Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Mafia CLXVI: Improvised Mafia Day 2

Postby condude1 » 17 Nov 2017, 02:20

Igaggazt, an ancient archdemon known for his godlike powers of deception, had been assumed dead for decades. His final battle with Condude1, a wizard of extraordinary power, resulted in a miles-wide explosion, of which only the benevolent mage survived. However, his presumed death did not stop his followers from attempting to bring him back to this world. After years of secretive rituals, Igaggazt was discovered to still be alive, hidden away and using his powers of deception to make himself unnoticed. His cultists have joined forces with him, and hope to rule the world through betrayal and lies. It is up to you, good townies, to stop these cultists in their tracks!

This game has already begun. Anyone who wishes to join this game need only make a post in this thread at any point during Day 1, and anyone who makes a post in this thread during D1 is considered part of the game, and they will be forwarded a role PM. This is also the thread where in-game discussion will take place.

Anything written in orange can be trusted to not only be true, but also posted without any attempt to deceive. I will only use this colour for things that should not be second-guessed. Any player using this colour without explicit permission from me will die a most painful death.

The rules are intentionally brief and mostly not-orange. Be afraid, be very afraid...

Any vote cast for a player or object not in the game will be taken to be a vote for no lynch. It is up to the players to keep track of who is in the game - there will be no roster posted, although the player who is Igaggazt will receive a full roster with alignments.

If fewer than 5 people sign up, I will call this game. If Sjg's game goes past confirmations, I will call the game. This is just a way of satisfying our mafia addiction while waiting for Surprise to start!

Vote in this game in big and red, like so: Sjg11. If the tabulator picks it up, you're good to go. If it's large or huge and red, and the tabulator doesn't, let me know and I'll count it.

The townies win when Iggagazt is slain. Cultists and Iggagazt win at parity.

Any questions can be directed to me. If I don't respond in orange, you probably shouldn't take the answer as gospel.

I withhold the right to add to these rules. For now, just start posting!

Countdown Clock to End of Day 1 is hereAssuming I'm not lying about this being the countdown . ;)
Last edited by condude1 on 24 Nov 2017, 20:00, edited 6 times in total.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Improvised Mafia Day 1

Postby condude1 » 17 Nov 2017, 02:22

Also, join Sjg's game. Shameless plug for a game I want to start.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 17 Nov 2017, 03:14

Stupidface

Let's go home guys, I think we won.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Parabellum » 17 Nov 2017, 04:39

Nannook

I've been wanting to do that for a while. :D
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)

Postby Parabellum » 17 Nov 2017, 04:40

Parabellum wrote:Nannook

I've been wanting to do that for a while. :D

Wow I spelled your name wrong. It's been too long.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 17 Nov 2017, 04:41

Also I don't really get the game. Are there more rules than are in the original post?

And do Canadians all spell color wrong? Must be because of their continued subservience to the British Empire. At least they drive on the right side of the road.
Parabellum

Postby Nanook » 17 Nov 2017, 04:45

Parabellum wrote:Also I don't really get the game. Are there more rules than are in the original post?

And do Canadians all spell color wrong? Must be because of their continued subservience to the British Empire. At least they drive on the right side of the road.

Not all of them, just some of them.

I think part of the point of the game is to not get it. All you really know for sure is your alignment and your role, if you have one. The exact rules are a mystery, the ratio of scum to mafia is a mystery, the win conditions are a mystery. We're playing by the seat of our pants and flying blind, basically.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Parabellum » 17 Nov 2017, 04:51

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Parabellum wrote:Also I don't really get the game. Are there more rules than are in the original post?

I think part of the point of the game is to not get it. All you really know for sure is your alignment and your role, if you have one. The exact rules are a mystery, the ratio of scum to mafia is a mystery, the win conditions are a mystery. We're playing by the seat of our pants and flying blind, basically.

Cool. Condude must be a jazz fan.

So if I just got a pm from him that says "you're the towniest of all the towns", that's a good thing, right?
Parabellum

Postby Nanook » 17 Nov 2017, 06:57

Parabellum wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:

So if I just got a pm from him that says "you're the towniest of all the towns", that's a good thing, right?

Naw, cause it means you're mislynching me by accident rather than on purpose ;)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Parabellum » 17 Nov 2017, 07:37

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Not all of them, just some of them.

Naw, cause it means you're mislynching me by accident rather than on purpose ;)

I mean, I'm going to be working off of the theory that you're scum. You just haven't been solvy enough. But let's suppose that you're town and that I'm making a mistake:

Either it's intentional or it's accidental.

If it's intentional, there are two possible motivations. 1) I'm busing you and we're both scum. 2) I'm scum and you're town, and I'm diverting attention to you.

If it's accidental, there are three possible motivations. 3) I'm town, and I really believe you're scum. 4) I'm town, and you're the only scum target. 5) I'm scum, and I haven't been told the other scum members yet.

I have to put together a presentation tomorrow. I'm going to go to bed now, then tomorrow I'll focus on these 5 possibilities to discover which might be the case. (hint: it's either 3 or 4... but given your solviness in this whole game, I'd go with 3).
Parabellum

Next

Return to Game Threads