Mafia CLXIV: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 19:25

sjg11 wrote:
shadowfriend1 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:You're town aren't you SF? Like I can't see any other explanation for switching back to ZZ here.

To be honest I might still switch around my vote: I was willing to do this when I went to bed last night, but I like my ZZ vote even more this morning so it's probably staying where it is. The fact that ZZ came on and didn't answer my questions just makes him look worse in my eyes.

@SJG: If you believe this, is it impacting your outlook on the game? Because you realize you win either way if you're town and I'm town, right?

No. I want to win as town. Like, winning as the convert in this case is just... such a lame way to win the game. I wouldn't count that as a win.

I seriously hope you're the townie here sjg.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 24 Sep 2017, 19:33

shadowfriend1 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
shadowfriend1 wrote:To be honest I might still switch around my vote: I was willing to do this when I went to bed last night, but I like my ZZ vote even more this morning so it's probably staying where it is. The fact that ZZ came on and didn't answer my questions just makes him look worse in my eyes.

@SJG: If you believe this, is it impacting your outlook on the game? Because you realize you win either way if you're town and I'm town, right?

No. I want to win as town. Like, winning as the convert in this case is just... such a lame way to win the game. I wouldn't count that as a win.

I seriously hope you're the townie here sjg.

Having spent most of the day seriously worrying about your alignment, I have some sympathy.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby RedSun » 24 Sep 2017, 19:52

And I'm worried about both yer alignments n now your buddy buddy all of a sudden…
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 19:53

RedSun wrote:And I'm worried about both yer alignments n now your buddy buddy all of a sudden…

If we're buddies, why act like buddies in thread? Scum don't sit around chatting with each other in the thread half an hour from LYLO.
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby RedSun » 24 Sep 2017, 19:58

Well I'm not changing my vote right now anyway. Even if I did Nick isn't active enough for him to change in time to make a difference. I hope you two are towns…
Groups:
RedSun

Postby RedSun » 24 Sep 2017, 19:59

I'll find out soon enough anyway...
Groups:
RedSun

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 20:03

RedSun wrote:Well I'm not changing my vote right now anyway. Even if I did Nick isn't active enough for him to change in time to make a difference. I hope you two are towns…

Well, if you have a good reason for me to change my vote by all means make the case. You don't need Nick.
shadowface

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 20:17

sjg11 wrote:Having spent most of the day seriously worrying about your alignment, I have some sympathy.

Okay, since the game is almost over, I'll admit this was my intention.

At the start of the day, Zoomzip saying he would be chill with throwing the game to the scum freaked me out. It was a reasonable view for him to take if he thought I was likely to be town. Kind of cheap, but reasonable. And it would cost me the game. Voting him wouldn't do anything to dissuade him from it. The only thing that would really make his view untenable was for me to be scum. The more I could increase the likelihood of me being scum in the eyes of the townie between you and ZZ, the less viable this strategy became. The odds of you or him winning through mislynch would be inversely proportional with my scummyness. (If it's a 90% chance I'm scum to the townie between you, that's only a 10% chance of winning with a mislynch. If it's a 10% chance I'm scum, that's a 90% chance of winning with a mislynch).

I also realized that I was pretty much off the table for a lynch. So there was very little benefit to being townread, with a much higher benefit to being scumread. As a result, I started to edit all my posts for the first ~48 hours of the day to establish a scummy tone. I went out of my way not to defend myself from simple accusations or say little things that would indicate I'm town (I deleted quite a few posts). I didn't let it interfere with my scumhunting, but I just removed the little indicators of town that naturally come to a townie. I figured that there was no risk of my getting lynched today unless I really overdid it, but if I changed my play and tone to act like vague scum, whoever of you and Zoomzip was town would assume they could only win with the town. This way you'd both keep fighting with each other to stay alive. In a town that consisted of 2 players who are going to in reality win regardless of their play, 1 noob contributing almost nothing, and 1 guy going camping, I NEEDED Zoomzip and sjg to fight for their lives to have any hope of actually solving the game.

It doesn't really matter much at this point, but this might help anyone confused with why I looked so stupidly scummy at the start of the day make sense of my play.
shadowface

Postby NicholasIII » 24 Sep 2017, 20:20

shadowfriend1 wrote:
RedSun wrote:Well I'm not changing my vote right now anyway. Even if I did Nick isn't active enough for him to change in time to make a difference. I hope you two are towns…

Well, if you have a good reason for me to change my vote by all means make the case. You don't need Nick.

Indeed, especially since I don't want sf1 to change her vote, given that after this day I am still thinking ZZ is the scum, even a little more than before
NicholasIII

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (968)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 20:22

Too bad ZZ isn't here for EOD. He's sort of the most relevant party...
shadowface

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads