Mafia CLXIV: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 0

Postby sjg11 » 08 Sep 2017, 15:50

Zoomzip wrote:Also, SJG, I'd love to gloat but I'm seeing the Everton match tomorrow with some coworkers, so I'm gonna be nervous until that is done.

Yeah Everton are a good side, they're always solid opponents. I'll prepare some mockery in case of defeat.

PPE: And my last post should be 2 life pool not 2 player pool.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zoomzip » 08 Sep 2017, 15:51

If someone is NKed or misvoted, and flips town, they are not a vote candidate until we get at least one scum player killed. Dig me?

PPE: And your last post is still amazingly bad if you are trying to insist it is a real vote -- grasp the actual issue being discussed. And consider it. I think it is town positive.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 08 Sep 2017, 15:53

Zoomzip wrote:

Proposed: Until we get 1 scum player lynched, we only lynch from the 2 life pool -- Agree or Disagree?

But we're all (scum excepted) in the 2 life pool.

Ohh I'm misunderstanding you. You're saying we shouldn't lynch already killed players until we find 1 Mafia (which is sensible) for a few days not "Let's lynch a 2-life player instead of a 1-life player today". Sorry I thought it was a slip that you knew who had 1 life NOW rather than a discussion about a plan for the future when people start dying.

Unvote
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 08 Sep 2017, 15:54

Zoomzip wrote:If someone is NKed or misvoted, and flips town, they are not a vote candidate until we get at least one scum player killed. Dig me?

Like I said, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were showing knowledge of who only had 1 life NOW (which would be a scumslip) rather than discussing the above.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Zoomzip » 08 Sep 2017, 15:59

sjg11 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:If someone is NKed or misvoted, and flips town, they are not a vote candidate until we get at least one scum player killed. Dig me?

Like I said, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were showing knowledge of who only had 1 life NOW (which would be a scumslip) rather than discussing the above.

OK cool. Now, given that you understand the idea -- is it a good one? I think it is. Right now we KNOW there must be 2 scum in the 2 life pool. Every misvote and NK makes that pool smaller. So, FMPV -- I think casting a vote randomly has a 33% chance of being correct.

However, after an NK and a mislynch (that aren't me) both flipping town, a vote in the 2 life pool (which has gone from 6 to 4) now has a 50% chance of being correct.

Now... there is a bit of a counter to this I could anticipate, which would limit it somewhat.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby sjg11 » 08 Sep 2017, 16:47

Zoomzip wrote:
sjg11 wrote:

OK cool. Now, given that you understand the idea -- is it a good one? I think it is. Right now we KNOW there must be 2 scum in the 2 life pool. Every misvote and NK makes that pool smaller. So, FMPV -- I think casting a vote randomly has a 33% chance of being correct.

However, after an NK and a mislynch (that aren't me) both flipping town, a vote in the 2 life pool (which has gone from 6 to 4) now has a 50% chance of being correct.

Now... there is a bit of a counter to this I could anticipate, which would limit it somewhat.

I think I may see the Counter which would somewhat limit this (but will withhold saying it unless necessary today as I feel like the pros still outweigh the cons and I don't want to be giving the Mafia advice/ideas) but I also think it's a good idea. I think it allows us to really zone in on the original Mafia, which really helps us, while also allowing us to gather data on who the Changy Guy is.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby NicholasIII » 08 Sep 2017, 17:43

First of hello to everyone and thanks for the warm welcome !
I agree with the idea of Zoomzip, seems like a good way to get rid of the original scum and I personnaly can't really think of a good Counter
NicholasIII

Standard rating: (968)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Nanook » 08 Sep 2017, 18:32

I'm not really sure what my biggest scumtell would be, given that I've only played one game as scum. I suppose a sense of certainty about alignments might be, but I'm very confident reads as town sometimes too, so I'm not sure how much of a tell it is--others would probably know better than me, really.

Regarding ZZ and SJG's interaction. I think that I like ZZ more out of it--feels a little disingenuous on the part of SJG, trying to manufacture a "scumslip." I don't feel strongly about it, but that would be my impression.

I'm going to be a bit less high activity this game than I have been the last couple ones I've played. I'll still be active every day, it's just a matter of having not as much time as in the past with classes.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby StarWatcher009 » 08 Sep 2017, 18:45

I'm not really sure about my scumtell, or what it would be seeing as I've never played scum; at least online. I imagine I'd speak less and be less confrontational. That's what happens to me when I'm nervous, which I would be if I was scum, before every post I made. I'd also probably try and force posts when I don't really have something to say, to try and appear not to be lurking.

I like the proposed plan about limiting lynches. A dead person reborn has a 1/5 chance of being scum whereas the first life people have a 2/7 from the get go.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
StarWatcher009

Standard rating: (1021)
All-game rating: (1406)

Postby shadowface » 08 Sep 2017, 19:21

GRRRRR... didn't scumZip say exactly this to me a few games ago? I just like being able to navigate the thread. :lol:

sjg11 wrote:What do you think is your main scumtell?

That there are mysteriously no nightkills because I am paranoid about getting caught.
Also, I have trouble placing votes as scum. It freaks me out and I often push it off to long.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads