Mafia CLXI: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia - Scum Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 10:12

GPD wrote:[quote="Nanook"Oh, and 4) I've town read all three of you for good chunks of this game, condude for even longer than I have you and shadow was my first or second highest town read for a good two days...so why does this logic only apply to me voting you, but not when I voted for shadow, or had suspicion of condude?
I posted my logic. I don't expect you to buy into it, as I am accusing you, but I am not going to keep repeating myself.[/quote]
Well no, you haven't actually answered this question. Why does this logic only apply to you, and not to condude or shadow?
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 10:19

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
GPD wrote:[quote="Nanook"Oh, and 4) I've town read all three of you for good chunks of this game, condude for even longer than I have you and shadow was my first or second highest town read for a good two days...so why does this logic only apply to me voting you, but not when I voted for shadow, or had suspicion of condude?
I posted my logic. I don't expect you to buy into it, as I am accusing you, but I am not going to keep repeating myself.

Well no, you haven't actually answered this question. Why does this logic only apply to you, and not to condude or shadow?[/quote]
Unless GPD wants to get his head out of his ass long enough to answer this question, I think I'm done with this engagement. All it's serving to do is spin us in circles and piss me off, so there's no point in continuing it that I can see.

I'm fairly comfortable that GPD or condude is the scum here. I'm not going to try and lynch condude for no better reason than paranoia, so I'm about as comfortable as I'm gonna get with my vote. I'll keep checking in, but with shadow and probably condude too gone through EOD, I'm pretty much good to go at this point, barring some sort of overnight epiphany.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 10:29

nanooktheeskimo wrote:3) Uh, well yeah, I am trying to rubbish your case. Because it's a bad case. And it's against me, so obviously I'm going to point out why it's flawed. Me being biased here doesn't make me wrong.

Oh, yeah, I can see now that your case against me is a masterpiece. It's so convincing, you even convinced me I am mafia. I think I will change my vote to GPD.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 4144
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 10:36

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:3) Uh, well yeah, I am trying to rubbish your case. Because it's a bad case. And it's against me, so obviously I'm going to point out why it's flawed. Me being biased here doesn't make me wrong.

Oh, yeah, I can see now that your case against me is a masterpiece. It's so convincing, you even convinced me I am mafia. I think I will change my vote to GPD.

Ok.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby condude1 » 01 Jul 2017, 11:20

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:So for clarity's sake, your case against me is my voting record?

No, it's your vote against me that has changed things for me. You shouldn't have voted for me if you are town, as you know damn well I am town.


What in the world? If you are town, and you think he knows your alignment, he should be pretty much cleared town.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby condude1 » 01 Jul 2017, 11:20

Uh, backwards. If he doesn't know your alignment he's cleared town.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 11:24

condude1 wrote:Uh, backwards. If he doesn't know your alignment he's cleared town.

I'm saying he is mafia. But I was saying he knows very well that I am town just from my interactions. I get that it can't be 100%, but he had no reason to vote for me. You did, as I got on your case, and I think Shadow followed you, as she believes strongly that you are town read.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 4144
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 12:01

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I'm fairly comfortable that GPD or condude is the scum here. I'm not going to try and lynch condude for no better reason than paranoia, so I'm about as comfortable as I'm gonna get with my vote. I'll keep checking in, but with shadow and probably condude too gone through EOD, I'm pretty much good to go at this point, barring some sort of overnight epiphany.

So the logic here, unless I am very much mistaken, and I'm sure you will point out that I am, is that you don't want to vote for condude, as the only reason you have is that you don't have a reason, and so by process of elimination, you are voting for me, based on the "fact" that you are not voting on condude, as that would just be paranoia?
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 4144
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 12:07

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I'm fairly comfortable that GPD or condude is the scum here. I'm not going to try and lynch condude for no better reason than paranoia, so I'm about as comfortable as I'm gonna get with my vote. I'll keep checking in, but with shadow and probably condude too gone through EOD, I'm pretty much good to go at this point, barring some sort of overnight epiphany.

So the logic here, unless I am very much mistaken, and I'm sure you will point out that I am, is that you don't want to vote for condude, as the only reason you have is that you don't have a reason, and so by process of elimination, you are voting for me, based on the "fact" that you are not voting on condude, as that would just be paranoia?

If I could follow your sentence here, I would answer. Instead of taking the time to untangle this and try to give an answer that will surely be ignored however, I'm just gonna tell you to read my posts today, because whatever it is you're trying to get at, the answer will most likely be there.

Ah hell, I'll give it a shot anyways.

So I *think* the answer, is that I don't want to vote condude because the best reason I have for thinking that condude is scum is that he's agreed with me too much. That's a shitty reason to vote for someone.

I'm voting you partly because of POE, and partly because of your play yesterday and today. Yes, part of it is POE--I no longer see shadow as likely to be scum, and I've been pretty clear that I'm not voting condude when my only real reason to think he's scum is that he's been agreeing with me too much. There are reasons I see you as scum. So I'm voting for that, because it's not an ironclad case, but it's the best I've got to go with.

Does that answer your question?

If it doesn't, feel free to go through my posts to find the answer you're looking for. It's most likely in there somewhere.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 12:13

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I'm fairly comfortable that GPD or condude is the scum here. I'm not going to try and lynch condude for no better reason than paranoia, so I'm about as comfortable as I'm gonna get with my vote. I'll keep checking in, but with shadow and probably condude too gone through EOD, I'm pretty much good to go at this point, barring some sort of overnight epiphany.

So the logic here, unless I am very much mistaken, and I'm sure you will point out that I am, is that you don't want to vote for condude, as the only reason you have is that you don't have a reason, and so by process of elimination, you are voting for me, based on the "fact" that you are not voting on condude, as that would just be paranoia?

If I could follow your sentence here, I would answer. Instead of taking the time to untangle this and try to give an answer that will surely be ignored however, I'm just gonna tell you to read my posts today, because whatever it is you're trying to get at, the answer will most likely be there.

Ah hell, I'll give it a shot anyways.

So I *think* the answer, is that I don't want to vote condude because the best reason I have for thinking that condude is scum is that he's agreed with me too much. That's a shitty reason to vote for someone.

I'm voting you partly because of POE, and partly because of your play yesterday and today. Yes, part of it is POE--I no longer see shadow as likely to be scum, and I've been pretty clear that I'm not voting condude when my only real reason to think he's scum is that he's been agreeing with me too much. There are reasons I see you as scum. So I'm voting for that, because it's not an ironclad case, but it's the best I've got to go with.

Does that answer your question?

If it doesn't, feel free to go through my posts to find the answer you're looking for. It's most likely in there somewhere.


So your case against me was based on my behaviour - if this is the case, you are being inconsistent with previous days, and on POE, which involves eliminating condude on the basis that you won't vote for him because it would be paranoid to do so. You are using a null read on condude as the main reason for voting for me. So that means between me and him, it is effectively 50/50. And you are prepared to take that risk, given that you all voted nolynch yesterday, as a 50/50 was too risky?
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
User avatar
Strategus
Premium Member
 
Posts: 4144
Joined: 30 May 2015, 14:30
Location: England
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests