Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 4)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 00:49

Zoomzip wrote:Chronological Order
Thu Jul 20, 2017 02:21 GMT: shirt (1) by kimbyrle
Thu Jul 20, 2017 02:33 GMT: Shadowfriend1 (1) by Zoomzip
Thu Jul 20, 2017 02:58 GMT: Shadow (2) by asudevil
Thu Jul 20, 2017 03:53 GMT: UDC (1) by Harb
Thu Jul 20, 2017 07:38 GMT: Zoomzip (1) by Telleo
Thu Jul 20, 2017 19:24 GMT: UDC (2) by shadowfriend1
Thu Jul 20, 2017 23:56 GMT: ZoomZip (2) by shirt
Fri Jul 21, 2017 05:47 GMT: Shadowfriend1 (3) by UpsideDownChuck
Fri Jul 21, 2017 15:59 GMT: shadowfriend1 (4) by kimbyrle off of shirt (0)
Sat Jul 22, 2017 18:36 GMT: UpsideDownChuck (3) by Keirador
Sat Jul 22, 2017 22:45 GMT: shirt (1) by Zoomzip off of shadowfriend1 (3)
Sat Jul 22, 2017 23:11 GMT: ZoomZip (3) by Keirador off of UpsideDownChuck (2)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 01:04 GMT: Zoomzip (4) by shadowfriend1 off of UpsideDownChuck (1)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 01:15 GMT: UDC (2) by Keirador off of Zoomzip (3)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 02:03 GMT: SF1 (4) by Harb off of UpsideDownChuck (1)

This is why i thought ZZ was in the lead based on tiebreakers. Is that he was briefly at 4 votes, which is more than SF, and I thought once you were in the lead you were lynched in a tie until someone else overtook the leaderspot.

Anyway I'm back for a bit
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 00:52

Doesn't SF know that ZZ is going to vote her in self defense? It seems like she may have thought she was most likely dead no matter what (certainly not surviving the whole game) and decided to act strangely with her vote to cause some confusion or create this exact argument. At the end of the day this argument comes down to "I think UDC is a wolf because SF told me so (via her actions)", which, if you're town, it's worth reminding yourself that she wasn't on your team.
UpsideDownChuck

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 00:53

@ZZ, asu's been on UDC all day. I don't mean voting, I do mean asu has had a strong, public, unwavering scumread of UDC aaaalll daaaaay. It's not just a dare that asu is unlikely to follow through on, and part of the reason asu has a scumread on SF in the first place is that he's skeptical about her not voting her claimed scumread UDC. If UDC is town, shadowfriend has a ton to gain and nothing to lose by trying to switch there.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:00

UpsideDownChuck wrote:Doesn't SF know that ZZ is going to vote her in self defense? It seems like she may have thought she was most likely dead no matter what (certainly not surviving the whole game) and decided to act strangely with her vote to cause some confusion or create this exact argument. At the end of the day this argument comes down to "I think UDC is a wolf because SF told me so (via her actions)", which, if you're town, it's worth reminding yourself that she wasn't on your team.

I can follow this, sure. Problem is, your current counter-lynch is "I dunno, somebody who isn't town-cleared?" If you're town I'm sympathetic, but I really hope you're not.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 2)

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 01:01

Ok, rereading asu's d2 -- this is the most anti-UDC he gets. He has like 20 other posts just flat out destroying SF1. This is the closest he is to UDC all day.

Just, take a quick spin through ASU's D2 and you'll see what I mean. 80% of it is on SF1, there are some other reads, and maybe 2 total anti-UDC posts.

Keir, I think you are confusing D3 ASU with D2.

asudevil wrote:
UpsideDownChuck wrote:
What's the basis of your suspicion on me exactly? You said it was the Conq vote but if I recall correctly you were set on me being a wolf before that. At the moment I'm townreading you a little for telling Kim to get ZZ on the phone and wake him up, because I think wolves are less brazen about doing angleshooty stuff like that, (and some of your other engagement around then sounds sincerish, to be fair) but your notoriously accurate nose has been wrong on me and Conq so far.

I don't remember how I read you yesterday. I'd have to re-read to find out. But I think you were mainly in the neutral zone...But I don't like this "zen" version of you...and I can totally buy that as "Im scum and playing different...so let me make up this zen crap"

Then coupled with the Conq vote that seemed very convenient...and now the cross - vote with shadow. Yeah...if you 2 are our lynch leaders today...Im going to be pretty happy
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 01:04

Keirador wrote:
UpsideDownChuck wrote:Doesn't SF know that ZZ is going to vote her in self defense? It seems like she may have thought she was most likely dead no matter what (certainly not surviving the whole game) and decided to act strangely with her vote to cause some confusion or create this exact argument. At the end of the day this argument comes down to "I think UDC is a wolf because SF told me so (via her actions)", which, if you're town, it's worth reminding yourself that she wasn't on your team.

I can follow this, sure. Problem is, your current counter-lynch is "I dunno, somebody who isn't town-cleared?" If you're town I'm sympathetic, but I really hope you're not.

That shrug emoticon thing you like
UpsideDownChuck

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:05

ZZ, this asu's first post of D2. I don't know how you missed it if you're claiming you re-read his D2.

asudevil wrote:I re-read last night as well. I agree with Zoom Shadow didn't give a crap about who was going down yesterday.

Im not stunned SJG was killed last night because a lot of people? town read him. But at the same time he put the hammer vote down on a townie. So maybe he could have gotten a mislynch later.

My other issue was UDC's move off ZZ and onto Conq. I could totally see UDC being like "crap...I need to get off the ZZ lynch with my scum-chum Shadow and onto the most viable counter-lynch". His reasoning wasn't solid for the switch in my book. He seemed more sold early on a ZZ lynch than his reasoning for getting off the lynch. He was the one to really send that as the viable counterlynch and he was a guy pinging me off a bit.

So today I think my most likely lynches are UDC and Shadow. It will take a pretty stupid slip for me to desire to get off one of them
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:06

UpsideDownChuck wrote:
Keirador wrote:

That shrug emoticon thing you like

Shruggie!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But like if you're town do you have some parting thoughts on who it is? Or just lost? I get lost. I'm lost if you're town.
Keirador

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 01:06

Zoomzip wrote:Ok, rereading asu's d2 -- this is the most anti-UDC he gets. He has like 20 other posts just flat out destroying SF1. This is the closest he is to UDC all day.

Just, take a quick spin through ASU's D2 and you'll see what I mean. 80% of it is on SF1, there are some other reads, and maybe 2 total anti-UDC posts.

Keir, I think you are confusing D3 ASU with D2.

asudevil wrote:
UpsideDownChuck wrote:
What's the basis of your suspicion on me exactly? You said it was the Conq vote but if I recall correctly you were set on me being a wolf before that. At the moment I'm townreading you a little for telling Kim to get ZZ on the phone and wake him up, because I think wolves are less brazen about doing angleshooty stuff like that, (and some of your other engagement around then sounds sincerish, to be fair) but your notoriously accurate nose has been wrong on me and Conq so far.

I don't remember how I read you yesterday. I'd have to re-read to find out. But I think you were mainly in the neutral zone...But I don't like this "zen" version of you...and I can totally buy that as "Im scum and playing different...so let me make up this zen crap"

Then coupled with the Conq vote that seemed very convenient...and now the cross - vote with shadow. Yeah...if you 2 are our lynch leaders today...Im going to be pretty happy

This is maybe dumb of me to point out but I think he expressed high certainty that SF and I were scumchums D2. In fact during last night when i thought he was a wolf I thought that made sense as a way of setting up a mislynch to domino off that bussing
UpsideDownChuck

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 01:07

I mean. . . bringing things full circle here UDC. . . if it ain't you and it ain't me, I think it's more likely ZZ. Busing happened, and the plan to bus was there from N0.
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads