Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Parabellum » 20 Nov 2017, 22:00

sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Ok, so I'm reasonably to moderately sure of parabellum as town. I asked the GM if the win conditions were based on a running tally or if they were only counted at end of day/night, and he answered that it was a running tally. He answered in black though, so, ya know, beware of that I guess.

Which means that I don't think Para is scum, because if he was Iggs the game should have ended with him joining, as that would have made it 1:1.

I encourage other players to ask condude the same question. Either you get the same answer, and we can give Para and me half-clears, or you get a different answer and we can assume that the GM is full of it. Either way, useful information to have!


This is the only place I see Nanook saying that he asked condude a question.

My point is that Nanook assumed the running-tally rule would apply even when the game was mafia solitaire, which I said would be absurd. Because that didn't seem like a plausible way to run a game, I messaged Condude. I don't think Nanook ever claimed to have asked for a clarification when we challenged him on this interpretation.

1. It has been strongly hinted that multiple people asked condude questions in this area, we're agreed on that point are we not?
2. If nanook is scum, then he already knows the answer to this question. If he was given his role PM and was scum then he knows that a running tally is not being given in this case.
3. So, given condude's hint that people were asking multiple questions in this area and given that there is no motive for scum nanook to ask that question... I conclude that nanook is probably town.


1. yes
2 + 3. Scum Nanook does have motivation to convince town that the running tally applies to mafia solitaire, because if we believe him he's cleared as town. He doesn't have to believe his argument to present it.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
User avatar
Parabellum
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: 25 May 2017, 18:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Parabellum » 20 Nov 2017, 22:24

Parabellum wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
This is the only place I see Nanook saying that he asked condude a question.

My point is that Nanook assumed the running-tally rule would apply even when the game was mafia solitaire, which I said would be absurd. Because that didn't seem like a plausible way to run a game, I messaged Condude. I don't think Nanook ever claimed to have asked for a clarification when we challenged him on this interpretation.

1. It has been strongly hinted that multiple people asked condude questions in this area, we're agreed on that point are we not?
2. If nanook is scum, then he already knows the answer to this question. If he was given his role PM and was scum then he knows that a running tally is not being given in this case.
3. So, given condude's hint that people were asking multiple questions in this area and given that there is no motive for scum nanook to ask that question... I conclude that nanook is probably town.


1. yes
2 + 3. Scum Nanook does have motivation to convince town that the running tally applies to mafia solitaire, because if we believe him he's cleared as town. He doesn't have to believe his argument to present it.


Also, I don't see why you're townreading him for having asked Condude a question. He claims his specific question was whether the vc's were running tally or eod. If he's scum, he might have been asking that question to get a "technical victory", but more likely it's that he was trying to find a way to clear himself in town's mind.

Condude saying he'd been sent more than one question seemed to be in reference to our clarification question, NOT in reference to Nanook's original question. Nanook's original question should be NAI for everyone, tbh. It's his semantics argument that is sketch.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
User avatar
Parabellum
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: 25 May 2017, 18:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby sjg11 » 20 Nov 2017, 23:11

Parabellum wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
This is the only place I see Nanook saying that he asked condude a question.

My point is that Nanook assumed the running-tally rule would apply even when the game was mafia solitaire, which I said would be absurd. Because that didn't seem like a plausible way to run a game, I messaged Condude. I don't think Nanook ever claimed to have asked for a clarification when we challenged him on this interpretation.

1. It has been strongly hinted that multiple people asked condude questions in this area, we're agreed on that point are we not?
2. If nanook is scum, then he already knows the answer to this question. If he was given his role PM and was scum then he knows that a running tally is not being given in this case.
3. So, given condude's hint that people were asking multiple questions in this area and given that there is no motive for scum nanook to ask that question... I conclude that nanook is probably town.


1. yes
2 + 3. Scum Nanook does have motivation to convince town that the running tally applies to mafia solitaire, because if we believe him he's cleared as town. He doesn't have to believe his argument to present it.

...Yes but that's not my point. Nanook presenting the argument is completely unindicative. Nanook asking the question to condude is. I'm referring to the latter moment. Not the former. We have somewhat suggestive evidence that nanook was telling the truth about asking the question from condude. Him asking the question is indicative as he has no motive to do it as scum.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18325
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby Parabellum » 20 Nov 2017, 23:24

sjg11 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
sjg11 wrote:1. It has been strongly hinted that multiple people asked condude questions in this area, we're agreed on that point are we not?
2. If nanook is scum, then he already knows the answer to this question. If he was given his role PM and was scum then he knows that a running tally is not being given in this case.
3. So, given condude's hint that people were asking multiple questions in this area and given that there is no motive for scum nanook to ask that question... I conclude that nanook is probably town.


1. yes
2 + 3. Scum Nanook does have motivation to convince town that the running tally applies to mafia solitaire, because if we believe him he's cleared as town. He doesn't have to believe his argument to present it.

...Yes but that's not my point. Nanook presenting the argument is completely unindicative. Nanook asking the question to condude is. I'm referring to the latter moment. Not the former. We have somewhat suggestive evidence that nanook was telling the truth about asking the question from condude. Him asking the question is indicative as he has no motive to do it as scum.


?? You're not arguing with me, you're just contradicting me.

Nanook asking a question is an indication? How do you get that? I've already explained a potential scum motive. It's nai. Also, you're ignoring the content of my posts. His question the the basis of a horrible interpretation of the rules. I don't see how you can say that argument was nai.

My response to your argument is that Condude's post did not seem to be in reference to Nanook's question AT ALL. We have NO indication from Nanook or Condude that Nanook asked for clarification. That's not really an indication either, but it's more scummy than towny, because the clarification meant that he was not really cleared as town. You have yet to respond to the actual content of my posts.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
User avatar
Parabellum
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: 25 May 2017, 18:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby shadowface » 20 Nov 2017, 23:37

@sjg: How is nanook asking that kind of question different from scum pretending to scumhunt? Both seem to be part of the process of pretending to be town, which most players on this site do at a pretty high level.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5524
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby condude1 » 21 Nov 2017, 03:23

Please stop posting, results in shortly.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8161
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby condude1 » 21 Nov 2017, 03:28

Vote Count:

Shadowface (2): Telleo, Nanooktheeskimo
Nanooktheeskimo (3): Sjg11, shadowface, Parabellum

I did this manually, and it's a close vote, so I'll give you guys time to correct me if I'm wrong.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8161
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby condude1 » 21 Nov 2017, 05:49

The town quickly agrees that Nanooktheeskimo has to be Iggagazt. I mean, did you see the way his eyes were darting around? And I swear that was a forked tongue I saw when he was speaking. Unfortunately, after bludgeoning him to death, and then a bit more, he remains in the same shape he is now, a clear sign that he's not Iggagazt in disguise. He also kept a detailed journal explaining his efforts to root out the cult of Iggagazt over a decades-long period. Apparently he was just a townie!

Nanooktheeskimo was a townie prescient.

The night will last two days, and end on November 22nd, at 8:00 PM PST, or when all night actions are sent to me.

Nanook's alignment reveal is not in any way deceptive.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8161
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Postby condude1 » 23 Nov 2017, 05:41

You all get restless sleeps, with the feeling that Iggagazt must be watching you. However, when you wake up in the morning, you find that you're alive! Or, at least, most of you do. Telleo is found dead, singed nearly beyond recognition. Iggagazt clearly had fun last night...

Telleo was a poisoner townie

Day 2 has begun, and you may begin posting. The day ends at 8:00 PM PST, Saturday November 25th, 2017.

Telleo's alignment reveal is not in any way deceptive.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8161
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Postby Parabellum » 23 Nov 2017, 07:02

Ok, well, this is easy.

SJG said that Nanook's questions to the GM made him a lock town, but I don't see how that is the case at all. Strike 1.

SJG claimed he was townreading Nanook, but left his vote on him. Strike 2.

My theory is that SJG wanted towncred for townreading Nanook. That only works if Nanook is the one who dies, so he left his vote on him.

SJG
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
User avatar
Parabellum
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: 25 May 2017, 18:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests