Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D5

Postby Jack007 » 15 May 2017, 11:42

Zoomzip wrote:... That being said, if yOu are nanook, this is a last chance play to pull off a win: who do you convert?

Yes, that's the the right path to the solution. As you cannot rely on what I say, neither what Sjg says, you must find something originating from outside of our words. And that could be indeed Nanook's motives for his choice who to convert and why. But of course here again one might spot WIFOM, as you did Telleo.

So maybe there's nothing left than a lottery ticket with a 50/50 chance, that's why I proposed a draw earlier, to which I would still agree if you do.
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1519
All-game rating: 1619
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby sjg11 » 15 May 2017, 13:44

Alright, I really don't envy you here Zip and Telleo. This really is a straight-up WIFOM type of situation. Me and Jack both have the same amount of information here so trying to find a behavioural indicator is going to be a challenge.

Personally, though, I'll direct your attention to Jack's self-vote yesterday. As a moment it makes a lot of sense if Jack is Mafia having seen how effective a "too anti-town to be scum" line of thought can be to try it again yesterday when he actually becomes Mafia. Alternatively it doesn't really make any sense as a play by town Jack.

Jack, he's Mafia.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sjg11 » 15 May 2017, 13:46

Telleo wrote:Well hello there all.

I'm leaning towards Jack over Sjg atm, primarily based off 1) Sjg just hunted down the other two scum and 2) Jack's tone in the last day. ZZ, your thoughts?

1. Is irrelevant unfortunately.
2. What do you think about the self-vote?
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Re: Walking Dead Mafia Game Thread D4

Postby Zoomzip » 15 May 2017, 16:44

Jack007 wrote:
What about "Dangit, I shoulda won as town, but now I gonna lose as town by a mislynch." ? Look, whatever I say, it can be read as town or as scum. There's no way how I can show you the truth. So there's no need and no benefit for me to discuss.

Only this: Nanook, Sjg and I know who are town or scum. So it's entirely up to you two, Telleo and Zoomzip, to make the decision. Any mislynch will end the game, win for scum. The chance is 50 %. You may chose to lynch Nanook first, so you will live for sure on D5, but then you face the same decision again: Sjg or Jack.

The self-vote has a certain reason, I can't tell you more now. Maybe, in D5 I might be able to show you a way, how to come eventually to the right decision. With emphasis to eventually.

Hey Jack, is is D5 -- I wanted to revisit this. Any chance?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Jack007 » 15 May 2017, 17:27

Zoomzip wrote:Hey Jack, is is D5 -- I wanted to revisit this. Any chance?

Sure, Zoomzip. The road I wanted to show you, was not to rely on my or Sig's words, but to consider how Nanook would choose and why. But you were quicker than me, so I could only agree on what you already said to Telleo. I couldn't propose that already on D4, because Nanook would have defended himself and with his great wording would have hypnotized you again.

The reason of the self vote? It was just a bait, I wanted to provoke you all, hoping to one or another emotional word, that could help you at your decision today. And secretly I hoped Sig and Nanook would jump on the train and vote Jack, so I could say look, they both vote against me. Then I again would have said: "Whoever votes Jack007 are the scum." I love such sentences with whoever... :)

But to no avail.
Member of the Honorables
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Postby sjg11 » 15 May 2017, 17:49

Jack007 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:Hey Jack, is is D5 -- I wanted to revisit this. Any chance?

Sure, Zoomzip. The road I wanted to show you, was not to rely on my or Sig's words, but to consider how Nanook would choose and why. But you were quicker than me, so I could only agree on what you already said to Telleo. I couldn't propose that already on D4, because Nanook would have defended himself and with his great wording would have hypnotized you again.

Wait a second... how can the best decision here be about what nanook would choose to do if, in your own words, nanook's decision is WIFOM and today is effectively a coin flip?
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 15 May 2017, 17:50

Jack007 wrote:
The reason of the self vote? It was just a bait, I wanted to provoke you all, hoping to one or another emotional word, that could help you at your decision today. And secretly I hoped Sig and Nanook would jump on the train and vote Jack, so I could say look, they both vote against me. Then I again would have said: "Whoever votes Jack007 are the scum." I love such sentences with whoever... :)

1. So you were trying to provoke me and nanook? What made you think that me and nanook would be successfully provoked by a Jack self-vote?
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Jack007 » 15 May 2017, 18:08

sjg11 wrote:Wait a second... how can the best decision here be about what nanook would choose to do if, in your own words, nanook's decision is WIFOM and today is effectively a coin flip?

Yes, you're right. If they (Telleo and Zoomzip) consider it WIFOM, then it's just a lottery guess. As I stated earlier on.
Member of the Honorables
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Postby Jack007 » 15 May 2017, 18:13

sjg11 wrote:
Jack007 wrote:

1. So you were trying to provoke me and nanook? What made you think that me and nanook would be successfully provoked by a Jack self-vote?

Well, it was a try. With very modest success. You were provoked just a very tiny little bit. You said you would expect me better trolling than that.

:mrgreen:
Member of the Honorables
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Postby sjg11 » 15 May 2017, 20:59

Jack007 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Wait a second... how can the best decision here be about what nanook would choose to do if, in your own words, nanook's decision is WIFOM and today is effectively a coin flip?

Yes, you're right. If they (Telleo and Zoomzip) consider it WIFOM, then it's just a lottery guess. As I stated earlier on.

But if it is WIFOM then it's a lottery and no analysis of nanook is gonna be reliable? And if nanook's choices are reliable then it's not WIFOM?
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

PreviousNext