Mafia CLVII: Legends of Tomorrow: Town Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Legends of Tomorrow: D1

Postby sjg11 » 04 Jan 2017, 23:55

Ok then we follow the plan tonight and hope the Rider gets fixed. If it doesn't work and Joe's town... we re-evaluate tomorrow and then make another decision based on the available information.

@smith: At this point I think it's very likely the scum had a WR-dependent power. Otherwise the amount of power the town has cannot be matched by the Mafia and this game is unbalanced.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby mhsmith0 » 04 Jan 2017, 23:59

sjg11 wrote:Ok then we follow the plan tonight and hope the Rider gets fixed. If it doesn't work and Joe's town... we re-evaluate tomorrow and then make another decision based on the available information.

@smith: At this point I think it's very likely the scum had a WR-dependent power. Otherwise the amount of power the town has cannot be matched by the Mafia and this game is unbalanced.

I'm skeptical that scum has a power that's actually WR-dependent. A fake claim of WR-dependent power wouldn't shock me though. I think a lot depends on what PR claims are actually real vs bogus, but I'm a bit behind on the details of who claimed what and how it interacts with what else. A list of claims/claimed actions to this point would actually be kind of helpful if anyone wants to do this.

PS I would like you (and probably others) to take a few minutes to compare SF's EOD in fable 7
viewtopic.php?f=314&t=49991&start=1500 and the next like 3 pages
to this one. I do feel like there's a difference, especially yesterday, but I want people on record that they either agree or disagree with that assessment.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby condude1 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:02

Sjg: Your plan's good, except I don't like clearing ZZ and MH like that. Would you consider a double lynch at LYLO? The difference between this and the failed plans in past games would be that we aren't risking more than one townie, since a mislynch loses at that point anyways so a double mislynch is as bad as a single mislynch.

In any case, if Joe is town and someone's resurrected, we can reevaluate the plan at that time.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:03

I think it's obvious that, regardless of my alignment, I have a WR dependent power. Otherwise my claim would be crazy, assuming there's a WaveRider in play.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Postby Zoomzip » 05 Jan 2017, 00:05

All: I'm probably out for the rest of the day since I promised time to my partner.

But I do need to chime in and risk a modkill with this.

COYS!

Dele Allí keep on keep on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:10

Is my presence so intimidating that everyone's afraid to speak when I post? :D Seriously though, every time I post, the thread just dies.

condude1

Postby JoeHoya06 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:16

shadowfriend1 wrote:My advice for tomorrow would be to look at the least active players, because this game is allowing them to hide with no consequence. Condude, Joehoya, and mhsmith have all been out of the spotlight, so I think if would be wise to examine them further. As for sjg, he's either in confirmation bias or he's scum.

My GOD, is THIS what being OUT of the spotlight is?!? Holy hannah.

@sjg: Maybe it doesn't make sense with you two being together...but I don't think it absolves you from being mafia, and you not killing someone has no bearing on whether or not you're telling the truth in regards to there being competing vigs. If the scum can't do the nightkill AND use their ability, your partner could be a protector and needed to protect you because the heat you took during the day would certainly be cause for investigation. You'd then have to be the one doing the kill. If the mafia CAN do both, it's possible that condude – who was adamant about his towniness, and was protected by ZZ – was the other target after asu.

Obviously, it's also possible that NONE of this is correct, and I've been spun completely around in circles. But I don't think what you're suggesting absolves you like you say it does, at least not to me. It's pretty safe for someone who is partnered with shadow to jump on her wagon now, or even earlier today, as she's been the leading candidate for a lynch since the day began.

Is it possible that the game is *supposed* to tilt in favor of the town as time moves on? Isn't that how superhero stories work, after all? The bad guys come close to taking over the world, but the good guys hang on just long enough to turn the tide and restore order to the world? In that case, a pair of powerful mafia roles would fit that theme; they have the upper hand, but as time goes on, i.e. the Waverider gets fixed, the town has the edge? Or do flavor games not ever do that sort of thing?
We're the builders of their destiny.

Gold Classicist, Mafia forum interloper
JoeHoya06
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1102
All-game rating: 1159
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:17

mhsmith0 wrote:PS I would like you (and probably others) to take a few minutes to compare SF's EOD in fable 7
to this one. I do feel like there's a difference, especially yesterday, but I want people on record that they either agree or disagree with that assessment.

Smith, I'm confident shadowfriend is Mafia for reasons which are more solid than her reactions to the end of day in Fable compared to here.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:18

mhsmith0 wrote:PS I would like you (and probably others) to take a few minutes to compare SF's EOD in fable 7

For the record though her claims of "lynch the lurkers and sjg" here is worse than the advice she was attempting to give in Fable 7.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jan 2017, 00:19

condude1 wrote:Sjg: Your plan's good, except I don't like clearing ZZ and MH like that. Would you consider a double lynch at LYLO? The difference between this and the failed plans in past games would be that we aren't risking more than one townie, since a mislynch loses at that point anyways so a double mislynch is as bad as a single mislynch.

In any case, if Joe is town and someone's resurrected, we can reevaluate the plan at that time.

Eh, if we get to LYLO between me with a confirmed vig role, ZZ and smith we can deal with this then. I'd be very surprised if ZZ/smith/nanook were Mafia at this point.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

PreviousNext