Mafia CLXIII: Insider - Game Over -- Insider Wins!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Insider: Phase 2

Postby condude1 » 07 Aug 2017, 18:32

Joe, in the post you made the guesses, do you make any mention of these suspicions?

Also, you say we all knew our guesses would be analyzed carefully. Sure, but not nearly as carefully as the correct answer. Your citation etc. is over the top for just two more random guesses.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Telleo » 07 Aug 2017, 18:55

FWIW I see "Apartment House" in all five of the top results Joe posted.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zoomzip » 07 Aug 2017, 19:11

++There are approximately 6 hours of debate remaining.
++There are approximately 7 hours remaining to cast a vote.

>> Is JoeHoya06 the Insider?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby JoeHoya06 » 07 Aug 2017, 19:26

condude1 wrote:Joe, in the post you made the guesses, do you make any mention of these suspicions?

The suspicions were just that until i knew what the answer was, so no, I saved it for the trial phase. If neither of those were the answer, then my suspicions would be unfounded, and therefore not worth the time. It would not be the first time one of my grand plans fell apart almost immediately upon deployment, and it won't be the last. It's only Monday, after all.
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159

Postby sjg11 » 07 Aug 2017, 19:42

beavis wrote:
sjg11 wrote: Yet he didn't, he guessed the answer after a Google search. Am I the only one who thinks that that's a bit of a risk for insider Joe? Why stick your neck out when you don't have to? Seems like atypical Insider play to me... actually typing this up makes me think that Joe ISN'T the Insider in this case. .

Yeah I don't think that the fact eh brought up googling is relevant because four of us were googling anyway for words which could work, and as he said it was on the first page of results a few times, and so could have just got lucky. There wasn't many words left to check and availability of people meant that trying any phrase is a valid method for any player.

Sorry you misunderstand me. Given that condude had lain out the charades method for solving things, Joe could have just continued that and nudged us closer to the correct answer without throwing himself into the frying-pan. Instead, if Joe is the Insider, he threw himself into the spotlight when he could have ensured that we would get to the right answer without doing so. Hence my townread on Joe. Mafia normally don't like launching themselves into the spotlight.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby sjg11 » 07 Aug 2017, 19:53

condude1 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Honestly my biggest concern currently is condude. He did leave before the end of the day but he had also left an instruction manual in the thread for how to find the answer quickly if we had to. He was sorted for answering the question, if we got stuck we just needed to Charades it and we were sorted. And he's now immediately in on, in my view, the likely patsy for this game Joe. Now... sjg doesn't like condude. He doesn't like condude at all.

Sorry, do you actually have a reason to scumread me? I'm voting for someone you view as an easy vote, and... I left before EOD? That's weak Sjg, ESPECIALLY since you are clearly OK with a Joe vote - you considered it yourself! Why do you think charadesing it would attract less attention than googling it? We'd said repeatedly how anti-town charadesing it was.

Also, how are you differentiating Keirador and myself WRT EOD play?

1. Yes, I feel like you're going after an easy target for weak reasons. I haven't seen anything better that catches my eye. In particular I'm really not liking the fact that you keep hammering away at Joe. You seem really confident that Joe's the Insider and I don't get how your head's getting there. And the scum narrative fits your play yesterday like a glove although I accept that this isn't indicative.
2. I was stating why I wasn't townreading you not why I was scumreading you with regards to my comments about EoD. Largely, you had left an instruction manual behind in the thread while Keirador hadn't. You could easily have been subtly ensuring the town reached the right conclusion while I don't see that in Keirador's play.
3. I am no longer ok with a Joe vote. I considered it and, barring a strong counter-case, I reject the Joe as Insider theory.
4. At EoD with not much time left charadesing it was easily justifiable. We had said, with the exception of Keirador, that charadesing was fine when we were getting short on time. You yourself were starting to swing in that direction to play it safe. So, yes, in that context I think that charadesing it was safer than randomly spouting the right answer in the thread.
5. Already explained why I'm differentiating between you and Keirador.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 07 Aug 2017, 19:56

condude1 wrote:Joe, in the post you made the guesses, do you make any mention of these suspicions?

Also, you say we all knew our guesses would be analyzed carefully. Sure, but not nearly as carefully as the correct answer. Your citation etc. is over the top for just two more random guesses.

No, you're not listening to Joe. Joe said he stated he had Google searched partly because he found it odd that you and Keirador hadn't noticed the phrase "apartment house" when you searched. And partly to show his working.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby beavis » 07 Aug 2017, 20:06

Considering sjg just said he isn't ok with a Joe vote can everyone in one word say who they would like to vote for in yellow so we can see which page people are on? You don't have to say why or anything.

Telleo

Edit: god no not yellow. green
beavis

All-game rating: (852)

Postby Telleo » 07 Aug 2017, 20:41

beavis wrote:Considering sjg just said he isn't ok with a Joe vote can everyone in one word say who they would like to vote for in yellow so we can see which page people are on? You don't have to say why or anything.

Telleo

Edit: god no not yellow. green

I disagree that you don't have to say why.

Currently, I'd vote Condude. I'm not a fan of his engagement with me early-midgame. I'm not a fan of his switch to Sjgs plan. And as Sjg said, there are moments where his engagement seems off, as in the post where he left instructions to get to the phrase even though he'd been vehemently against such tactics in thread. I'll post a more detailed case should we move the game to that state, but presently I'm voting to absolve Joe.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

All-game rating: (908)

Postby Keirador » 07 Aug 2017, 20:42

condude as your colleague on the "Googled it, didn't find it" line here, could you go into a bit more detail on that process? I did briefly and will again.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads