Mafia CLXIV: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby shadowface » 08 Sep 2017, 19:21

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Regarding ZZ and SJG's interaction. I think that I like ZZ more out of it--feels a little disingenuous on the part of SJG, trying to manufacture a "scumslip." I don't feel strongly about it, but that would be my impression.

Really? Did scum SJG think that he was going to get ZZ lynched on that - as though what he knew was a misunderstanding would never be cleared up? I see literally no scum motive for SJG to manufacture such an easily explained scumslip.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby shadowface » 08 Sep 2017, 19:23

StarWatcher009 wrote:I'm not really sure about my scumtell, or what it would be seeing as I've never played scum; at least online. I imagine I'd speak less and be less confrontational. That's what happens to me when I'm nervous, which I would be if I was scum, before every post I made. I'd also probably try and force posts when I don't really have something to say, to try and appear not to be lurking.

To what extent did you force this post to appear not to be lurking? :shock:
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby Zoomzip » 08 Sep 2017, 19:24

shadowfriend1 wrote:GRRRRR... didn't scumZip say exactly this to me a few games ago? I just like being able to navigate the thread. :lol:


Town ZoomZip also thinks it. FWIW.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6563
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby sjg11 » 08 Sep 2017, 19:26

nanooktheeskimo wrote:

Regarding ZZ and SJG's interaction. I think that I like ZZ more out of it--feels a little disingenuous on the part of SJG, trying to manufacture a "scumslip." I don't feel strongly about it, but that would be my impression.

What makes you think I was trying to manufacture a scumslip there? Do you see how I read ZZ's post in a way that made me think he had slipped?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18111
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby sjg11 » 08 Sep 2017, 19:27

shadowfriend1 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:What do you think is your main scumtell?

That there are mysteriously no nightkills because I am paranoid about getting caught.
Also, I have trouble placing votes as scum. It freaks me out and I often push it off to long.

But doesn't town SF wait a while before placing votes too? Or are you saying that we can hold you to a standard if you're dallying with your vote?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18111
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby Zoomzip » 08 Sep 2017, 19:45

sjg11 wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:

Regarding ZZ and SJG's interaction. I think that I like ZZ more out of it--feels a little disingenuous on the part of SJG, trying to manufacture a "scumslip." I don't feel strongly about it, but that would be my impression.

What makes you think I was trying to manufacture a scumslip there? Do you see how I read ZZ's post in a way that made me think he had slipped?


What's more interesting is why SJG would just assume that as scum I would suck that badly and wouldn't actually try and consider what my town meaning might have been.

I don't think SJG was trying to manufacture a reason to kill me.

I'm not sure that SJG might not have been trying to manufacture a reasons to be active.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6563
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby shadowface » 08 Sep 2017, 19:46

sjg11 wrote:
shadowfriend1 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:What do you think is your main scumtell?

That there are mysteriously no nightkills because I am paranoid about getting caught.
Also, I have trouble placing votes as scum. It freaks me out and I often push it off to long.

But doesn't town SF wait a while before placing votes too? Or are you saying that we can hold you to a standard if you're dallying with your vote?

I think when I'm town, it's easy if I'm pressed to vote to come up with the guy I think most likely to be scum. Whether I choose to vote or not would depend on my confidence, and as a rule I don't like to vote until my vote is going to mean something. But if I'm scum it's hard to come up with that on the spot, because I don't genuinely have a scummiest read. The case needs to be convincingly manufactured first. Ultimately the difference is that I don't feel nearly as pressured to have a vote out when I'm town. I don't know if this shows up in my play, but it's certainly a distinction in how I think.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby shadowface » 08 Sep 2017, 19:47

Zoomzip wrote:I'm not sure that SJG might not have been trying to manufacture a reasons to be active.

What say you, sjg? Did this play into your reaction at all?
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5515
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby StarWatcher009 » 08 Sep 2017, 19:53

shadowfriend1 wrote:
StarWatcher009 wrote:I'm not really sure about my scumtell, or what it would be seeing as I've never played scum; at least online. I imagine I'd speak less and be less confrontational. That's what happens to me when I'm nervous, which I would be if I was scum, before every post I made. I'd also probably try and force posts when I don't really have something to say, to try and appear not to be lurking.

To what extent did you force this post to appear not to be lurking? :shock:


Just trying to answer a question.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
User avatar
StarWatcher009
 
Posts: 850
Joined: 26 Dec 2013, 23:43
Location: somewhere
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1021)
All-game rating: (1406)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby StarWatcher009 » 08 Sep 2017, 19:55

Hmm, ZZs main scumtell is something irrelevant to this game.

Does everyone who has played with him a lot before agree that this is one of his most significant scum tells?
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
User avatar
StarWatcher009
 
Posts: 850
Joined: 26 Dec 2013, 23:43
Location: somewhere
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1021)
All-game rating: (1406)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests