Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Parabellum » 18 Nov 2017, 00:55

condude1 wrote:
Telleo wrote:Question to Condude: Are you always going to post in the same color of orange, and if you do not, should different shades of orange be treated as not legally binding definite truths? A certain colorblind girl wants to know.


Orange will not be used deceitfully, even if I get the exact shade wrong
.


Hm, this raises a question. Why should we trust that orange is used truthfully? The only source we have to establish this fact is an orange statement from post 1. But if orange is used to fool us, that is the exact kind of thing we would expect it to say.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
User avatar
Parabellum
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: 25 May 2017, 18:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Telleo » 18 Nov 2017, 00:56

Is that a nook vote, stupidface? It looks kinda red but I can’t tell on the small letters for sure.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5437
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby shadowface » 18 Nov 2017, 00:57

Parabellum wrote:
condude1 wrote:
Telleo wrote:Question to Condude: Are you always going to post in the same color of orange, and if you do not, should different shades of orange be treated as not legally binding definite truths? A certain colorblind girl wants to know.


Orange will not be used deceitfully, even if I get the exact shade wrong
.


Hm, this raises a question. Why should we trust that orange is used truthfully? The only source we have to establish this fact is an orange statement from post 1. But if orange is used to fool us, that is the exact kind of thing we would expect it to say.

Image
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5520
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Telleo » 18 Nov 2017, 00:57

Parabellum wrote:
condude1 wrote:
Telleo wrote:Question to Condude: Are you always going to post in the same color of orange, and if you do not, should different shades of orange be treated as not legally binding definite truths? A certain colorblind girl wants to know.


Orange will not be used deceitfully, even if I get the exact shade wrong
.


Hm, this raises a question. Why should we trust that orange is used truthfully? The only source we have to establish this fact is an orange statement from post 1. But if orange is used to fool us, that is the exact kind of thing we would expect it to say.



If condude’s lying about being truthful in orange, he gets my MVP vote.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5437
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby shadowface » 18 Nov 2017, 01:01

Telleo wrote:Is that a nook vote, stupidface? It looks kinda red but I can’t tell on the small letters for sure.

nanook

Hell ya. Though I'm thinking of switching to voting you because OMGUS. It's a close one.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5520
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Telleo » 18 Nov 2017, 01:15

shadowface wrote:
Telleo wrote:Is that a nook vote, stupidface? It looks kinda red but I can’t tell on the small letters for sure.

nanook

Hell ya. Though I'm thinking of switching to voting you because OMGUS. It's a close one.


I mean you know I’m not though. I never am. STUPIDFACE. I’m invulnerable to OMGUS and you know it.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5437
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Parabellum » 18 Nov 2017, 05:51

I'm not sure what's particularly destitute about this game, but so far I think Impoverished Mafia is going really well.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
User avatar
Parabellum
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: 25 May 2017, 18:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Nanook » 18 Nov 2017, 06:33

shadowface wrote:Okay, got my role.

I can start my fake scumhunting for this game accordingly.

Image

First order of business is to bus scumbuddy nanook.

Not if I bused you first. Na-na na-na-na

I'm actually looking forward to the day there's a nanook/shadow scumteam. Nobody'll know what hit them. Or we'll get caught D1. Definitely one of those things.


Telleo wrote:Sjg11

Condudes voting for him so I am too. Game solved.

+1, can't argue with this. Shadow/sjg scum team, practically a lock.


shadowface wrote:Okay, so our roster is:

nanook
Parabellum
shadowface
sjg11
Telleo

Not counting smith because he was an accident.

Accidents are people too.


Parabellum wrote:I'm not sure what's particularly destitute about this game, but so far I think Impoverished Mafia is going really well.

Image
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby shadowface » 18 Nov 2017, 08:49

Parabellum wrote:I'm not sure what's particularly destitute about this game, but so far I think Impoverished Mafia is going really well.

I don't know why but I'm having trouble taking this game seriously, maybe because it's quite possible the whole game is a lie :P , or because more people could still join which would change stuff.

Anyways, according to the alleged countdown clock we have close to three days before we've got to do anything. #procrastination
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5520
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Nanook » 18 Nov 2017, 08:58

shadowface wrote:
Parabellum wrote:I'm not sure what's particularly destitute about this game, but so far I think Impoverished Mafia is going really well.

I don't know why but I'm having trouble taking this game seriously, maybe because it's quite possible the whole game is a lie :P , or because more people could still join which would change stuff.

Anyways, according to the alleged countdown clock we have close to three days before we've got to do anything. #procrastination

...were we supposed to take this super seriously?


Image
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests