Mafia CLXI: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia - Scum Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: A Completely Normal Game of Mafia

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 09:04

nanooktheeskimo wrote:At least I'm making and effort.
So am I.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 09:08

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Actually, I've been on record as being suspicious of you to some degree most days. I've just been willing to overlook it or write it off as new town until today, because your play yesterday and today looks scummier than Shadow and condude's do.

Read my ISO. Me thinking you could be scum shouldn't be surprising, not should me being willing to vote you today if I don't think Shadow is scum (which I no longer do).
This is the first time you have really come away from someone you had targeted. You were dead set on Shadow being scum, and now you have given that up to vote on me, when you are still not sure about me and you are willing to exclude Shadow on a POE, after all the evidence you presented against her? Smells wrong to me.

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:19

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Actually, I've been on record as being suspicious of you to some degree most days. I've just been willing to overlook it or write it off as new town until today, because your play yesterday and today looks scummier than Shadow and condude's do.

Read my ISO. Me thinking you could be scum shouldn't be surprising, not should me being willing to vote you today if I don't think Shadow is scum (which I no longer do).
This is the first time you have really come away from someone you had targeted. You were dead set on Shadow being scum, and now you have given that up to vote on me, when you are still not sure about me and you are willing to exclude Shadow on a POE, after all the evidence you presented against her? Smells wrong to me.

Evidence that I backed off of when it was shown to not be as strong as I thought it was. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and while she might be scum, the reasons I had for thinking she was scum didn't hold quite as much water as I thought they did.

I refuse to take heat for backing away from what was, in retrospect, not a very strong case. Especially from you of all people, who were giving me town points for it not even 24 hours ago, for fucks sake! If you want to ding me for the case itself, fine, but I refuse to accept criticism for backing away from a mediocre case that wasn't as strong as I thought it was as initially.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:19

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:At least I'm making and effort.
So am I.

:lol:
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:20

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Don't be a dick.

No need for that.

I agree there's no need for it. Hence why I told you not to be one. Because I will be a dick right back, and that's not productive for anyone.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 09:23

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
GPD wrote:

Evidence that I backed off of when it was shown to not be as strong as I thought it was. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and while she might be scum, the reasons I had for thinking she was scum didn't hold quite as much water as I thought they did.

I refuse to take heat for backing away from what was, in retrospect, not a very strong case. Especially from you of all people, who were giving me town points for it not even 24 hours ago, for fucks sake! If you want to ding me for the case itself, fine, but I refuse to accept criticism for backing away from a mediocre case that wasn't as strong as I thought it was as initially.

That was before you voted for me, when you know I am town. Like I think you knew Joe was town and shadow is town. That just changed things for me.

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:32

So for clarity's sake, your case against me is my voting record?
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 09:34

nanooktheeskimo wrote:So for clarity's sake, your case against me is my voting record?

No, it's your vote against me that has changed things for me. You shouldn't have voted for me if you are town, as you know damn well I am town.

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member

Postby Nanook » 01 Jul 2017, 09:39

GPD wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:So for clarity's sake, your case against me is my voting record?

No, it's your vote against me that has changed things for me. You shouldn't have voted for me if you are town, as you know damn well I am town.

And how in the hell does that make sense???! The only way I know you're town, is if I'm scum.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Strategus » 01 Jul 2017, 09:45

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
GPD wrote:

And how in the hell does that make sense???! The only way I know you're town, is if I'm scum.

You've been reading me (correctly) as town all the way through the game. If you were town, you knew for sure after I intervened between you and Joe, and you backed off shadow as soon as I did the same. And anyway, I am saying you are mafia, so that's the obvious reason right now.

I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Strategus
Premium Member