Mafia CLXI: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia - Scum Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:46

Actually think about your argument here. You're saying that because I didn't know your alignment, that makes me scum. When the town don't know alignments, but the scum do. Really think about how that one makes sense logically.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:47

I am genuinely flabbergasted by how this could make any sense to you.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:55

Like, take this:

GPD wrote:You've been reading me (correctly) as town all the way through the game. If you were town, you knew for sure after I intervened between you and Joe, and you backed off shadow as soon as I did the same. And anyway, I am saying you are mafia, so that's the obvious reason right now.

Think this through logically, and how does it make any sense?

1) How could I possibly know for sure that you were town after you intervened between me and Joe? Yes I thought it was more likely a town action than a scum one, but it's not enough to completely town clear you.

2) Show me where my backing off of shadow came at the same time as you? I backed off of shadow some towards EOD yesterday, and more today, after having time to think about how my case didn't make as much sense as I thought it did. If you're going to claim I'm mirroring your actions, show me where you backed off shadow and I followed. Because in my memory, you were on condude yesterday, not shadow.

3) "The reason you are mafia is because you are mafia." This is the same problem with your condude vote. You're working in reverse. You're working with "I think this person is mafia, so everything they do is because they're mafia, further proving my point." It's circular logic, and it's exactly the way that mafia go about building cases most of the time. Whether you're town or mafia, this is terrible case building and worse logic.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 10:02

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I am genuinely flabbergasted by how this could make any sense to you.

Well it does. If you vote me out this day, you lose if you are town, and you win if you are scum.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3859
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 10:03

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I am genuinely flabbergasted by how this could make any sense to you.

Well it does. If you vote me out this day, you lose if you are town, and you win if you are scum.

The same could be said for all four of us, so. Not sure how this is really relevant specifically to your case, or to how it makes a lick of sense.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 10:04

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Like, take this:

GPD wrote:You've been reading me (correctly) as town all the way through the game. If you were town, you knew for sure after I intervened between you and Joe, and you backed off shadow as soon as I did the same. And anyway, I am saying you are mafia, so that's the obvious reason right now.

Think this through logically, and how does it make any sense?

1) How could I possibly know for sure that you were town after you intervened between me and Joe? Yes I thought it was more likely a town action than a scum one, but it's not enough to completely town clear you.

2) Show me where my backing off of shadow came at the same time as you? I backed off of shadow some towards EOD yesterday, and more today, after having time to think about how my case didn't make as much sense as I thought it did. If you're going to claim I'm mirroring your actions, show me where you backed off shadow and I followed. Because in my memory, you were on condude yesterday, not shadow.

3) "The reason you are mafia is because you are mafia." This is the same problem with your condude vote. You're working in reverse. You're working with "I think this person is mafia, so everything they do is because they're mafia, further proving my point." It's circular logic, and it's exactly the way that mafia go about building cases most of the time. Whether you're town or mafia, this is terrible case building and worse logic.

1) You did
2) You backed off shadow after I called that you were town vs town and votred on condude
3) No, you are just trying to rubbish my argument again
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3859
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 10:05

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I am genuinely flabbergasted by how this could make any sense to you.

Well it does. If you vote me out this day, you lose if you are town, and you win if you are scum.

The same could be said for all four of us, so.

Not if you are mafia
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3859
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 10:06

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Like, take this:

GPD wrote:You've been reading me (correctly) as town all the way through the game. If you were town, you knew for sure after I intervened between you and Joe, and you backed off shadow as soon as I did the same. And anyway, I am saying you are mafia, so that's the obvious reason right now.

Think this through logically, and how does it make any sense?

1) How could I possibly know for sure that you were town after you intervened between me and Joe? Yes I thought it was more likely a town action than a scum one, but it's not enough to completely town clear you.

2) Show me where my backing off of shadow came at the same time as you? I backed off of shadow some towards EOD yesterday, and more today, after having time to think about how my case didn't make as much sense as I thought it did. If you're going to claim I'm mirroring your actions, show me where you backed off shadow and I followed. Because in my memory, you were on condude yesterday, not shadow.

3) "The reason you are mafia is because you are mafia." This is the same problem with your condude vote. You're working in reverse. You're working with "I think this person is mafia, so everything they do is because they're mafia, further proving my point." It's circular logic, and it's exactly the way that mafia go about building cases most of the time. Whether you're town or mafia, this is terrible case building and worse logic.

Oh, and 4) I've town read all three of you for good chunks of this game, condude for even longer than I have you and shadow was my first or second highest town read for a good two days...so why does this logic only apply to me voting you, but not when I voted for shadow, or had suspicion of condude?
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 10:07

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Like, take this:

GPD wrote:You've been reading me (correctly) as town all the way through the game. If you were town, you knew for sure after I intervened between you and Joe, and you backed off shadow as soon as I did the same. And anyway, I am saying you are mafia, so that's the obvious reason right now.

Think this through logically, and how does it make any sense?

1) How could I possibly know for sure that you were town after you intervened between me and Joe? Yes I thought it was more likely a town action than a scum one, but it's not enough to completely town clear you.

2) Show me where my backing off of shadow came at the same time as you? I backed off of shadow some towards EOD yesterday, and more today, after having time to think about how my case didn't make as much sense as I thought it did. If you're going to claim I'm mirroring your actions, show me where you backed off shadow and I followed. Because in my memory, you were on condude yesterday, not shadow.

3) "The reason you are mafia is because you are mafia." This is the same problem with your condude vote. You're working in reverse. You're working with "I think this person is mafia, so everything they do is because they're mafia, further proving my point." It's circular logic, and it's exactly the way that mafia go about building cases most of the time. Whether you're town or mafia, this is terrible case building and worse logic.

Oh, and 4) I've town read all three of you for good chunks of this game, condude for even longer than I have you and shadow was my first or second highest town read for a good two days...so why does this logic only apply to me voting you, but not when I voted for shadow, or had suspicion of condude?
I posted my logic. I don't expect you to buy into it, as I am accusing you, but I am not going to keep repeating myself.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3859
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 10:10

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Like, take this:

GPD wrote:You've been reading me (correctly) as town all the way through the game. If you were town, you knew for sure after I intervened between you and Joe, and you backed off shadow as soon as I did the same. And anyway, I am saying you are mafia, so that's the obvious reason right now.

Think this through logically, and how does it make any sense?

1) How could I possibly know for sure that you were town after you intervened between me and Joe? Yes I thought it was more likely a town action than a scum one, but it's not enough to completely town clear you.

2) Show me where my backing off of shadow came at the same time as you? I backed off of shadow some towards EOD yesterday, and more today, after having time to think about how my case didn't make as much sense as I thought it did. If you're going to claim I'm mirroring your actions, show me where you backed off shadow and I followed. Because in my memory, you were on condude yesterday, not shadow.

3) "The reason you are mafia is because you are mafia." This is the same problem with your condude vote. You're working in reverse. You're working with "I think this person is mafia, so everything they do is because they're mafia, further proving my point." It's circular logic, and it's exactly the way that mafia go about building cases most of the time. Whether you're town or mafia, this is terrible case building and worse logic.

1) You did
2) You backed off shadow after I called that you were town vs town and votred on condude
3) No, you are just trying to rubbish my argument again

1) I did what? Town clear you? No, I town read you. Big difference.
2) I genuinely can't tell if you're delusional, or just so far up your own ass that you can't tell what's happening in the outside world. I'm also not sure it matters.
3) Uh, well yeah, I am trying to rubbish your case. Because it's a bad case. And it's against me, so obviously I'm going to point out why it's flawed. Me being biased here doesn't make me wrong.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

cron