Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 4)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 01:54

Zoomzip wrote:Like, the best argument you have on Harb is the incongruity of his D2 read based on a N1 result. How is that worse than "I was secretly against SF1 the entire time I just never told you or voted it?". Idgi

I understood K's comment to mean that if he had to choose between you and SF, he would have chosen to lynch SF, but he preferred a lynch on me and was trying to get that going. I don't know, it's possible it's a lie, although it's kind of a bold one. It looked like he was trying hard to lobby for a lynch on me, which while incorrect is a valid reason to not vote SF1. Maybe I'm looking at his D2 voting wrong. To my mind, a scum would either try to save their partner (in this case that could be either staying on you or lobbying harder for me) and not vote off wagon.

As far as my vote on Harb. Two points I'd add are that 1) Harb made a case on me D2 at least partially around my Conq vote which felt like, to borrow a phrase from Crunkus, maing a silk purse of a sow's ear. And 2) condude1 has represented a high degree of certainty in my lynch worthyness that is incongrous with the understanding he's shown of th evidence against me. He still hasn't defended his 'desperate to lynch anyone else' comment
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 01:59

EBWOP: either try to save their partner, or bus. of which Keirador seemed to do neither. Forgot to finish that sentence
UpsideDownChuck

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 02:03

Zoomzip wrote:
Keirador wrote:
Zoomzip wrote: How is that worse than "I was secretly against SF1 the entire time I just never told you or voted it?". Idgi

That in reference to me? Ok so... when i repeatedly and strenuously claimed townreads for staying up on the zz/conq lynch... who do you think that analysis implicated? SF certainly seemed to grasp it.

The why put your vote where you did? What was the point of that?

Dude. . . all of this is in thread. You didn't like my analysis and didn't find it valuable so you didn't track it, and now you're representing yourself as finding me odd for acting without reason or justification, as if your disregard for said justification means it never happened.

UDC was repeatedly, explicitly excused from the "staying up late is a townread," for a couple reasons. First, he plays at those hours pretty regularly, so I don't think he actually sacrificed anything by staying up late on the lynch. He's a night owl. Second, I think UDC is particularly likely to. . . I don't necessarily want to call it "metagame," but I believe that as scum he has an unusual tendency to incorporate what a different player might consider non-game aspects of his behavior into a scum role.

I have also already said that while I was quite fine with SF going down, I DON'T generally like runaway lynches because they don't generate much information. Given my scumread on both, I preferred a real race.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 02:13

ZZ a part of why I'm reluctant to vote Keirador is that his posting has been villagery. Call it a zeitgeist read or whatever.

Harb on the other hand has had wolfy posting in a few places, it's something I only really notice when I'm engaging with him, but yeah I'll see if I can find examples. Condude has definitely been wolfy in ways not excused by him not being caught up. If nothing else you guys need to hold him accountable for actually knowing what's going on tomorrow.
UpsideDownChuck

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 02:14

If it's not Udc.

Udc thinks it is condude
Zz thinks it is Keir
Keir thinks it is zz
ASU thinks it is (will require research)
Condude thinks it is ???

This is weird.

Udc-- If this game goes on, and I'm alive, I'll think about it.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby condude1 » 31 Jul 2017, 02:26

Keirador wrote:I mean. . . bringing things full circle here UDC. . . if it ain't you and it ain't me, I think it's more likely ZZ. Busing happened, and the plan to bus was there from N0.

This would be horrible, because there's no way I win a LYLO vs. ZZ.

If it's not UDC, it's almost definitely Keir. If it's not him, I'm going to be in a world of hurt in LYLO.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 31 Jul 2017, 02:29

condude1 wrote:
Keirador wrote:I mean. . . bringing things full circle here UDC. . . if it ain't you and it ain't me, I think it's more likely ZZ. Busing happened, and the plan to bus was there from N0.

If it's not UDC, it's almost definitely Keir. If it's not him, I'm going to be in a world of hurt in LYLO.

I feel like an assumption regarding NK's belies this post. Is that correct?
UpsideDownChuck

Postby condude1 » 31 Jul 2017, 02:32

UpsideDownChuck wrote:
condude1 wrote:

I feel like an assumption regarding NK's belies this post. Is that correct?

Oh yeah, Keir's BP. So the only LYLO in which ZZ and I are both alive includes Keir. That's not a fun one either. Still bad, but you're right that I was wrong there.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby asudevil » 31 Jul 2017, 02:37

Zoomzip wrote:But Keir' argument is... they don't make the move because UDC is scum, so they can't move in tandem there lest they lose their buddy...

Ok...

But... they also can't move if he's town, right? SF1 has cover to move back, but shirt's got nothing. If they both move, and UDC flips town, then shirt looks hella scummy for ignoring the UDC case all frickin day, coming back into thread and prattling about me, and then blind voting UDC.

So they're frozen regardless of UDC's alignment? I think?

But Keir and I said we would go UDC if SF did
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 02:38

asudevil wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:But Keir' argument is... they don't make the move because UDC is scum, so they can't move in tandem there lest they lose their buddy...

Ok...

But... they also can't move if he's town, right? SF1 has cover to move back, but shirt's got nothing. If they both move, and UDC flips town, then shirt looks hella scummy for ignoring the UDC case all frickin day, coming back into thread and prattling about me, and then blind voting UDC.

So they're frozen regardless of UDC's alignment? I think?

But Keir and I said we would go UDC if SF did

Ok then. I am
Wrong about this.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads