Mafia CLVI: Charity Mafia: -- Pure of Heart Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 4

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 09:43

dodgy56 wrote:I targeted just last night. And with both me and happy targeting just, it makes sense that harb targetted one of us and this reditected justy. No one has claimed to have my power so this again indicates that justy was redirected to harb

Did either of you receive doc protection?
justy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 09:48

Something in the night actions doesn't make sense. Something blocked the investigative ability I got from Happy, or made Harb impossible to read, because cop ability didn't work on Harb. Yet I don't think either of you has claimed such power?
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 09:49

justy wrote:
dodgy56 wrote:I targeted just last night. And with both me and happy targeting just, it makes sense that harb targetted one of us and this reditected justy. No one has claimed to have my power so this again indicates that justy was redirected to harb

Did either of you receive doc protection?

Scratch that, I don't think the target knows they're protected. At least I didn't receive that info when condude targeted me N1 with doc save.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 10:10

Argh. I'm really confused by D3/N3 messaging. I agree with Happy that sending those messages don't make much sense if he's town. However, I don't get the investigative result on dodgy either, if dodgy is scum. Scum dodgy would require 1) godfather ability 2) ability to mess up with messages/ghost partner with that ability. It's more likely that Happy is lying than scum dodgy having all that help.

@Dodgy, could you explain why Condude switched from scum-read to town-read? It has something to do with vote analysis, I assume?
justy
Premium Member

Postby Happymeal » 23 Dec 2016, 13:48

dodgy56 wrote:Sorry happy I don't buy it.

Everything as a whole makes more sense with you as scum.

I am going to ask you to take a deep look at Justy's entirety of posting history in this thread. It doesn't add up. I want to bring this home so I beg you to at least consider what I've said about Justy's voting history, the connections between him and condude, and the contradictions he's made throughout the game. I didn't really even think about doc mafia, but all things considered, Justy's history makes the most sense to me at this point.

What is it that I can do to convince you? Justy is about to win this game and I don't want to stand on the sidelines watching. Are you really going to believe him solely because of messages that can be easily forged? I don't know if there's another explanation, but you still don't take this into context.

Why does scum Happymeal throughout the entire game take the path with the most resistance? Why do I agree to lose the game day 3? Why does scum Condude incriminate me day 2 when we had no momentum on our tails? How does this make any sense? If I am scum, then I took the most difficult path to winning.

On the other hand, Justy took the easiest path to winning. He stayed in the background, he hasn't been pushing lynches that he actually wanted to, he hasn't taken strong stances and claimed that was his intentions early into the game. No matter how you look at it, Justy's play has been scum 101 and he's getting away with it.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Happymeal » 23 Dec 2016, 13:49

justy wrote:Something in the night actions doesn't make sense. Something blocked the investigative ability I got from Happy, or made Harb impossible to read, because cop ability didn't work on Harb. Yet I don't think either of you has claimed such power?

Could redirection have worked in this manner?
Happymeal

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 14:08

Happymeal wrote:
justy wrote:Something in the night actions doesn't make sense. Something blocked the investigative ability I got from Happy, or made Harb impossible to read, because cop ability didn't work on Harb. Yet I don't think either of you has claimed such power?

Could redirection have worked in this manner?

I don't know. I was redirected to Dodgy N2 and did get Dodgy' alignment.
justy
Premium Member

Postby Happymeal » 23 Dec 2016, 14:09

justy wrote:

Did you get the redirect power last night Justy?
Happymeal

Postby justy » 23 Dec 2016, 14:21

Happymeal wrote:
justy wrote:

Did you get the redirect power last night Justy?

No, I was redirected last night.
justy
Premium Member

Postby Happymeal » 23 Dec 2016, 14:24

dodgy56

I think i caught him Justy.

I came into this day actually prepared to vote Dodgy, but I wanted to set up a trap and make sure everything was what I thought it was. I wanted to wait a little longer before revealing this, but decided that I shouldn't take the chance considering the momentum against me. Before I reveal what's caught me on to him, I'll reveal my secondary power.

My secondary power in my message I mentioned that is. It's an ability that basically is supposed to stop copycat powers, last night I targeted Harb with this ability. First and foremost, here's what tipped me on to Dodgy's lying:

This post indicates that he did not get targeted by redirect first and foremost. I did not get targeted by Harb's redirect either. This means no one targeting Justy last night had the ability to stop his investigative report. This also means Harb did not target dodgy last night (if he didn't get the redirect power). This means I didn't use my secondary ability on him. This means he had free rein to do what wanted to do. However, here's the thing, I hid this peace of information from everyone, I received the harder to see ability last night. Justy, that's why you probably didn't get an investigative report on Dodgy, but I didn't receive the redirect ability. What sells me that dodgy has a copycat power is this. It probably randomly assigns someone an ability of his choosing, that's why I only got one. Based upon the targeting last night, I think Harb redirected himself, this signifies that someone who targeted you also targeted Harb (which was me). However, Harb also died last night which means since I did not receive a redirect, then Dodgy must have also visited him. If that's the case, then he could well be mafia because someone needed to kill Harb. Now, it could also be you, but I'll explain why I think Dodgy is our final choice.

Outside of the mechanics, I think Dodgy's behavior yesterday was quite odd. I'm surprised you didn't come into today questioning dodgy about this, but he arbitrarily chooses a time to come in and vote red + end day. I think this signifies him as scum. He attempts to end the game in one swoop instead of going through more days. Instead of adhering to the plan (we let Harb vote Justy), he messes with it. Now, I don't know the specifics of what happened to the vote yesterday, but I do know that for some reason the scenario did not follow through with the rules, so that indicates to me that either the rules were misunderstood or someone had an ability to inflate the voting in one way or the other. I think it's the former though, nothing really proves the latter.

So anyways, I did send both those messages, but I never sent the message to sjg, which makes me believe that Dodgy is mafia as he's the only one to gain from that action. Considering he utilized that reason to vote against me, it makes complete sense why he would do it.
Happymeal

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads