Fable Mafia 9- Halloween- Day Twelve

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Fable Mafia 9- Halloween- Day Twelve

Postby sjg11 » 02 Mar 2017, 21:00

"So, I believe congratulations are in order! You won! One point to the good guys!"

The Vigil seems to be enthused, or as close to enthused as you imagine he ever gets, about the events of Fable 8. A glass of champagne appears in your hand as a prize. A quick taste, however, reveals that no money has actually been spent on your prize. It's incredibly how stingy immortal beings can be sometimes.

"Now then why don't we move onto the second challenge? Please walk through the portal to your left. Ignore the portal to your right, that's something else. Nasty business that, wars, suffering, general horror, you get the picture. Err... anyway.... quickly now, we all have other things to do t oday and we may as well get this show on the road. I'm sure we all went to see sjg being rescued from a fiery doom as quickly as possible. Well actually I'm completely impartial and don't actually care who wins this beyond wanting to spite the Host. Err... like I was saying I'm rooting for you guys."

You walk through the portal... and arrive back in Sunnydale. You all look wearily at the Vigil, clearly wondering if he couldn't have been a little bit more imaginative with his destination for the second challenge.

"Ah yes welcome back to Sunnydale. It's Halloween! My favourite festival of the year, see I just love TV Shows, preferably shows with heroes, villains, big battles and moments, destinies and prophecies. But mostly because it allows me to escape from the numbing drudgery of my existence. I mean, trying being the immortal being who has to spend his entire life watching shit happen, only ever being allowed to interfere very indirectly. It's boring. I need to escape once in a while."

"Anyway, as you can see chaos has ensued in this small town again. See, this year a certain someone known as Ethan Rayne has cast a little spell which has caused people to become their costumes. Personally I think it's brilliant, the perfect escape, and it makes a hell of a good challenge for the lot of you. Oh, and Ethan's not the only nasty thing lurking here, there are a particularly nasty group of vampires around as well. Rumour has it that they're led by a guy called Spike. Another rumour that they're led by a woman called Drusilla. Your challenge is simple. Find the bad guys and kill them before they kill you. Good luck! I really am rooting for you!"

You gather around the central square in Sunnydale to prepare for the first costume allocation.

I'll assign characters shortly (as they really don't matter to anything but they are fun) but I wanted to get this out of the way first. Night 0 will end at 7:00 PM GMT on 4th March 2017.

Sample role PMs:
Forces of Evil
You are one of the Forces of Evil working to undermine the town. You win when you have reached parity with the town and if Ethan Rayne is dead. Both victory conditions need to be met in order for you to win the game. You do not get an investigation tonight. You have two anonymous partners lurking in the town.

Night 0 will end on 4th March 2017 at 7 PM GMT. You have until then to submit your bids for Night 0.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. In the unlikely event that you have any constructive criticism for the game please feel free to mention it. In the far more likely event that you are overcome with a sudden desire to praise the game and the GM behind it please also feel free to mention it.

Forces of Good
You are a Force for Good in the town. You win when all of the Forces of Evil and Ethan Rayne have been identified and eliminated.

Night 0 will end on 4th March 2017 at 7 PM GMT. You have until then to submit your bids for Night 0.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. In the unlikely event that you have any constructive criticism for the game please feel free to mention it. In the far more likely event that you are overcome with a sudden desire to praise the game and the GM behind it please also feel free to mention it.

Ethan Rayne
You are Ethan Rayne. You win if you can force a Final 3 scenario through with one town, one Mafia and one you remaining. The Mafia are X, Y, and Z. The rest of them are town.

GAME MAP
End of Day One/Start of Day Two:http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&start=690#p894848
End of Day Two/Start of Day Three: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&start=1360#p895792
End of Day Three/Start of Day Four: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&p=896600#p896600
End of Day Four/Start of Day Five: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&start=2030#p897258
End of Day Five/Start of Day Six: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&p=897686#p897686
End of Day Six/Start of Day Seven: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&start=2370#p898085
End of Day Eight/Start of Day Nine: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&start=2510
End of Day Nine/Start of Day Ten: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&p=898919#p898919
End of Day Ten/Start of Day Eleven: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&start=2550#p899095
End of Day Eleven/Start of Day Twelve: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54894&p=899352#p899352
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable Mafia 9- Halloween

Postby Nanook » 02 Mar 2017, 22:59

Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 02 Mar 2017, 23:36

Whoops, forgot to lock it
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 04 Mar 2017, 21:58

And so the sun rises and the first day begins. The Vigil slowly fades away before saying "I'll be back later to count up the votes and figure out who's going to get removed first. Good luck guys!"

Day One of the game has now started. It will end on 7th March 2017 at 8 PM GMT.

Re-read the rules and enjoy the game. Rules link below for convenience as well as player roster:

Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ym42EfAnw3Y4mOZyjuG-RgqGA7mNp1ypO3K7eJAh47w/edit

Roster
1. condude1
2. asudevil
3. nanooktheeskimo
4. dodgy56
5. Zoomzip
6. Telleo/ Jordan767
7. JoeHoya06
8. GregorV/ Subotai45
9. Conq
10. justy
11. shadowfriend1
12. mhsmith0
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Re: Fable Mafia 9- Halloween- Day One

Postby condude1 » 04 Mar 2017, 22:06

Hey guys!

First things first, costume reveals. Does anyone see a downside to them? Revealing what costume we got seems like a no-brainer.

Secondly, should we reveal what the costumes do? This is a toss-up between whether we want to avoid lynching a cop, say, and whether we want the super-secret-I-assume-the-mafia-steal-a-costume-or-something-like-that to kill our cop. I'm erring on the side of keeping them hidden, since the probably malicious second costume removal is going to do more damage to our roles than we will with lynches. Plus, avoiding a lynch on someone because of their costume seems like a bad idea.

On the other hand, if anyone has a costume that controls costume removal, revealing it is a good idea. That way we know that the second costume removed isn't necessarily done maliciously, and a costume ability reveal sounds a lot better.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 04 Mar 2017, 22:31

Actually, costume ability reveals won't work today (stupid me). For some reason I was thinking that Sjg would send the rest of the details to me now, rather than N1.

In any case, thoughts on ability reveal D2? I'm still against it, but could probably be persuaded to the other side.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 04 Mar 2017, 22:33

On my phone, but wanted to check in and say a quick hello. More to come later!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby shadowface » 04 Mar 2017, 22:46

Hi everyone! Welcome back to Conq and Greg; you guys are good players so this should be fun. And I'm glad to see nanook and Joe back for more!
Good stuff.

Anyways, a few things:

I have an exam on Tuesday in a course that I sort of forgot I was taking. So I have a bad amount of studying to do this weekend. As a result, I will likely be more active after Day 1.

Also,
condude1 wrote:Hey guys!
First things first, costume reveals. Does anyone see a downside to them? Revealing what costume we got seems like a no-brainer.

I don't see any downside to it either. Though it will be much more useful information once we actually know what they do, tomorrow I'm assuming after we've tried them all out.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby shadowface » 04 Mar 2017, 22:49

When we reveal our costumes (as long as a few other townies verify that this is a fine play), I think everyone should discuss all the items they bid for and their rationale behind placing those bids. Why did we each want the items that we bid for?
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby asudevil » 04 Mar 2017, 22:53

I say we should absolutely say what costume we got. Also what our bidding was. WITH explanations. What were we thinking with your bids.

The real question is do we even want to speculate about what the costumes do.

Also, its kind of nice that scum can't communicate at night...and can't kill if they don't all pick the same guy. Which means night kills will get MUCH more common as the day goes on. It will also be much more common after we kill the first scum.

But on that note, we need to be looking in thread for "codes" they may drop. Also the "obvious" kill target for scum...is more likely the target IMO since they all have to pick without discussion. Just something to think about.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Next

Return to Game Threads