Fable 10- Surprise- Game Thread

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Fable 10- Surprise- Game Thread

Postby sjg11 » 02 Dec 2017, 17:25

Just a reminder of the flavour in the spoiler below:
After the town's success in Fable 9 you re-appear in the Vigil's Lounge, to be greeted by a plate of complementary nachos. Sadly, after tasting them you realise these nachos are more like cardboard than anything else. The Vigil starts talking,

"Welcome back guys! And well done! I make that two wins for you guys now. Impressive! And enjoy the nachos they... well they cost me next to nothing but enjoy them nonetheless."

"Now, if you would please walk through the portal directly in front of you, we'll get moving with the third challenge."

You stroll through the portal... to find yourself back in Sunnydale. At this point you feel a sense of fond familiarity of being back here.

"And once again chaos has come to this town. See, there's a particularly nasty group of vampires here led by a particularly nasty group of vampires called Drusilla. It's her birthday soon and she's getting a present. You do not want what's in that present to see the light of day."

"Oh, and Buffy has gone into hiding as a result of the impending threat... and she will be deciding who you kill every day. Enjoy the third challenge! I'm looking forward to it already..."

And the Vigil disappears, leaving you to your own devices yet again.

And a link to the rules:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vZZTc4yY-3e5O1oJC8kRFvZePOb7-0AeGLrnC-qIi6o/edit?usp=sharing
I am going to be double-checking the ruleset and my previous clarifications tomorrow so be sure to double-check the rules before Day One starts. I'm not going to change the rules, just add in clarifications which should be in the sign-up thread anyway but it's going to be easier to read the ruleset rather than the 28-page sign-up thread I feel.

Day One will start at 7 PM GMT on 4th December 2017. Going to start sending out role PMs in a moment.

Roster below:
nanooktheeskimo
condude1
RedSun
Parabellum
Iggy
StarWatcher009
Kimbyrle
ExiledAtHome
GPD
shirt
Shadowfriend
justy
JoeHoya- Buffy Summers

Game Map:
End of Day One/Start of Day Two: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664&start=920
End of Day Two/Start of Day Three: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664&start=1790#p927885
End of Day Three/Start of Day Four: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664&start=2140#p928382
End of Day Four/Start of Day Five: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664&p=928805#p928805
End of Day Five/Start of Day Six: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664&start=2720

Pieces Collected:
Left Leg
Right Arm
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable 10- Surprise- Game Thread

Postby sjg11 » 04 Dec 2017, 21:32

And begin!

Just an FYI, nothing has been changed but a couple of clarifications have been made. Basically, if someone dies faction and whether they held a piece of Dru's puzzle is revealed, nothing else. And, as a general rule, if an illegitimate pass is made it'll be randomly assigned. The rules are fully up to date if you want more information.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171207T1930&p0=136&font=cursive&csz=1

Timer above, day ends at 7:30 PM GMT on 7th December 2017. Please enjoy the game.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Strategus » 04 Dec 2017, 21:36

Marking
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698

Postby Nanook » 04 Dec 2017, 21:36

Woohoo, let's get this party started!

Stupidface

Don't care if this counts or not. Let's make this happen.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 04 Dec 2017, 21:41

sjg will count stupidface as a perfectly legitimate vote for shadowface. Do not assume that any other ridiculous nicknames are fine (although something like "nanook" is obviously fine, just use a little bit of common sense.)
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby justy » 04 Dec 2017, 21:42

Hi all! I’m heading to bed but wanted to make a quick post first. I’ve read the rules twice during weekend and tried to think about good strategies for town. There are some ideas regarding end-game probably best left alone now. But I think that we might want to focus on town-reads in this game? If we tell Joe who we see as scum, scum can put their shards on that guy.

But can we win game of mafia with town-hunting? It feels like an odd way to play.

I’ll be back tomorrow but probably sporadically. Finland turns 100 on Wednesday so tomorrow is a day filled with parties (because on Wednesday one must be gloomy and think about Winter War while watching our president shake hands with Finnish elite).
justy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby kimpossible » 04 Dec 2017, 21:44

So, If I'm getting the rules right, currently scum knows where the pieces are but anyone holding a piece right now doesn't know it because we won't be informed until the start of N1. Which means I think we're basically doing the same D1 stuff I've seen in my previous games of talking and seeing who seems weird.

I would assume scum will attempt to maneuver to get Buffy to kill someone they know is holding a piece. I'm also thinking it probably will have been in their own best interest to give themselves each a piece: they can move two pieces each night until some start getting eliminated so they can make sure they're always getting legal pieces, and that's a guaranteed puzzle piece should one of them end up getting killed by Buffy.

Beyond that... I don't know where to start. Talking with each other, I guess.

For my part, I'll probably also make some attempt to track who has held pieces if we announce that information after having it revealed to us. And since scum will always know where the pieces are and have been anyway, I see no reason not to announce them. But I'd like to hear any contradicting thoughts on that.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby shadowface » 04 Dec 2017, 21:45

The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby kimpossible » 04 Dec 2017, 21:46

*fellow townie hifive*
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby justy » 04 Dec 2017, 21:48

kimbyrle wrote:So, If I'm getting the rules right, currently scum knows where the pieces are but anyone holding a piece right now doesn't know it because we won't be informed until the start of N1. Which means I think we're basically doing the same D1 stuff I've seen in my previous games of talking and seeing who seems weird.

I would assume scum will attempt to maneuver to get Buffy to kill someone they know is holding a piece. I'm also thinking it probably will have been in their own best interest to give themselves each a piece: they can move two pieces each night until some start getting eliminated so they can make sure they're always getting legal pieces, and that's a guaranteed puzzle piece should one of them end up getting killed by Buffy.

Beyond that... I don't know where to start. Talking with each other, I guess.

For my part, I'll probably also make some attempt to track who has held pieces if we announce that information after having it revealed to us. And since scum will always know where the pieces are and have been anyway, I see no reason not to announce them. But I'd like to hear any contradicting thoughts on that.

My understanding is that scum get to move two pieces before Buffy shoots. So if we do our normal day one stuf, scum can give our lynch candidate two pieces.
justy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Next

Return to Game Threads