101695. dinosaur kek .. Rare Convoy St Pet - Syria

Anything about the Diplomacy game in general.

101695. dinosaur kek .. Rare Convoy St Pet - Syria

Postby Josey Wales » 31 Jan 2019, 22:14

Hello fellow Diplomats,

Joined this game a couple of season ago (it is now 1952) and is fun. This is the "Save the Dino / Shark" game played 7/7/7 no Finalize Orders. Sadly, it appears none of the original participants are still playing. I for one am happy to be a participant in a small part of this particular history in saving a species from going extinct.

https://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play.php?game_id=101695

We are about to do something I have never done or seen done ... convoy from St Pet to Syria. In this particular game, all 7 countries will be participating and there is a Shark in every sea, Woohoo!!

I think I will stick to Dinos and Sharks every game I start, LOL. Anyway, glad to still see these units in play. Fun to have participation, moves such as "let's circle counter clockwise England while we wait for a new Italy". Apparently some rouge elements joined this game intent on have a Dino / Shark player experience an extinction level event only be to pummeled by the other 6 players forcing them to surrender. All 7 powers still exists and it looks like someone vomited a back of skittles all over the map.

Play this game long enough and eventually one WILL see everything.

JW
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Aspiring Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1043
All-game rating: 1043
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: 101695. dinosaur kek .. Rare Convoy St Pet - Syria

Postby Jack007 » 01 Feb 2019, 12:41

The link is broken for non-players. Here's the right one
https://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play_details.php?game_id=101695

Apart of that, can't you sabotage the convoy? What about a stab?

8-)
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1272
All-game rating: 1578
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Josey Wales » 02 Feb 2019, 10:04

I think the point of this game is not to have any player go extinct and carry it on indefinitely or for a very long time. Yes, can block the convoy but would be neat to see this game go to 1999 and beyond. Maybe we will eventually end in a 7-way draw.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Josey Wales
Premium Member

Postby Jack007 » 02 Feb 2019, 12:04

Josey Wales wrote:... Maybe we will eventually end in a 7-way draw.

..says the man who claimed for solo only play, not so long ago, now plans a 7-way draw, haha.. ;)

A 7-way doesn't exist in Diplomacy, but a solo after 1999 would be a sensation. Go for it! :twisted:
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1272
All-game rating: 1578
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Josey Wales » 03 Feb 2019, 00:18

Jack007 wrote:
Josey Wales wrote:... Maybe we will eventually end in a 7-way draw.

..says the man who claimed for solo only play, not so long ago, now plans a 7-way draw, haha.. ;)

A 7-way doesn't exist in Diplomacy, but a solo after 1999 would be a sensation. Go for it! :twisted:

Generally yes, why bother otherwise, but this is a different sort of game where the intention clearly is not to win or end the game but to go on indefinitely. Otherwise I would not have my sharks scattered all over the board and let France park one near my shores unopposed, LOL. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This game will end eventually in a draw of some sort. Germany has the best chance to solo otherwise but since I have been here (short time) there have been at least 2 German commanders rotating in and out.

Josey Wales
Premium Member

Postby Adam_Nisbett » 07 Feb 2019, 05:03

https://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_history.php?game_id=101695&phase=O&gdate=103
And it has been completed successfully!

Technically I believe the game is anonymous, but given the extremely non-standard and friendly nature of the game, I hope no one gets penalized if they seem to act like they're one of the players... ;) ;)

I believe this is likely the world record for Diplomacy in the following regards:

Longest convoy ever - actual convoy path involved 8 sharks
Most countries participating in a convoy - convoy path involved sharks from all 7 countries
Most units ordering support for a single move - 29 units ordered the move from St. Pete to Syria in some form (either CONVOY, SUPPORT or MOVE)

The game is also likely a record setter for most seas with sharks (all of them) and therefore probably most sharks in the game (19) though more sharks are possible if the coasts are used as well.
Adam_Nisbett

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1186
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Diplomacy Lore