Italian Renaissance- How to Save Savoy?

Six player game devised and introduced by Malevolence. Draw between diplomat42 and Roughly6Owls

Italian Renaissance- How to Save Savoy?

Postby Malevolence » 12 Oct 2011, 03:20

Hey everyone,
Going back to work on my IR game(link here- viewtopic.php?f=311&t=21449) (that unfortunately i had to leave a bit early from, thanks Rughat for covering). I thought it worked astoundingly well considering it was a first run of a brand new map. The only two nations to be completely destroyed by the end of it were Savoy and Florence. Florence was defeated by a substitutes stab (unlucky break ninja, sorry again), and otherwise was playing well, so I don't believe there is any issue there.

But, Savoy was basically eaten up by its neighbor Milan with no chance of escape except foreign aid- which seemed too far to reasonably interfere.

My question is this, how do I reduce Milan's ability to nail Savoy to the wall. I'd also like to start Milan off with a fleet, but i'm unsure what would best be changed.

Perhaps no army in alas and a fleet genoa?

looking forward to hear what everyone has to say.
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
Malevolence

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1094)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Italian Renaissance- How to Save Savoy?

Postby Willie900 » 12 Oct 2011, 03:32

maybe making Milan compete with other nations in its east more? Lucca is obviously Florentine, and there is no reason to argue with the Venitian player over their bordering, non SC provinces. perhaps making one of those an SC, or as you said, eliminating the army in alas and fleet in Genoa, or a combination of the two.
Wow my signature used to be awful
Willie900

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)

Postby ninjaruler » 12 Oct 2011, 03:40

okay. I have an interesting idea. Milan start without Nevara and a fleet in Genoa? I mean that would take away the 3v2 land fight.
¸„‹•*¸„‹•*„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*;;;:::::.....Ninja.....:::::;;;*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„*•›„¸*•›„¸
..............*•›„¸*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*¸„‹•*...............
ninjaruler

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Malevolence » 12 Oct 2011, 03:40

what ive got now is als a neutral SC

genoa starting as Milanese with a fleet.

the previous Gulf of Lyons has been split into the GoL and the Mer Francais.

genoa is adjacent to both, Pisa (flo fleet) is only adj to GoL and Nice (Savoy fleet) is only adj to mer francais.

now Milan cant do much more with that fleet than choose which person gets ajaccio.

both he and Savoy will get their free build (alas and asti) and then they fight each other with 3 vs 3. This might result in a total stalemate for a few turns but both nations would be amply able to defend themselves from foreign invasion.

Although- I like the idea of making Brescia a neutral SC.

that slows venice from moving south like he did last game and makes Milan either forfeit that close SC to Venice and risk a close neighborship with him or take a draw with Savoy and maybe even lose genoa. At which point foreigners can help against savoy because there is more than one way in (nice being the other).

I think thats the simplest solution and they are ussually the best
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
Malevolence

Postby Malevolence » 12 Oct 2011, 03:47

ninjaruler wrote:okay. I have an interesting idea. Milan start without Nevara and a fleet in Genoa? I mean that would take away the 3v2 land fight.

are you saying delete the SC in nevara completely or just remove Milan's control of it?
Malevolence

Postby ninjaruler » 12 Oct 2011, 03:48

just remove their initial control over it. unless that would over power them, then you coud just destroy it.
¸„‹•*¸„‹•*„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*;;;:::::.....Ninja.....:::::;;;*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„*•›„¸*•›„¸
..............*•›„¸*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*¸„‹•*...............
ninjaruler

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Malevolence » 12 Oct 2011, 04:23

ok, ive got Brescia as a SC now

with nothing else changed from the original.
Malevolence

Return to Italian Renaissance Diplomacy {All Maps Lost}