Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D4

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 13:22

Jack007 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:But if it is WIFOM then it's a lottery and no analysis of nanook is gonna be reliable? And if nanook's choices are reliable then it's not WIFOM?

Yes, I can't even say you are wrong. I think it's reliable, could also be twice WIFOM. But it's not important what I think, I know who is town as you know, too. It depends on Telleo and Zoomzip solely, and nothing I say would convince them.

But wasn't the self-vote an attempt to convince Telleo and ZZ that I should be the lynch today? So how, then, can nothing you say be able to convince them if they go down the wrong path?
I mean, I'm in a very comfortable and relaxed position actually. I even don't have to lie. And for any outcome whatsoever, I cannot be made responsible. For my personal win I made my pile already, as mentioned earlier. So what shall I say? I don't need to say anything. Any outcome makes it a successful game for me.

This is the type of attitude I'd expect from the Convert here.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D4

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 13:22

Jack007 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
Well, it was a try. With very modest success. You were provoked just a very tiny little bit. You said you would expect me better trolling than that.

:mrgreen:


Believe it or not, that particular comment was a joke. ;)


Yeah, I was very amused. And as in every good joke there was even a modicum of truth.
:)

As an aside, looks like a fun trip. As well as being a lot sunnier on the Isle of Man than it was up here yesterday.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 13:27

Zoomzip wrote:So, you know... Going into D4, I felt kinda certain that Nanook would probably target SJG. I mean, the willingness of the remaining town to vote Jack can't be questioned, and SJG has been able to clutch win as scum in some end game scenarios. So D4 I kept being surprised that Jack seemed to be the one thrown off course. I am basically of the same mind as of Telleo: Had this truly been a D4/D5 of equal parts, I would probably be voting SJG, but the weirdness of JAck's D4 doesn't play right. The "I can lead you to a solution on D5" also... doesn't need to be delayed until D5. Paranoid me would suggest he was looking to see if someone might suggest a narrative he could latch onto. Also, suggesting a draw seems... wrong.

I can't disagree with any of that. Like, I was surprised myself that I wasn't converted yesterday. But it was a smart play from nanook that really could have gained him the win.

Honestly, I think the key moment is the self-vote. Like, it makes sense as a Mafia move from a Jack who has just seen how effective a "too scummy to be scum" attitude can be in this game but I'm failing to see how it makes sense as town so far.

I also agree that the delay until Day Five is an issue. Like, what was he going to blow by talking about things earlier when me and nanook didn't react initially?

I don't think the draw stuff is indicative though, he was proposing it yesterday when he was town.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 13:28

Telleo wrote:Seems like a sweet trip Jack.

But I'm voting you now anyway. I think the attitude of "this is a win for me either way" is the kind of thing I might expect from a converted town player who thinks he's done a good job, but is now facing a loss if he's lynched as scum.

^This is something sjg agrees with.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 13:31

Jack007 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:

Anyways, Jack. Nice photos and I will be sure to note the following:

1) Nanook utterly outplayed me D1.
2) Jack as town was faster to the right answer than I was.


You're wrong, Zoomzip. I'm town. You'll have to add:

3) I terribly failed D3 and D5

:(

Jack:
Zip did not fail on Day 3, he got a toughish call right. Of course if you had co-operated at the start of the Day then he wouldn't have had to make that call in the first place. ;)

As for today... well as he's making the right call he cannot be failing. That said, even if him and Telleo get it wrong today that doesn't mean they "terribly failed". Wrong calls happen. It's part of playing the game.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 13:36

Jack007 wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
You're wrong, Zoomzip. I'm town. You'll have to add:

3) I terribly failed D3 and D5

:(


Correct: should be

3) I terribly failed D2 and D5

Alright, the condude lynch wasn't Zip's finest hour.

Although, again, if we hadn't been distracted by you not revealing for so long then maybe I spend more time engaging with Zip on nanook/Zubb and the condude lynch doesn't happen. This game isn't about pointing fingers, it's about working as a team to achieve a result. If a townie gets a key decision wrong... then the onus is, in most cases, as much on the rest of us as it is on him. Either for not being readable enough or not engaging enough. ;)
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Jack007 » 16 May 2017, 14:18

sjg11 wrote:
Jack007 wrote:I mean, I'm in a very comfortable and relaxed position actually. I even don't have to lie. And for any outcome whatsoever, I cannot be made responsible. For my personal win I made my pile already, as mentioned earlier. So what shall I say? I don't need to say anything. Any outcome makes it a successful game for me.

This is the type of attitude I'd expect from the Convert here.


It doesn't matter what you would expect. You KNOW that I am town.

So that's simply rubbish what you say here.

sjg11 wrote:
I also agree that the delay until Day Five is an issue. Like, what was he going to blow by talking about things earlier when me and nanook didn't react initially?


I said clearly "what I was going to blow by talking about that earlier". My reasoning is logic and comprehensible. Your denying of my reasoning is therefore hypocritical (German: scheinheilig).
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Switzerland (impassable) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1519
All-game rating: 1619
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 15:10

Jack007 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
I also agree that the delay until Day Five is an issue. Like, what was he going to blow by talking about things earlier when me and nanook didn't react initially?


I said clearly "what I was going to blow by talking about that earlier". My reasoning is logic and comprehensible. Your denying of my reasoning is therefore hypocritical (German: scheinheilig).

But your logic ISN'T comprehensible. That's the point I'm making here.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Jack007 » 16 May 2017, 17:13

sjg11 wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
I also agree that the delay until Day Five is an issue. Like, what was he going to blow by talking about things earlier when me and nanook didn't react initially?


I said clearly "what I was going to blow by talking about that earlier". My reasoning is logic and comprehensible. Your denying of my reasoning is therefore hypocritical (German: scheinheilig).

But your logic ISN'T comprehensible. That's the point I'm making here.


Luckily it's not to you, viewtopic.php?f=306&t=55289&start=1050#p902130 has to be comprehensible, but to Zoomzip and Telleo.

But what astonishes me in particular, is why you think you have something to prove to me, when in reality you already KNOW what fraction I belong to. So, why do you argue with me?
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
User avatar
Jack007
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 17:34
Location: Switzerland (impassable) ⛵ Instagram @jack060856
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1519
All-game rating: 1619
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby sjg11 » 16 May 2017, 17:22

Jack007 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Jack007 wrote:
I said clearly "what I was going to blow by talking about that earlier". My reasoning is logic and comprehensible. Your denying of my reasoning is therefore hypocritical (German: scheinheilig).

But your logic ISN'T comprehensible. That's the point I'm making here.


Luckily it's not to you, viewtopic.php?f=306&t=55289&start=1050#p902130 has to be comprehensible, but to Zoomzip and Telleo.

But what astonishes me in particular, is why you think you have something to prove to me, when in reality you already KNOW what fraction I belong to. So, why do you argue with me?

I'm pointing out to ZZ and Telleo the pieces of your argument which don't really make sense to me?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18112
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests