Mafia CLV: Fable 8 Game Thread

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Mafia CLV: Fable 8 Game Thread

Postby sjg11 » 13 Nov 2016, 00:57

Hello everyone, this is the Game Thread for Fable 8.

After the events of Fable 7, and sjg's demise as a result of those events, Earth entered a dark new age as sgj11's forces reigned supreme throughout the Earth. The people of the Earth were enslaved and forced to work 24/7 to sustain the luxurious lifestyle of a very small non-human elite. A drug was produced to ensure that people no longer needed to sleep to survive or even to work.

Worst of all, Spurs had now become the greatest football team on Earth while Arsenal had been reduced to competing in the Isthmian League.

A small band of rebels who had previously been loyal to sjg11 and the previous regime and they were hiding in various inhospitable places such as the Arctic or the Sahara, being sustained within some of sjg's remaining hidden strongholds. This was now a shell of a force and they were shrinking all the time as sgj's forces slowly found their remaining strongholds.

Eventually, a brave leader within this band of rebels, sent out a small mission into the farthest reaches of space and time to attempt to find some way to restore sjg11 and, potentially, reverse the damage that was done.

They intended to find the Host, the mysterious entity who arranged the duel over the volcano that sealed sjg's fate. Perhaps if the Host could be found, sjg could be restored and the battle could yet be won...

This ship eventually found a hint leading to the destination of the Host. It stated that he was lurking in another dimension, the gateway to which could be found above the planet Altazar, an intergalatic marketplace and a hive of activity that was aligned to neither Good nor Evil. As they were entering the planet's atmosphere, their ship juddered to a halt, there were bright lights flashing and they were suddenly transported to another dimension....

All that was there was a couch with a man sitting on it. A man in a plain white T-Shirt and a pair of incredibly scruffy looking trousers.

"Good afternoon, I am the Vigil. My role is to watch to passing of time and ensure that events progress as they should. Alas, I recently lost a bet with the Host to ensure that nobody should come looking for him without me at least attempting to stop them. This promise is binding and so I must attempt to prevent you finding the Host. It's a shame, I'm actually rooting for you guys to overcome this challenge, but the terms have been agreed and so they must proceed in this way."

There is suddenly a bright flash of light and you are transported... to a small town called Sunnydale at the start of 1997. A voice is suddenly heard:

"You see, you have replaced someone who would have lived in this town at this time in this universe, which is very close to your own. Your challenge is to ensure that events proceed in this reality in the way they should do.

You see below this small town, great events are beginning to occur. The Master, an ancient and venerable vampire, is currently trapped below this town, as he has been for 60 years. Yet, soon, if you do not prevent it, he shall rise and chaos shall reign in this town. The Order of Aurelius, of which he is the leader, infects this town and intends to cause enough bloodshed to allow the Master to rise and wreak chaos upon this realm. For this town sits on a Hellmouth, a portal to hell dimensions of unimaginable torment. If he rises, this town shall be swallowed whole and this entire dimension will suffer as a result.

Stop this and you will have completed the first of my challenges. Fail, and it will not be the end of your quest... but it shall make your quest tougher than it otherwise would have been. I sincerely hope you succeed in your challenge."

Roster
1. condude1
2. Zoomzip
3. happymeal
4. Keirador
5. Jordan767
6. UpsideDownChuck (replacing BROCKENBROUGH)
7. Harb
8. justy
9. theGreatPlaya

Link to the rules here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K_RvfAs44d1SwooZJR6WMAR3wyGdXDJIJAELFHgQBaw/edit?usp=sharing

Currently I intend to begin Day One on the morning of Monday 21st November at 11 AM GMT.

Game Map
End of Day One/Start of Day Two:
http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54132&start=340#p882553

End of Day Two/Start of Day Three:
http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=54132&p=883081#p883081
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable 8 Game Thread

Postby sjg11 » 13 Nov 2016, 15:34

Hello everyone, just a quick note that Day One will now begin at 11 AM GMT on Monday 21st November. That means we have a Night Zero which will last longer than stated in the rules.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 15 Nov 2016, 15:11

Don Juan of Austria has been replaced by BROCKENBROUGH.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 21 Nov 2016, 11:38

You all gather together in the centre of the Sunnydale High library due to reports in the [i]Sunnydale Press from the previous day. Two bodies were found with fang marks on their neck and the group are attempting to figure out how to combat this menace. To a group who all know about the supernatural, it is clear that a group of vampires are behind this most heinous crime.

At this point, a scream arises from the back of the room. Another body is lying there, with two fang marks on their neck. It is clear that the vampires are in this room with you. Moreover, a ring was left on top of the victim. A ring belonging to the Order of Aurelius, an ancient sect whose task is to open the Hellmouth and unleash armageddon. The prophecies indicate that they are trying to drown the town in blood and, by doing so, to release their Master. See, this Master was trapped on the previous attempt to open the Hellmouth and is now trapped like a cork in a bottle. If he escapes, the Hellmouth will open. The prophecies, however, are vague... some mention is made of an Anointed One... but nothing concrete is there... there is also the mention of a Harvest... but the details are fuzzy...

So, you all resolve to vote as a group for someone to be staked by the group every day when you meet here. This will kill everyone but the vampires will turn to dust while the people survive. You just hope that you can find the vampires before they kill all of you... [/i]

The deadline for this first day is on Thursday 24th November at 11 AM GMT. Countdown Clock below:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20161124T11&p0=3329&msg=Fable+8+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

Please re-read the rules and enjoy the game.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby justy » 21 Nov 2016, 12:45

Hello all, nice to be playing again.

As Sjg suggested, I re-read the rules. I think we should decide how to handle this anointed business.

- Should the player who chose anointed reveal in D2? If no one counter claims, we get town-cleared player who probably gets night killed afterwards. Perhaps at least if we mislynch D1?

- The anointed one should reveal D2, right? That way, if no one reveals, the player who chose anointed one knows identity of one scum because tehir choice didn't go through.
justy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Zoomzip » 21 Nov 2016, 16:34

Good morning all, my name is ZoomZip. My preferred pronouns are he/his or they/their, whichever works for you. Hello to all of you that I have played with previously, and a special hello to Keirador, BROKENBOUGH, and theGreatPlaya, who I don't believe I have met before.

My current impression of this game is that it is slightly scum sided -- there's a conversion mechanic, no town players, no ways of stopping kills, no investigations, no nuttin'. The conversion mechanic is what tips the balance to the scum side for me. So we're gona have to get there through scum hunting and what not. Which means, time to vote kids. Vote early, vote often.

justy wrote:Should the player who chose anointed reveal in D2? If no one counter claims, we get town-cleared player who probably gets night killed afterwards. Perhaps at least if we mislynch D1?

The Chooser should certainly reveal no later than D2. I'd almost say D1, if that didn't narrow down the Anointed pool for the mafia to guess in. A town clear is about the only pro-town mechanic we get, and we run the risk of the player being mislynched or NK'd if we go too far beyond D2, which means a scum player could claim Chooser and not be cc'ed because the real chooser was already dead.

The anointed one should reveal D2, right? That way, if no one reveals, the player who chose anointed one knows identity of one scum because tehir choice didn't go through.

The Anointed should also be outed on D2. However, any further discussion of who The Chooser is or who the Anointed is is probably bad.

FYI, my answer to these questions were basically (in a slightly different form) pre-written pre- role PM, and should not be used to infer whether I am either The Chooser or The Anointed, and I reserve the right to claim anything D2.

Good, that's settled.

Condude1 is probably scum. Kill him please.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Zoomzip » 21 Nov 2016, 16:36

Just to reiterate, I think Justy has the essential mechanics of reveals down pretty well, and any further discussion on that topic I consider bad. Unless someone has some town-killing exploit not thought of, I would prefer we not address it any more D1. I may well vote accordingly.

Zoomzip

Postby condude1 » 21 Nov 2016, 17:13

Zoomzip wrote: I would prefer we not address it [the Chooser] any more D1.

I agree wholeheartedly here. Today, we pretend the mechanic doesn't exist, tomorrow, we reveal the townie who chose. Anything else just feeds the mafia info.

Although, I am considering whether the mafia's responses to the Anointed are worth giving them a better shot at conversion. I'm pretty sure they don't, and once again, would prefer we don't talk about it.

As a note, I'm away from home for 14 hours today. I have a laptop, but communication might be sketchy.

More later.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Zoomzip » 21 Nov 2016, 17:17

condude1 wrote:Although, I am considering whether the mafia's responses to the Anointed are worth giving them a better shot at conversion. I'm pretty sure they don't, and once again, would prefer we don't talk about it.

I kinda get your loopy idea here, but agree it isn't worth it. Does seem like your kind of loopy idea.

Keirador

Zoomzip

Postby TreciKorpus BiH » 21 Nov 2016, 18:19

happymeal
Last edited by TreciKorpus BiH on 21 Nov 2016, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone is looking for a game with 24/24/24 orders or longer and is ranked, please PM me to join.
Previously known as BROCKENBROUGH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STqIRY7nHes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW2JdBb3sJM
TreciKorpus BiH

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (961)
All-game rating: (970)

Next

Return to Game Threads