The Actual Board Game

Anything about the Diplomacy game in general.

Re: The Actual Board Game

Postby TheCraw » 14 Mar 2018, 19:53

sinnybee wrote:Wait, wait, wait... Colonial!? :o ...Craw-face... you know how I be loving Colonial, like you do.

Yep, but sadly I lost all my old map-work from the voting thread, so I had to start over from scratch, and I didn't get much positive input for a "PlayDip front page ready" version of the map, so my work on it sort of stalled out. :oops:
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Lord/God of Dune
All-game rating: (935)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sinnybee » 24 Mar 2018, 11:51

TheCraw wrote:
sinnybee wrote:Wait, wait, wait... Colonial!? :o ...Craw-face... you know how I be loving Colonial, like you do.

Yep, but sadly I lost all my old map-work from the voting thread, so I had to start over from scratch, and I didn't get much positive input for a "PlayDip front page ready" version of the map, so my work on it sort of stalled out. :oops:

You should team up with NoPunIn10Did--I think I heard him talk about doing something on Colonial after Hundred?
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby TheCraw » 25 Mar 2018, 20:54

sinnybee wrote:You should team up with NoPunIn10Did--I think I heard him talk about doing something on Colonial after Hundred?

Yeah, I got several PM's from NoPunIn10Did. His advanced knowledge about HTML programing & talk of "vectors" and such was quite intimidating for my humble self. It was the other reason I stopped thinking about recreating my lost Colonial map. He sounded a LOT better qualified. :oops:
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Lord/God of Dune
All-game rating: (935)

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 26 Mar 2018, 04:37

sinnybee wrote:
TheCraw wrote:

You should team up with NoPunIn10Did--I think I heard him talk about doing something on Colonial after Hundred?

You rang?

NoPunIn10Did
Lead Volunteer Developer

Forum Administrator

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1501

Postby JimHacker » 03 Jul 2018, 16:04

I own no fewer than THREE Diplomacy sets.

1961 Games Research
1985 Avalon Hill (came with the Gamer's Guide, the one with the blue cover)
1999 Hasbro/AH

Used to own the Avalon Hill "Deluxe" Diplomacy (1992) but, stupidly, I sold it. :(

I also own Richard Sharp's "The Game of Diplomacy" in hardcover.
JimHacker

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (952)

Postby David E. Cohen » 03 Jul 2018, 23:27

I have one which is marked '1 of 500'. Got it in some sort of estate sale on ebay. It set me back a pretty penny! The board looks a little funny too.
Play every game of Diplomacy as if it will be the last game of Diplomacy you will ever play.
David E. Cohen

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby asudevil » 03 Jul 2018, 23:41

David E. Cohen wrote:I have one which is marked '1 of 500'. Got it in some sort of estate sale on ebay. It set me back a pretty penny! The board looks a little funny too.

I think I had heard it went to you...but if I hadn't...Im glad it went to an admirer of the hobby. BTW, if you need my info so that you can will it to me in your estate...let me know.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football this season here...Reigning Champion
asudevil

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1497)

Postby David E. Cohen » 04 Jul 2018, 04:36

asudevil wrote:
David E. Cohen wrote:I have one which is marked '1 of 500'. Got it in some sort of estate sale on ebay. It set me back a pretty penny! The board looks a little funny too.

I think I had heard it went to you...but if I hadn't...Im glad it went to an admirer of the hobby. BTW, if you need my info so that you can will it to me in your estate...let me know.

Just kidding! No way I am forking over USD 5,234.00 for a Dip game, even if it was Calhamer's personal copy and the first Dip game ever manufactured. The better half would have killed me!
Play every game of Diplomacy as if it will be the last game of Diplomacy you will ever play.
David E. Cohen

Postby asudevil » 04 Jul 2018, 15:12

David E. Cohen wrote:
asudevil wrote:

Just kidding! No way I am forking over USD 5,234.00 for a Dip game, even if it was Calhamer's personal copy and the first Dip game ever manufactured. The better half would have killed me!

LAME...do you know who got it...thought the name I heard it had gone too was someone I recognized from the hobby
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football this season here...Reigning Champion
asudevil

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1497)

Postby David E. Cohen » 04 Jul 2018, 18:11

I am told by someone who says they do know who won the auction that the person who has the game wants to remain anonymous.
David E. Cohen

PreviousNext

Return to Diplomacy Lore