own while he hid under a rock doesn't make it any less manipulative.

A challenge for the reader: how does someone simultaneously do everything in their power to coax an effort along while hiding under a rock? Answer to the riddle will be revealed in next week's issue!

Next week's issue coming early in the AAR.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby ExiledAtHome » 29 Jan 2018, 23:08

KeirBear, how do you embed YouTube videos?
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby kimpossible » 29 Jan 2018, 23:09

ExiledAtHome wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Town Keir did townie things. Scum Keir took huge risks that he didn't even need to.

Strike the word "huge" and I think it's pretty clear here that I meant whatever it is you're defining as "C" instead of "B". He took risks he didn't even need to.

Why would I have any reason to strike the word "huge"? I mean that's kind of a giant assumption on my part to assume you didn't mean huge when you said huge.

:roll:

This is all kinda pointless by now. I've made my decision, so unless you two decide to vote me in the next hour -- at which point the town loss will not be my fault -- we're done here.

I'm leaving work, so I'll see you in the AAR.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 29 Jan 2018, 23:11

Someone close the window, I feel a draft.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby Keirador » 29 Jan 2018, 23:15

I'm like half-expecting EAH to flip blue, and then the game to keep going, and we have to actually lynch Telleo to win.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Keirador » 29 Jan 2018, 23:18

ExiledAtHome wrote:KeirBear, how do you embed YouTube videos?

The random-looking alphanumerical string in the URL of the youtube video itself gets set inside [youtube] tags. So the Paul F. Tompkins video looks like this, but with brackets:

{youtube}Dz6NSBLPVO8{/youtube}
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby ExiledAtHome » 29 Jan 2018, 23:20

That is a bizarre way of doing things. Never would have guessed that.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby Keirador » 29 Jan 2018, 23:29

ExiledAtHome wrote:My above comment specifically makes note of your POE, and how you leveraged that POE to deflect Kim's efforts from looking at you to looking at me by just digging in your heels and proclaiming you were set, and wouldn't be around much giving her nowhere to engage but with me. I mean you even said you didn't really want to make too many points about me because you were concerned that might color Kim's perception, and have her dismiss those points because they're coming from you. Your entire strategy was mental, to get Kim from A to B on her own, without actually trying to engage with her and argue your case.

This is, again, a scum that doesn't really care about losing. Like, as town, I'm believing that kim comes to the right decision because there's enough in thread. I've been active, I've been impactful, and I'm actually town, so an observant and conscientious player reviewing that record already has enough material to get there. If I'm scum, I'm just like, whatever, fuck it? Or alternatively, I've gamed kim out to the extent that I can predict her actions precisely enough that I realize that letting my existing (scum) record stand is the winning ticket for me?

I mean I get that nobody but sjg (and condude, actually, on another site) has actually seen my scum play because it's been a million years, but I still have scum games on here one could peruse. I am neither disinterested in the outcome, nor a goddamned genius, and I kinda have to be one or the other here.

ExiledAtHome wrote:That's manipulation. It doesn't mean Kim didn't arrive at her conclusions on her own --she did-- but it wasn't because you stood there and took the heat and came away looking cleaner, its because you only gave her one avenue to engage for a large swath of LYLO. It's not a dirty way to play, but only two people really spent time examining more than one theory today, and you ain't one of them.

I looked at kim and found that narrative. . . well, I guess I'll say "worth losing to." I asked if you wanted to engage on that further and you turned me down.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 29 Jan 2018, 23:29

ExiledAtHome wrote:That is a bizarre way of doing things. Never would have guessed that.

I had to quote other people's posts with youtube embeds to grok it.
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads