Mafia CLV: Fable 8 Game Thread

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Fable 8 Game Thread

Postby Jordan767 » 08 Dec 2016, 19:33

justy wrote:So you think again that I'm scummier? Or are you tossing coin and hoping for the best?

If you're not going to vote with me (and I don't have time to convince you atm) maybe Keir will. Hard to say which of you is scummier atm.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Keirador » 08 Dec 2016, 21:43

Jordan767 wrote:Playa's post about the condude case was obviously coached, right?

Why is this?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Jordan767 » 08 Dec 2016, 21:50

Keirador wrote:
Jordan767 wrote:Playa's post about the condude case was obviously coached, right?

Why is this?

Like, that's what everyone says it looked like.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Keirador » 08 Dec 2016, 21:54

Jordan767 wrote:
Keirador wrote:
Jordan767 wrote:Reread the justy ISO. I got the impression that he was really, really on the periphery pretty much up until D3. He pushes a lot of points that other people were already pushing. He discusses vaguely and plays the cautious role, on the fence, in the comfortable and easy positions, until people coerce him to vote. The only time he was really a driving force on anything was the lynch of UDC which strikes me as kind of a scum play, as discussed in my post above.

In light of this characterization, how would you characterize your own play? What does it mean for alignment to be on the periphery?

This is a problem I've had on D2 and early D3. But I think justy's posts have an almost barely-there quality to them on D2.

I can see what you mean about the almost barely-there quality, ephemeral as it is, the problem is that doesn't fit justy's meta. A big part of the reason I've been saying I have a hard time reading justy is that when I've read him before as incredibly kinetic and present, the opposite of the "barely-there" quality you describe, and he's been scum. I've also seen him as this sort of peripheral character and be town.

Jordan767 wrote:If you're on the periphery doesn't it mean you're more likely to be scum avoiding commitment so you don't get caught out?

So I think this is true in general, but not necessarily true of justy in particular. And the reason I returned the question to you is that "peripheral" or "barely-there" could also describe your play, which seems more in keeping with my ideas about how people in general play.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Jordan767 » 08 Dec 2016, 21:57

Most of my justy meta is from last game, where he was aggressive in pushing his views as town.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Keirador » 08 Dec 2016, 21:57

Huh, I see I made an almost identical point to justy here without meaning to. Not sure what to make of that. If justy's scum he's playing this perfectly.

justy wrote:I sort of agree with your characterization of my play regarding D1 and last part of D2. But I do think that I pushed my own points early D2 about what night kill meant and wether Condude could be scum or not. Later D2 I really didn't have time to participate more. And D1 are always difficult for me, because lack of concrete content to go on.

I don't think you find this scum-read consistent with my scum meta, if you look at it (from for example Night Vale, Sheep Game, there's at least third one as well but I don't remember it's name). I think I usually participate more when I'm scum because I find it easier. But in your case, your almost linear drop in participation fits well to your scum meta.
Keirador

Postby Jordan767 » 08 Dec 2016, 21:59

Is that a reason to let him win though?
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Keirador » 08 Dec 2016, 22:06

Jordan767 wrote:Is that a reason to let him win though?

Well no, but the explanations for me are that justy foresaw exactly how I would judge his play and play-acted accordingly, or that my perception was just accurate. Occam's Razor would indicate the latter and I'm wary of overthinking this one and upending the apple cart.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 08 Dec 2016, 22:07

Jordan, in your opinion what is the argument or issue besides your own lynch that you felt you most engaged with at any point in the game?
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 08 Dec 2016, 22:10

Jordan767 wrote:
Keirador wrote:

Why is this?

Like, that's what everyone says it looked like.

I'm not everyone and I don't know why other people are saying that.
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads