Mafia CLVI: Charity Mafia: -- Pure of Heart Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 4

Postby Happymeal » 22 Dec 2016, 10:07

Btw, I'm online right now and wide awake so I'm here to discuss whatever.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby dodgy56 » 22 Dec 2016, 10:17

wait.

so Justy is saying he targeted me but was re-directed? (again how do you know this and if you know that do you know who to?)

HM is saying he targeted justy which if justy was re-directed then his use of this power is also redirected?

i want to be clear about what people are claiming before i reveal
you never play your hand.
You play the man across from you

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

Drug Cheats mafia now in signups
dodgy56

Standard rating: (833)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Happymeal » 22 Dec 2016, 11:19

dodgy56 wrote:wait.

so Justy is saying he targeted me but was re-directed? (again how do you know this and if you know that do you know who to?)

HM is saying he targeted justy which if justy was re-directed then his use of this power is also redirected?

i want to be clear about what people are claiming before i reveal

I targeted Justy with my cop ability, yes.
Happymeal

Postby justy » 22 Dec 2016, 21:47

dodgy56 wrote:@ justy can you explain this to me?

justy wrote:Happymeal

Both SJG and Harb being town, and with investigative result on Dodgy, I'm quite confident with this vote.

I tried to target Dodgy last night, but was apparently redirected again. However, I didn't get the result about me being more difficult to detect this time.

justy wrote:Oh, and I got info from Zip that I indeed was more difficult to detect. So nothing weird in that redirection after all.

those posts were 3 mins apart.. and seem contradictory to me

The initial message I got from GM didn't mention that I was more difficult to detect. After I made my post about, I got another message from Zip saying that he forgot to mention that I was more difficult to detect. Zip encouraged me to post about it in thread so I did.

So what happened last night was that I tried to target dodgy, but got redirected to Harb. And I also was more difficult to detect, even though GM forgot to mention it at first. Which makes sense, because so far the redirection has gone along with becoming more difficult to detect.
justy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1055)
All-game rating: (1054)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby justy » 22 Dec 2016, 21:48

dodgy56 wrote:
justy wrote:Happymeal

Both SJG and Harb being town, and with investigative result on Dodgy, I'm quite confident with this vote.

I tried to target Dodgy last night, but was apparently redirected again. However, I didn't get the result about me being more difficult to detect this time.

also how do you know you were redirected?

Well I targeted you in my order message and in results message it was told that I targeted Harb. The same thing happened in previous two nights as well, and Harb has told that his ability was the redirection ability.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 22 Dec 2016, 22:10

About night abilities. I did receive cop ability. I didn't mention it earlier because GM's made another mistake last night about the result of that ability. They told me what the result was on Harb, and then told that I shouldn't have received any info about Harb. So I didn't mention it.

I aksed and got permission to post the messages Happy sent me:

The first message:

Justy, this is Happymeal, I can Pm at night. I'll reveal more in thread tomorrow about the actions. I was pming Harb and Dodgy threw a huge corkscrew into my plan due to a secondary power I have. I can't reveal it in pm based so I'll do it in thread, but Harb is already aware of this. Listen, tonight, who are you planning on targeting with your doc power? I'd assumed Dodgy, but would you like me to target a specific person with my power? I think we can work together here. Perhaps we can have a Harb confirmed tonight? I'll use my investigation on you and you target harb with your medical powers. I can get Harb in on this. I don't know about Dodgy right now. Luckily the votes didn't end up the way I thought they would.

The second message:

Justy, Harb sent me a response. If I'm allowed to quote it, then it should appear below this. If you need some confirmation from Harb, I'll ask him for something.

"What happened with dodgy?! What about what happened with you, Justy, and sjg, who are all JUST as responsible for this. Why exactly weren't you opposed to this by the way?

Sigh. End rant I guess.

Does justy have a stated preference? I'm inclined to follow the doc on this one personally. I've got a provisional order submitted that I'm happy with, but I'm willing to follow another plan if justy's got a better idea.

What's your issue with dodgy EOD, and why does it outweigh what seemed like a pretty solid town clear?"

Anyways, if the quote is in there, then good. If it's not, then the basics of his statement were that we're all responsible for this and that he has an order already submitted, but if you've got a better plan, he's willing to follow you.

The two orders I recommend are:

Justy - Harb - me - dodgy

or

Justy - me - Harb - dodgy

So, the first one clears Harb, protects me, and redirects dodgy while also giving Harb a report on Dodgy.

The second one clears me, protects harb, but dodgy redirects someone while also giving a report to dodgy on whoever he chooses.

I also think if no one wants to do any particular order, we should just pick whoever the fuck we want to and move onto day 4 of course. It all depends on what you wanna do.

Right now, I'm leaving dodgy out of the limbo. I don't like his end of day action and I think this whole thing was a trap set up by sjg. I don't know what he was thinking exactly, but I think he wanted to trap dodgy with this because he may have had suspicions of some sort of extra powers. I don't know.

Dodgy, you might be better in analyzing style in these messages as English is your native tongue (at least I assume so), but they read like Happy's text in thread. Also, the Harb quote in later post sounds like Harb, so I assume Happy was talking with him last night.

What I'm a bit worried about is that scum dodgy has messaging ability that allows him to pretend being someone else. But if that's true, dodgy, you're doing really impressive imitations. Another possibility would be that there's ghost, who can send messages as someone else. But I doubt anyone town would do that, so it would require condude to be ghost messing with this game instead of dodgy. I think that's more likely, because condude's style is closer to happy's style.

I searched two words used in messages. Happy is the only player who has used "luckily" in this game thread. "anyways" was used by Happy and condude both. But I think that most likely explanation is that Happy is our last scum.
justy
Premium Member

Postby Happymeal » 23 Dec 2016, 01:05

To use writing style to determine who sent those messages is idiotic. Anyone can copy a writing style with ease. Either way Dodgy, I don't see a reason for me to lie about those messages in particular. Let's assume I sent those messages, what exactly would come of harm to actually say I sent them and then respond to people in thread about the content? It makes zero sense. The content is fairly innocuous at best and all I really have to do is convince Justy to vote you, which wouldn't be that difficult. if anything, he was gunning for you and you aren't that tough a sell based upon in thread performance. Even the night actions can be explained away at some point. Why do I take the path with the most resistance?
Happymeal

Postby dodgy56 » 23 Dec 2016, 01:54

Sorry happy I don't buy it.

Everything as a whole makes more sense with you as scum.

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

dodgy56

Postby dodgy56 » 23 Dec 2016, 01:58

I targeted just last night. And with both me and happy targeting just, it makes sense that harb targetted one of us and this reditected justy. No one has claimed to have my power so this again indicates that justy was redirected to harb

dodgy56

Postby dodgy56 » 23 Dec 2016, 05:28

Happymeal

dodgy56

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads