Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Parabellum » 17 Nov 2017, 07:39

Parabellum wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
Cool. Condude must be a jazz fan.

So if I just got a pm from him that says "you're the towniest of all the towns", that's a good thing, right?

Naw, cause it means you're mislynching me by accident rather than on purpose ;)

I mean, I'm going to be working off of the theory that you're scum. You just haven't been solvy enough. But let's suppose that you're town and that I'm making a mistake:

Either it's intentional or it's accidental.

If it's intentional, there are two possible motivations. 1) I'm busing you and we're both scum. 2) I'm scum and you're town, and I'm diverting attention to you.

If it's accidental, there are three possible motivations. 3) I'm town, and I really believe you're scum. 4) I'm town, and you're the only scum target. 5) I'm scum, and I haven't been told the other scum members yet.

I have to put together a presentation tomorrow. I'm going to go to bed now, then tomorrow I'll focus on these 5 possibilities to discover which might be the case. (hint: it's either 3 or 4... but given your solviness in this whole game, I'd go with 3).

Meant to say that when I'm working on my presentation tomorrow, I'll simultaneously think up [email protected]#$# reasoning to support my position... cause multitasking totally works.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 17 Nov 2017, 07:49

shenanookgins
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby shadowface » 17 Nov 2017, 07:52

Igaggazt needs to be in the game. Nanook joined first, so I hypothesize the good man is our demon.
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby shadowface » 17 Nov 2017, 07:54

God nanook is scummy. I haven't felt this confident about a case since my Redsun case in Galaxy Quest.
shadowface

Postby Nanook » 17 Nov 2017, 07:57

Parabellum wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
Cool. Condude must be a jazz fan.

So if I just got a pm from him that says "you're the towniest of all the towns", that's a good thing, right?

Naw, cause it means you're mislynching me by accident rather than on purpose ;)

I mean, I'm going to be working off of the theory that you're scum. You just haven't been solvy enough. But let's suppose that you're town and that I'm making a mistake:

Either it's intentional or it's accidental.

If it's intentional, there are two possible motivations. 1) I'm busing you and we're both scum. 2) I'm scum and you're town, and I'm diverting attention to you.

If it's accidental, there are three possible motivations. 3) I'm town, and I really believe you're scum. 4) I'm town, and you're the only scum target. 5) I'm scum, and I haven't been told the other scum members yet.

I have to put together a presentation tomorrow. I'm going to go to bed now, then tomorrow I'll focus on these 5 possibilities to discover which might be the case. (hint: it's either 3 or 4... but given your solviness in this whole game, I'd go with 3).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This genuinely made me laugh out of the blue!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Nanook » 17 Nov 2017, 08:01

shadowface wrote:Igaggazt needs to be in the game. Nanook joined first, so I hypothesize the good man is our demon.

There also have to be townies in the game, so. That argument kinda falls apart.

And if we're at all working with normal mafia rules, it would make sense for the first two players to be town given the standard "scum wins with equal or greater numbers" win condition.

So there's at least as much a case against you as against me, if not more, if we're gonna go down that road ;)

And, we don't actually know if there is an Igaggazt! The rules say we're hunting his cultists, not him specifically. Obvs scumslip imho.

It's all irrelevant though. Shadow is 100% scum. Take it to the bank. It's practically tradition at this point.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby shadowface » 17 Nov 2017, 08:02

nanooktheeskimo wrote:And, we don't actually know if there is an Igaggazt! The rules say we're hunting his cultists, not him specifically. Obvs scumslip imho.

I don't even have my role yet! How could I be scumslipping?
shadowface

Postby Nanook » 17 Nov 2017, 08:03

shadowface wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:And, we don't actually know if there is an Igaggazt! The rules say we're hunting his cultists, not him specifically. Obvs scumslip imho.

I don't even have my role yet! How could I be scumslipping?

Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby shadowface » 17 Nov 2017, 08:09

Well I'm not scumhunting until I know what my ulterior motive is. I'm gonna have to play this differently depending on the brand of scum I get (cultist or Iggagazt), so I have to wait for my role PM.

More people need to join this too :D
shadowface

Postby Nanook » 17 Nov 2017, 08:13

shadowface wrote:Well I'm not scumhunting until I know what my ulterior motive is. I'm gonna have to play this differently depending on the brand of scum I get (cultist or Iggagazt), so I have to wait for my role PM.

More people need to join this too :D

Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads