Game Checker: Rolan A Doobie (GM's Please Read)

Looking for a game to sign up for? Come here.
Games in development, sign-ups, or just awaiting launch.

Moderators: bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Game Checker: Rolan A Doobie (GM's Please Read)

Postby sjg11 » 08 Nov 2014, 16:17

Rolan A Doobie has kindly agreed to take on the role of Game Checker (if anyone has a better name please post below or PM me). Rolan is an experienced GM who is on hand to help people with the design of their games in order to ensure a higher quality of more balanced games as well as to show new GMs how to balance a game of Mafia. This is a step which I feel will benefit both players and GMs and I would definitely encourage new GMs to PM him their game design. I would even encourage experienced GMs to send him their game designs as having another set of eyes looking over a game is never a bad idea.

For those of you who don't know Rolan is one of the site's top GMs and I have never played in a game run by Rolan which wasn't both well balanced and enjoyable. So he seemed a natural fit for the position. To be honest the only other person I would have considered for the role would have been Crunkus and since he's taking a backseat role and Rolan volunteered, that decision was made a lot easier than it could have been.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Game Checker: Rolan A Doobie (GM's Please Read)

Postby Rolan A Doobie » 01 Jun 2018, 07:20

To those of you who have sent me games to look over since I was last here.....sorry.

I wasn't ignoring you. Just a significant life change led to massively reduced free time and this forum/website was one of the many things that hit the chopping block. Hopefully my lack of response didn't sour you on the idea of playing/creating these games, and that you got/get the feedback you were/are looking for. I'm just not the guy for the job anymore.

Maybe at some point down the road I'll wander back this way with more time on my hands. I still have a my folder full of ideas/themes in various stages of development, it's just been collecting digital dust for the past year and a half, or however long it's been.

Anyway, happy hunting.
Rolan A Doobie

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 29 Aug 2018, 20:23

queenc wrote:That sounds fun. I love checkers!

:D
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 31 Aug 2018, 03:07

Deleted the post, he was clearly a spammer.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Niakan » 08 Nov 2018, 16:57

Rolan A Doobie wrote:To those of you who have sent me games to look over since I was last here.....sorry.

I wasn't ignoring you. Just a significant life change led to massively reduced free time and this forum/website was one of the many things that hit the chopping block. Hopefully my lack of response didn't sour you on the idea of playing/creating these games, and that you got/get the feedback you were/are looking for. I'm just not the guy for the job anymore.

Maybe at some point down the road I'll wander back this way with more time on my hands. I still have a my folder full of ideas/themes in various stages of development, it's just been collecting digital dust for the past year and a half, or however long it's been.

Anyway, happy hunting.

Hope to see you soon, Rolan!
Face-to-face organizer of Diplomacy games in New York City.
My Twitch Channel
My YouTube Channel
My current Mafia game
Niakan

Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (1017)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Pending Games