Mafia CLXIV: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby RedSun » 24 Sep 2017, 17:11

Could you also show me K's corrobation?

sjg you made a lot of accusations D1 on you and Starwatcher. Could you link me games where you jumped to similar accusations as town?
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby sjg11 » 24 Sep 2017, 17:32

RedSun wrote:Could you link me the other game where he was aloof as mafia? If there are particular messages in that game that'd help I'd like that too.

http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=314&t=55651

ZZ being aloof as Mafia

K's corroboration:
Keirador wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Just building on the timezones point Keirador, I feel like my playing style is important here. Like you yourself state it when you say that ZZ's more likely to be the guy who games the situation out and I'm more likely to be the guy who improvises in the moment.

But this is also relevant to my impact as town. There's a reason why I'm most dangerous as town just before the deadline. That short space of time when you have almost no time to think and are acting on the fly... THAT's my best quality as town. I think things through to a reasonable extent and I'm still a relatively deep thinker about the game, don't get me wrong, but if you're looking for the King Strategist it ain't me. What I'm best at though is coming up with brief moments of inspiration that can win a game for the town. And in my view there's nobody who does THAT better than me.

So, slamming the deadline at 5 AM my time is... kinda like putting a word limit on Crunkus posts. It SERIOUSLY reduces my effectiveness as a townie. So when judging my impact on this game... you HAVE to bear that in mind.

This is fair and true.


Me pushing a wagon as Town:
http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=314&t=55289

See Day One of this game, me pushing the SF wagon.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 17943
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby RedSun » 24 Sep 2017, 18:09

I'm so confused right now…

Nick are you here? I want to discuss thoughts with you.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 18:18

ZOOMZIP: Why don't you answer my questions?

Starting here:
http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56216&start=982
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 18:24

RedSun wrote:Your not that easy to town read this game.

I found both ZZ and sjg easy to townread... which isn't particularly helpful. But having played with both on quite a few occasions, sjg stood out as much easier to townread tonally, relative to his scum play.

sjg wrote:I think you have to remember something in this game. I'm not easy to townread COMPARED to ZZ. I was widely, and correctly, read as town before today. The fact that today has been such a challenge is an incredible testament to ZZ's play in this game.

This too. I've mentioned before that I naturally have an inherent townread on ZZ every game for no reason. He's one of those guys who just comes across as townie. On the one occasion I actually successful identified ZZ, I had to artificially step away from my gut read of him and be critical of his play.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 18:29

RedSun wrote:I'm so confused right now…

Nick are you here? I want to discuss thoughts with you.

You can discuss thoughts with me if you like. I know you can't trust I'm town, but I can try to reply rationally so that you can consider for yourself if what I'm saying checks out.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby shadowface » 24 Sep 2017, 18:36

sjg11 wrote:You're town aren't you SF? Like I can't see any other explanation for switching back to ZZ here.

To be honest I might still switch around my vote: I was willing to do this when I went to bed last night, but I like my ZZ vote even more this morning so it's probably staying where it is. The fact that ZZ came on and didn't answer my questions just makes him look worse in my eyes.

@SJG: If you believe this, is it impacting your outlook on the game? Because you realize you win either way if you're town and I'm town, right?
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby RedSun » 24 Sep 2017, 18:41

My gut says sjg is scum but ZZ hasn't been helpful to the town really this entire game. I'm going with ZZ unless he starts talking because there is nothing ZZ did to forward the agenda of the town… all he did was not partake in what the general town did and did his own little thing to the side. Sjg I pray your innocent because unless ZZ or Nick show up Im going with ZZ right now because at least it seems like you tried to get the town moving.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 00:21
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby sjg11 » 24 Sep 2017, 19:01

shadowfriend1 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:You're town aren't you SF? Like I can't see any other explanation for switching back to ZZ here.

To be honest I might still switch around my vote: I was willing to do this when I went to bed last night, but I like my ZZ vote even more this morning so it's probably staying where it is. The fact that ZZ came on and didn't answer my questions just makes him look worse in my eyes.

@SJG: If you believe this, is it impacting your outlook on the game? Because you realize you win either way if you're town and I'm town, right?

No. I want to win as town. Like, winning as the convert in this case is just... such a lame way to win the game. I wouldn't count that as a win.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 17943
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Postby sjg11 » 24 Sep 2017, 19:04

RedSun wrote:My gut says sjg is scum but ZZ hasn't been helpful to the town really this entire game. I'm going with ZZ unless he starts talking because there is nothing ZZ did to forward the agenda of the town… all he did was not partake in what the general town did and did his own little thing to the side. Sjg I pray your innocent because unless ZZ or Nick show up Im going with ZZ right now because at least it seems like you tried to get the town moving.

Is there anything worrying you about me that I CAN respond to? Like a gut read is fine but I can't really deal with it if it's wrong, as it is in this case.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 17943
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests