Mafia CLV: Fable 8 Game Thread

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Fable 8 Game Thread

Postby Jordan767 » 07 Dec 2016, 06:23

Keirador wrote:So I was on my phone earlier and couldn't do my answer here justice. What I mean is that it seems to me that justy developed the idea that on D3 we should be hunting for a team, and on D4 a lone wolf, before he'd formulated UDC and condude as the most likely team and decided Jordan and Keirador were likely teamless. His reasoning for UDC being the most likely team player does make sense from a townjusty POV, and he seemed to come into it relatively organically. AND THEN the actual lynch of UDC required two different players to both feel like UDC was a bad lynch but the only option for self-preservation. If he faked all of that with the pre-planned intention of eventually securing the mislynch of UDC and leaving us more vulnerable players as the last remaining townies coming into the final day, that's incredibly impressive. The only way this plan works is if he foresees or manipulates matters so that the state of the game would see TWO "self-preservation" votes on UDC. This is possible, but doesn't seem as plausible as his D3 being an organic development.

This isn't necessarily a towntell, scum can develop organically as well, but it makes it so that if justy was intentionally manipulating events to the specific end of a UDC mislynch and Keir and Joran entering the last day, he's something of a mastermind.

That goddamn 3 quotes rule. Fair point.

Although what he could have done is seen a unanimous Keir lynch and moved to lynch a townier UDC based on information he'd already put into thread but was "just now" finding the narrative for. He knew he would have you for self-pres and figured he could pull me and/or condude. And if he fails then he gets towncred going into 2-1 LYLO for being off your townie lynch.

He wouldn't have had to be doing this long ahead of time for it to be a very clever scum play.

Justy

I need to get a vote out here. I'll reread both your ISOs tonight and see what I find.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Jordan767 » 07 Dec 2016, 06:26

Clarification on the above. "Just now" could refer either to him actually finding the information then and acting on it, or it could refer to him finding that information earlier and saving it for when we could only consolidate in self-preservation a limited number of times before EoD.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Jordan767 » 07 Dec 2016, 08:16

Reread the justy ISO. I got the impression that he was really, really on the periphery pretty much up until D3. He pushes a lot of points that other people were already pushing. He discusses vaguely and plays the cautious role, on the fence, in the comfortable and easy positions, until people coerce him to vote. The only time he was really a driving force on anything was the lynch of UDC which strikes me as kind of a scum play, as discussed in my post above.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Jordan767 » 07 Dec 2016, 08:18

I'll skim Keir's ISO tonight. I don't expect anything to jump out at me. I'll read it more closely tomorrow to make sure he's the townie and not justy, but I think I'm right here.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Keirador » 07 Dec 2016, 10:20

Jordan767 wrote:Reread the justy ISO. I got the impression that he was really, really on the periphery pretty much up until D3. He pushes a lot of points that other people were already pushing. He discusses vaguely and plays the cautious role, on the fence, in the comfortable and easy positions, until people coerce him to vote. The only time he was really a driving force on anything was the lynch of UDC which strikes me as kind of a scum play, as discussed in my post above.

In light of this characterization, how would you characterize your own play? What does it mean for alignment to be on the periphery?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Jordan767 » 07 Dec 2016, 15:50

Keirador wrote:
Jordan767 wrote:Reread the justy ISO. I got the impression that he was really, really on the periphery pretty much up until D3. He pushes a lot of points that other people were already pushing. He discusses vaguely and plays the cautious role, on the fence, in the comfortable and easy positions, until people coerce him to vote. The only time he was really a driving force on anything was the lynch of UDC which strikes me as kind of a scum play, as discussed in my post above.

In light of this characterization, how would you characterize your own play? What does it mean for alignment to be on the periphery?

This is a problem I've had on D2 and early D3. But I think justy's posts have an almost barely-there quality to them on D2.

If you're on the periphery doesn't it mean you're more likely to be scum avoiding commitment so you don't get caught out?
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby justy » 07 Dec 2016, 17:19

Jordan767 wrote:
Keirador wrote:

This is a problem I've had on D2 and early D3. But I think justy's posts have an almost barely-there quality to them on D2.

If you're on the periphery doesn't it mean you're more likely to be scum avoiding commitment so you don't get caught out?

I sort of agree with your characterization of my play regarding D1 and last part of D2. But I do think that I pushed my own points early D2 about what night kill meant and wether Condude could be scum or not. Later D2 I really didn't have time to participate more. And D1 are always difficult for me, because lack of concrete content to go on.

I don't think you find this scum-read consistent with my scum meta, if you look at it (from for example Night Vale, Sheep Game, there's at least third one as well but I don't remember it's name). I think I usually participate more when I'm scum because I find it easier. But in your case, your almost linear drop in participation fits well to your scum meta.

But I'm really waiting to see your Keir case, because I know I'm town.
justy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Jordan767 » 07 Dec 2016, 22:41

So last game wasn't representative of your meta?
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Jordan767 » 08 Dec 2016, 04:46

justy wrote:In light of this characterization, how would you characterize your own play? What does it mean for alignment to be on the periphery?

I don't think you find this scum-read consistent with my scum meta, if you look at it (from for example Night Vale, Sheep Game, there's at least third one as well but I don't remember it's name). I think I usually participate more when I'm scum because I find it easier. But in your case, your almost linear drop in participation fits well to your scum meta.

But I'm really waiting to see your Keir case, because I know I'm town.[/quote]
My one game as a townie that was multiple days was Triple. I posted way more D3 (my first day) than D4 in Triple.

I'll try and show you why I think Keir is a better vote than me tonight. I hope to have some time tomorrow morning (my time) on mobile so we can talk briefly about it then.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Postby Jordan767 » 08 Dec 2016, 04:48

Edit for formatting. Fricking quote tags.
justy wrote:I don't think you find this scum-read consistent with my scum meta, if you look at it (from for example Night Vale, Sheep Game, there's at least third one as well but I don't remember it's name). I think I usually participate more when I'm scum because I find it easier. But in your case, your almost linear drop in participation fits well to your scum meta.

But I'm really waiting to see your Keir case, because I know I'm town.

My one game as a townie that was multiple days was Triple. I posted way more D3 (my first day) than D4 in Triple.

I'll try and show you why I think Keir is a better vote than me tonight. I hope to have some time tomorrow morning (my time) on mobile so we can talk briefly about it then.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads