Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 4)

Postby condude1 » 30 Jul 2017, 22:00

It makes sense. As scum, it's common to distance against a buddy who gets a vote. The fact that she wouldn't jump back on UDC seems like scum getting caught in a vote they didn't want to make. This holds doubly true if they were planning on pushing UDC through to the endgame.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Keirador » 30 Jul 2017, 23:47

Re: the silence, I'm not sure who is expected to be talking and isn't. I've put my thoughts in thread and gotten a pretty paltry response, so what am I supposed to do, repeat myself? Condude has back-reading to do, ZZ's taking the stoic silent observer position, asu's not delving into reads at all, but never does, and he's basically cleared town, and UDC appears to be representing as busy, regardless.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Zoomzip » 30 Jul 2017, 23:53

Keirador wrote:Re: the silence, I'm not sure who is expected to be talking and isn't. I've put my thoughts in thread and gotten a pretty paltry response, so what am I supposed to do, repeat myself? Condude has back-reading to do, ZZ's taking the stoic silent observer position, asu's not delving into reads at all, but never does, and he's basically cleared town, and UDC appears to be representing as busy, regardless.

I guess... I dunno, Keir, I'm reading you, and trying to engage, not sure what you feel like has been neglected? But I'm here, what is neglected from your thoughts in your POV?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Keirador » 30 Jul 2017, 23:54

UpsideDownChuck wrote:
Right now my biggest issue with keirador is that he still reported holding a ZZ scum!read during N2. I know he says that we only know this because he told us. But I don't buy that as a defense. At a fundamental level wolves are trying to fake solving a puzzle that they already know the answers too, and that is difficult sometimes to do convincingly, and so they sometimes arrive at conclusions that don't make any sense from the perspective of someone actually trying to figure stuff out. To me it seems sufficiently unlikely that SF was bussing ZZ two days in a row that it ought to move ZZ down a little in the triage, if not outright clear him, when she flipped wolf. I also think this becomes extra apparent if you think about the EOD2 voting, which Keirador was present for, although it's plausible I guess that he might have not thought about that in depth.

I said that I conditionally shot him, not that he was my #1 scumread. Worst case scenario, he still flips town and we have better info on the lynches as he was involved in both.

At the time of the order, I really wasn't thinking much about how SF's interactions with him would influence things. I was on mobile, and also pretty sure I wasn't going to be passed the gonne anyway.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 30 Jul 2017, 23:56

Zoomzip wrote:
Keirador wrote:Re: the silence, I'm not sure who is expected to be talking and isn't. I've put my thoughts in thread and gotten a pretty paltry response, so what am I supposed to do, repeat myself? Condude has back-reading to do, ZZ's taking the stoic silent observer position, asu's not delving into reads at all, but never does, and he's basically cleared town, and UDC appears to be representing as busy, regardless.

I guess... I dunno, Keir, I'm reading you, and trying to engage, not sure what you feel like has been neglected? But I'm here, what is neglected from your thoughts in your POV?

Saying "that's interesting" isn't really engagement. Do you actually have deeper thoughts on the moments I've pointed out, beyond saying it's probably town-indicative ON ME that I'm townreading Harb at this point? That's a meta point about me, not actual engagement on the arguments.
Keirador

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 4)de

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 00:00

Keirador wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:

Saying "that's interesting" isn't really engagement. Do you actually have deeper thoughts on the moments I've pointed out, beyond saying it's probably town-indicative ON ME that I'm townreading Harb at this point? That's a meta point about me, not actual engagement on the arguments.

Ok, sorry, wasn't clear. I actually kind of dig the reasonining for thinking Harb/dude get town points for sf1 pushing a "keep Angua dead" philosophy. It is a connection i had not made, and I think it does suggest some view that scum knew Angua was town. I'm actually in favor of it, but didn't want to say that at the moment, so that's why you got a "that's interesting"

Also... along those lines, while i threw shade about Harb voting to save me too late on D1, he was also the intellectual driver against shirt most of that day. Now, that could be the kind of argument harb likes to have as scum, but it also destabilized and illuminated a potential scum buddy. Shirt's persistence was starting to look less like bullheadedness and more like deception. Shirt was weakened by those interactions with harb.

Zoomzip

Postby Zoomzip » 31 Jul 2017, 00:02

Also, fwiw, i asked wyse some questions about what happens if a person holding the gonne is killed at night. He refused to answer on the basis that it was a stealthy way about asking if redirects could happen. He just noted that the rules don't address it, so make of that what you will.

Zoomzip

Postby asudevil » 31 Jul 2017, 00:05

Keirador wrote:asu's not delving into reads at all, but never does, and he's basically cleared town,

If UDC is town...Ill have a LOT of work to do to figure out who is scum. But I don't think it will matter...cause he isn't
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 00:10

asudevil wrote:
Keirador wrote:asu's not delving into reads at all, but never does, and he's basically cleared town,

If UDC is town...Ill have a LOT of work to do to figure out who is scum. But I don't think it will matter...cause he isn't

Sure, but it was your complaint that the town was too quiet. Youre part of why its quiet
Keirador

Re: Mafia CLXII: Men-At-Arms - Game Thread (Day 4)de

Postby Keirador » 31 Jul 2017, 00:13

Zoomzip wrote:
Ok, sorry, wasn't clear. I actually kind of dig the reasonining for thinking Harb/dude get town points for sf1 pushing a "keep Angua dead" philosophy. It is a connection i had not made, and I think it does suggest some view that scum knew Angua was town. I'm actually in favor of it, but didn't want to say that at the moment, so that's why you got a "that's interesting"

Also... along those lines, while i threw shade about Harb voting to save me too late on D1, he was also the intellectual driver against shirt most of that day. Now, that could be the kind of argument harb likes to have as scum, but it also destabilized and illuminated a potential scum buddy. Shirt's persistence was starting to look less like bullheadedness and more like deception. Shirt was weakened by those interactions with harb.

Since we're all voting UDC is just not worth talking about the moment where SF could feasibly have swung the lynch against UDC?
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads