Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Postby Parabellum » 23 Nov 2017, 07:09

Alternate theory: Iggs really is just a myth, and we're lynching each other for no good reason.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 23 Nov 2017, 10:31

@sjg: Why not move your vote off nanook yesterday, given that you were so sure he was town?
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby shadowface » 23 Nov 2017, 10:32

Parabellum wrote:Alternate theory: Iggs really is just a myth, and we're lynching each other for no good reason.

But there's a dead townie. So unless someone claims vig there's obviously a scum out there.
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby Parabellum » 23 Nov 2017, 15:44

shadowface wrote:
Parabellum wrote:Alternate theory: Iggs really is just a myth, and we're lynching each other for no good reason.

But there's a dead townie. So unless someone claims vig there's obviously a scum out there.

Natural causes?
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 23 Nov 2017, 15:52

Condude plays mafia, so he likes mind-games, right? Is he a fan of the ironic? Is he a GM who likes to laugh at the people playing his game because they can't see what's right in front of their faces? Telleo pointed something out yesterday. There's something very interesting about this post:

condude1 wrote:Igaggazt, an ancient archdemon known for his godlike powers of deception, had been assumed dead for decades. His final battle with Condude1, a wizard of extraordinary power, resulted in a miles-wide explosion, of which only the benevolent mage survived. However, his presumed death did not stop his followers from attempting to bring him back to this world. After years of secretive rituals, Igaggazt was discovered to still be alive, hidden away and using his powers of deception to make himself unnoticed. His cultists have joined forces with him, and hope to rule the world through betrayal and lies. It is up to you, good townies, to stop these cultists in their tracks!

This game has already begun. Anyone who wishes to join this game need only make a post in this thread at any point during Day 1, and anyone who makes a post in this thread during D1 is considered part of the game, and they will be forwarded a role PM. This is also the thread where in-game discussion will take place.

Anything written in orange can be trusted to not only be true, but also posted without any attempt to deceive. I will only use this colour for things that should not be second-guessed. Any player using this colour without explicit permission from me will die a most painful death.

The rules are intentionally brief and mostly not-orange. Be afraid, be very afraid...

Any vote cast for a player or object not in the game will be taken to be a vote for no lynch. It is up to the players to keep track of who is in the game - there will be no roster posted, although the player who is Igaggazt will receive a full roster with alignments.

If fewer than 5 people sign up, I will call this game. If Sjg's game goes past confirmations, I will call the game. This is just a way of satisfying our mafia addiction while waiting for Surprise to start!

Vote in this game in big and red, like so: Sjg11. If the tabulator picks it up, you're good to go. If it's large or huge and red, and the tabulator doesn't, let me know and I'll count it.

The townies win when Iggagazt is slain. Cultists and Iggagazt win at parity.

Any questions can be directed to me. If I don't respond in orange, you probably shouldn't take the answer as gospel.

I withhold the right to add to these rules. For now, just start posting!

Countdown Clock to End of Day 1 is hereAssuming I'm not lying about this being the countdown ;)

What if Condude gave us the answer on D1? If he did, I love it. Telleo said "Well, Condude already voted for SJG...". Of course that was a place-holder vote because nothing had happened in the game yet. But what if she was right?

Don't write this off. I'm not reading into something that's not there... I have it on high authority that things in this post carried more weight than we thought.
Parabellum

Postby sjg11 » 23 Nov 2017, 16:24

Hi guys, Thursday is hell for me, I’ll talk on Friday evening, there are a lot of things I need to discuss.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Parabellum » 24 Nov 2017, 02:05

You know what, this is calling out to me still. Condude seriously told us the answer in post one.

[quote]Vote in this game in big and red, like so: Sjg11. If the tabulator picks it up, you're good to go. If it's large or huge and red, and the tabulator doesn't, let me know and I'll count it.[/quote\

Got that? "Vote like so: Sjg11". He's telling us how to vote.
Parabellum

Postby shadowface » 24 Nov 2017, 09:54

Parabellum wrote:You know what, this is calling out to me still. Condude seriously told us the answer in post one.

Vote in this game in big and red, like so: Sjg11. If the tabulator picks it up, you're good to go. If it's large or huge and red, and the tabulator doesn't, let me know and I'll count it.

Got that? "Vote like so: Sjg11". He's telling us how to vote.

But how would condude have known that sjg would join the game? He made that post before the game had started, so I don't see how this could have been intentional.
shadowface

Postby shadowface » 24 Nov 2017, 09:58

sjg11 wrote:Hi guys, Thursday is hell for me, I’ll talk on Friday evening, there are a lot of things I need to discuss.

I don't like to nag people about RL but can you seriously just answer my 1 question? Before I discuss Para's case against you (which I think is flawed) I want to hear from you why you voted nanook yesterday. It shouldn't be that hard, especially since there are like, 6 posts for you to catch up on :)
shadowface

Postby sjg11 » 24 Nov 2017, 20:14

Right ok post incoming. Firstly, I think I might be able to narrow things down here to make the Mafia reveal themselves.

My role is a Stalker. This role is basically a role which allows me to follow people at night. For the moment I'm keeping the... results I picked up last night to myself, I need to check a few things for the moment and then I'll return to you. Long story short, I MAY be a Tracker but I'm really not sure on that one, in fact my suspicion is that I am NOT a Tracker. However, if I have some tracking abilities then SF is confirmed Mafia for me.

Now the fun thing about this role is that the person who I am following KNOWS that I am following them. Parabellum, did you feel in anyway... followed last night? Maybe it was something that stopped you sleeping? Maybe just a feeling you had...

Either way, here's the key point. If I was spending all night making Parabellum feel as creeped out as possible... then I was not killing Telleo. For all my many talents I have not yet gained the ability to be in two places at once.

This leads me onto my next point. Reveals. We need them from both of you today. This is do or die we need all our chips on the table. As I MAY be a Tracker it makes sense to wait a bit for me to have some more information before we start revealing as I may be able to further prove my status as town.

Finally, the nanook vote. Yeah it was dumb. I forgot both when the deadline was and that I had voted for nanook. Like my nanook vote was a joke vote made at the start of the Day... I completely forgot that it existed. :oops: I'll be honest though... that is an NAI moment as sjg as either alignment would NOT deliberately leave their vote on nanook in that situation. It's just a really dumb error.

And Parabellum, here was my logic on nanook:
Nanook said that he asked about the ratios. This is a question where, if he was Mafia, he would have already known the answer. If nanook asked condude that question... then nanook MUST be town. There is NO POINT asking the GM a question you know the answer to when you are Mafia.

Then condude comes into the thread with this:
Alright, I've had several questions about this. The first player would not win the game if his or her VC were reached. Otherwise, there is no way for the game to progress beyond one player (cultists reach parity automatically if they're the first player, townies win on the spot if they're the first player).

So, more than one person has asked condude a question about the ratios and the VCs. The "I've had" suggests this was done in Private through messaging and condude, as a general rule, does not respond to in-thread questions anyway.

So, who was asking these questions?
Well I wasn't so that rules me out.

Telleo's posts on the topic came AFTER condude's clarification so she wasn't asking questions in this area.

Leaving you, nook and SF as possible questioners. Now SF as Mafia would NOT know the answer to the question so could easily have asked it to condude without it being indicative but BOTH you and nanook knew that the rule was as condude later clarified if you were Mafia. So only as town would you ask the GM about it.

So, overall, this moment seems to INDICATE that both you and nanook are town thus that SF is scum if read on its own.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext