Mafia CLVII: Legends of Tomorrow: Town Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Legends of Tomorrow: D1

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:21

Zoomzip wrote:All: I'm probably out for the rest of the day since I promised time to my partner.

But I do need to chime in and risk a modkill with this.

COYS!

Dele Allí keep on keep on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still livid at the fact we had to play twice in three days leading us to inevitable drop points at Bournemouth. Whichever halfwit decided to schedule the games like that deserves shooting. I'm still mystified as to why we couldn't have played Bournemouth tonight.

To be fair though I'd be even angrier if I were a Palace fan, their result last night could easily send them down and it could have been solved in the same way.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Nanook » 05 Jan 2017, 00:21

sjg11 wrote:
mhsmith0 wrote:PS I would like you (and probably others) to take a few minutes to compare SF's EOD in fable 7
viewtopic.php?f=314&t=49991&start=1500 and the next like 3 pages
to this one. I do feel like there's a difference, especially yesterday, but I want people on record that they either agree or disagree with that assessment.

For the record though her claims of "lynch the lurkers and sjg" here is worse than the advice she was attempting to give in Fable 7.

Lynch the lurkers also flies in the face of what she was saying to me earlier in our back and forth, that lurkers don't deserve to be lynched just for lurking. Possibly that was only in the context of day one? That's the only reasonable defense of it I can come up with.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:25

JoeHoya06 wrote:@sjg: Maybe it doesn't make sense with you two being together...but I don't think it absolves you from being mafia, and you not killing someone has no bearing on whether or not you're telling the truth in regards to there being competing vigs. If the scum can't do the nightkill AND use their ability, your partner could be a protector and needed to protect you because the heat you took during the day would certainly be cause for investigation. You'd then have to be the one doing the kill. If the mafia CAN do both, it's possible that condude – who was adamant about his towniness, and was protected by ZZ – was the other target after asu.

Ok but if I'm lying about my role... we'll know about it after tonight. If I'm telling the truth about my role and shadowfriend is Mafia... then I would have gone for the two night kills last night. The only way this works is if I'm telling the truth and shadow's Town. In which case the game is ridiculously unbalanced as the Mafia can win in two days.
Is it possible that the game is *supposed* to tilt in favor of the town as time moves on? Isn't that how superhero stories work, after all? The bad guys come close to taking over the world, but the good guys hang on just long enough to turn the tide and restore order to the world? In that case, a pair of powerful mafia roles would fit that theme; they have the upper hand, but as time goes on, i.e. the Waverider gets fixed, the town has the edge? Or do flavor games not ever do that sort of thing?

The game needs to be balanced. If I'm telling the truth about my role... then I only need to get a successful double kill off ONCE to seal the game for the town after two mislynches. That's... tough on the town. Like ridiculously tough on the town.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:26

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
mhsmith0 wrote:PS I would like you (and probably others) to take a few minutes to compare SF's EOD in fable 7
viewtopic.php?f=314&t=49991&start=1500 and the next like 3 pages
to this one. I do feel like there's a difference, especially yesterday, but I want people on record that they either agree or disagree with that assessment.

For the record though her claims of "lynch the lurkers and sjg" here is worse than the advice she was attempting to give in Fable 7.

Lynch the lurkers also flies in the face of what she was saying to me earlier in our back and forth, that lurkers don't deserve to be lynched just for lurking. Possibly that was only in the context of day one? That's the only reasonable defense of it I can come up with.

Solid point, another to add to the growing list against SF.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby JoeHoya06 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:31

sjg11 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:All: I'm probably out for the rest of the day since I promised time to my partner.

COYS!

I'm still livid at the fact we had to play twice in three days leading us to inevitable drop points at Bournemouth. Whichever halfwit decided to schedule the games like that deserves shooting. I'm still mystified as to why we couldn't have played Bournemouth tonight.

To be fair though I'd be even angrier if I were a Palace fan, their result last night could easily send them down and it could have been solved in the same way.

I have half a mind to say I hope you get killed overnight for being a whiny Arsenal fan, but then again, that would be redundant. :D
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:37

JoeHoya06 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:

COYS!

I have half a mind to say I hope you get killed overnight for being a whiny Arsenal fan, but then again, that would be redundant. :D

Yes but to become Arsenal fans we all have to take a test to establish a minimum base level of whingyness. At least I don't moan AT the team which is an improvement on most Arsenal fans. ;)

Besides, I do have a point. It's no coincidence that none of the three teams who had our schedule won last night, and two of them failed to win games you would have expected them to win under normal circumstances.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby condude1 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:40

Sjg, can I propose a modification to your plan? If the WR isn't fixed by the end of tonight, can I get shot tomorrow instead of lynched? That way I get my resurrect off, which effectively gives us a free townie.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:43

condude1 wrote:Sjg, can I propose a modification to your plan? If the WR isn't fixed by the end of tonight, can I get shot tomorrow instead of lynched? That way I get my resurrect off, which effectively gives us a free townie.

I have no objection to this. I guess we'd No Lynch tomorrow then?
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby condude1 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:44

sjg11 wrote:
condude1 wrote:Sjg, can I propose a modification to your plan? If the WR isn't fixed by the end of tonight, can I get shot tomorrow instead of lynched? That way I get my resurrect off, which effectively gives us a free townie.

I have no objection to this. I guess we'd No Lynch tomorrow then?

Works for me.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby mhsmith0 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:50

If we lynch SF here and she flips scum, we're probably not no lynching tomorrow (though it's probably ok to entertain the notion if we really don't have any good ideas). If she flips town, we are DEFINITELY not no lynching tomorrow.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads