Mafia II game (proper)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia 2nd game (proper)

Postby Lord S » 14 Apr 2009, 10:34

Yup, I'm going to post full rules up later today, but in relation to your two questions: Yes I will post up their role when dead, but no I will not tell the exact number of each role in the game. I will simply list which roles are being used without quantities.

There are so many variations which can be chosen from so I'm sure a lot of you have been playing different ones from one another. More on this after I get back later today.
Lord S

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1009)
All-game rating: (1011)
Timezone: GMT

Postby connect4 » 14 Apr 2009, 13:35

Such a shame... the game is that much more evil when you don't know what people were, but instead know the quantity of roles. Makes for some interesting debates of "If X was mafia, then Y and Z must be, but if X wasn't, then it's definitely A and B... crap we only have 5 people left... anyone got a coin?"
connect4

Standard rating: (1042)
All-game rating: (1012)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Neoteny » 14 Apr 2009, 18:15

I think I'm confirming again?
Deepak Chopra wrote:Had a powerful meditation just now - caused an earthquake in Southern California... Was meditation on Shiva mantra & earth began to shake. Sorry about that
Neoteny

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Lord S » 14 Apr 2009, 19:51

Rules have been written up in the first post. You may want to keep checking back there because I keep updating it.
Lord S

Postby infinity8ball » 15 Apr 2009, 09:54

So the vampires can only talk to each other about who to assassinate during the day? Also, do they know who the other vampires are?
infinity8ball
Sponsor
Sponsor

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Lord S » 15 Apr 2009, 13:11

Yup they have to do all their negotiation with one another during the day, otherwise it is too easy for them.

And yes they know each other, I will announce the list of vampires to each of them.
Lord S

Postby nickjb3 » 15 Apr 2009, 22:35

When do we start?
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Lord S » 16 Apr 2009, 00:33

I was waiting a few days to let a few more people sign up, but we have enough to start now. I think I will hold fire till 8pm (my time, so GMT) tomorrow then I will start.

Anybody have any problems with this?

Last chance to sign up people.
Lord S

Postby Lord S » 16 Apr 2009, 20:28

First part of the story line, sorry for the lacking imagination ;).

The year is 1601, with Queen Elizabeth on the throne. Up until a few months ago England was in its element, with huge leaps in scientific knowledge and medicine becoming much more modern in its practices. Roads were built and although life could be tough the general standard of life was brilliant.

Nobody knows quite what happened, but in early February they started appearing. The Vampires.
Much blame was put on various parties, often ending up on those from different churches, but the debates caused nothing and soon the country was overrun.

Town guards were appointed, with strict curfews imposed (for the vampires moved stealthily at night, often finding their victims wandering out on the streets at dark). After the Royal Family was put into protective hiding the country turned to anarchy, with each village running itself.

Suddenly it became impossible to travel, new travellers were refused entry to towns in fear.

But despite all these measures, the populations of each settlement were falling, with the bigger cities completely in the control of the Others. It was clear to most that it was time to flee.

Fortunately, after the first reports of them, all transport routes to the British Isles were cut off for risk of infection. Other countries in Europe shot down any unannounced ships arriving at their ports so that English ships could not let vampires on to the Continent.

But despite this, there is a way. There are ships to the New World setting off for safety. I find myself aboard such a ship (The Royal Oak) although non of the crew remain. Along with myself there seem to be 9 others. They all seem to come from different villages around the country, each one of the last remaining from his or her town so everybody is a stranger. It is the way of things nowadays, everyone travelling with friends or family cannot travel fast enough to escape.
Lord S

Postby Flatley » 17 Apr 2009, 05:47

Will we be given any kind of tallies as to how many vampires/watchmen/etc there will be?
The enemy's gate is down.

Don't go thinkin' you so bad jes cuz you was in SOLDIER.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.
Flatley

Timezone: GMT-6

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads